Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:49:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 252
Author Topic: Washington 2020: The Calm Before the Drizzle  (Read 834206 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2008, 01:10:42 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2008, 01:21:10 AM by Ogre Mage »

I agree! 

Er, you are voting in the General election already?

No, it's the primary.  Candidates from all parties are on the ballot, Top 2 advance to the general.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »

And a bunch of other county judges that nobody cares about....

I'm actually psuedo-working for a few of those judicial candidates. Do you remember who you picked?

And tsk, tsk at Alcon for Rossi and Hecht.

Umm

Tim Bradshaw
Jean Bouffard
Holly Hill
Laura Gene Middaugh
Jean Rietschel
Mariane Spearman
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2008, 03:00:50 AM »

This is a big surprise.  (Lack of finality noted.)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2008, 11:32:17 AM »

And a bunch of other county judges that nobody cares about....

I'm actually psuedo-working for a few of those judicial candidates. Do you remember who you picked?

And tsk, tsk at Alcon for Rossi and Hecht.

Umm

Tim Bradshaw
Jean Bouffard
Holly Hill
Laura Gene Middaugh
Jean Rietschel
Mariane Spearman

Eh, 1/3. At least you bother to vote in them

Same goes for Armijo.  I've read some not-so-flattering stuff about his conduct before.  I don't know the guy, so it's hard to say how true that is.  I'm working under the delusion that close primary = tighter ship.

You realize that they don't appear on the November ballot, right?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »

Eh, 1/3. At least you bother to vote in them

1/3? I fail? Sad
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:45 PM »

Spearman is a whore.

At least you didn't vote for Cahan *shudders*
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »

Well, voted.  Left PCO blank, since I forgot I'm in a new precinct now and don't know either.  Switched my SPI vote to Fackler.  I'll be voting Kreidler almost certainly, but Fackler is only a joke, while Adams is a joke and a half.

I also switched from Johnson to Beecher.  Johnson is safe, and Beecher seems very amiable, and kind of libertarian-ish (but not in a libertarian way.)  Besides, Vulliet (two jokes in one bad Italian suit) has no chance.

You realize that they don't appear on the November ballot, right?

Ughh, I'm so bad at this.  Oh, well.  Armijo is almost certainly safe.  My first mis-vote!  This can be our little secret (I'll kill you all in your sleep if I have to)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »

LOL@the Dean Logan vote, by the way.

At least someone thought it was funny. I felt so clever when I decided to that.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2008, 06:37:10 PM »

LOL@the Dean Logan vote, by the way.

At least someone thought it was funny. I felt so clever when I decided to that.

I told my father he should've done it and he agreed (he left the race blank since Osgood is crazy and he hates Republicans).
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2008, 07:16:32 PM by Alcon »

I'm disappointed by Osgood.  I was hoping he'd bring a valid discussion on arcane balloting issues to the table.  Apparently, he mostly brings crazy.  The Stranger's Election Control Board endorsed Reed and called Osgood "paranoid," "sweaty" and a "nervous wreck."  They also said he went off on "Orwellian tirades about ballot barcodes."  That's the harshest I've ever seen them to anyone who agreed to meet with them.  And he's a Democrat.  Their I-26 anti-endorsement (non-partisan King County offices) capped off with: "if sex offenders have to register, so should Republicans."  They like their Democrats.  I haven't gotten the crazy vibe otherwise, but still.

They did make an exception on that, endorsing "anyone but Brad Owen."  Apparently he uses all of his time spent not being Governor to "tour the state with his crappy-ass rock band and crusade against pot."  Several inanimate objects received the endorsement over him.  I voted for the "empty bag of chips" (Marcia McCraw) over the "crusty come sock" (Jim Weist).  Ah, Seattle!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2008, 07:36:54 PM »

As much as I love the man, that's a pretty accurate account of Brad Owen. He has a fairly large staff and no one really knows what they, or him, do. He also has a very extensive alcohol collection in his office.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2008, 07:45:26 PM »

As much as I love the man, that's a pretty accurate account of Brad Owen. He has a fairly large staff and no one really knows what they, or him, do. He also has a very extensive alcohol collection in his office.

Yet he's anti-pot?  I might have to vote for the Republican.

Because, you know, if you want revolutionary government, and internally consistent substance use positions, you vote for the Washington GOP.  Yeah.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2008, 07:51:14 PM »

Yet he's anti-pot?  I might have to vote for the Republican.

Because, you know, if you want revolutionary government, and internally consistent substance use positions, you vote for the Washington GOP.  Yeah.

His focus is on controlled substances and kids, although I'd be shocked if he was pro-legalization.

If you can't stomach him then write-in that Nirvana guy.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »

Haha.  I kind of hope he'll run for something eventually.  He's a very sharp guy.  I'm not voting on pot, though, so it doesn't matter anyway.  It's a useless office and Owen hasn't blown it up, so I'll probably go for him.  I assumed the Stranger was mashing things to be edgy anyway.

By the way, just noticed -- happy birthday. Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »

Haha.  I kind of hope he'll run for something eventually.  He's a very sharp guy.  I'm not voting on pot, though, so it doesn't matter anyway.  It's a useless office and Owen hasn't blown it up, so I'll probably go for him.  I assumed the Stranger was mashing things to be edgy anyway.

Pretty much. Owen has done nothing to warrant being removed, and I highly doubt McCraw knows the Senate rules as well as him. I kind of doubt anyone knows the Senate rules as well as him.

But he's kind of a weird guy... he tells his staff to call him Governor when Gregoire is out the state. Whatever.

By the way, just noticed -- happy birthday. Smiley

Thank you! Mother made one cake and decided it wasn't moist enough, so she made a second one.
Kevinstat

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »

When do the polls close your time, and does Washington State use (Pacific) Daylight Savings Time?  (Is it about 6:51 p.m. there as I type?)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »

When do the polls close your time, and does Washington State use (Pacific) Daylight Savings Time?  (Is it about 6:51 p.m. there as I type?)

Yea, PST (three hours ahead of you). Polls close at 8 pm, but because we're heavily vote-by-mail you'll get a big chunk right around 8:30 - 9, a trickle of polls, and then a significant amount the next day. Close races won't be able to be called till Thursday, if not later.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2008, 10:30:13 PM »
« Edited: August 12, 2008, 11:04:44 PM by Ogre Mage »

I'm disappointed by Osgood.  I was hoping he'd bring a valid discussion on arcane balloting issues to the table.  Apparently, he mostly brings crazy.  The Stranger's Election Control Board endorsed Reed and called Osgood "paranoid," "sweaty" and a "nervous wreck."  They also said he went off on "Orwellian tirades about ballot barcodes."  That's the harshest I've ever seen them to anyone who agreed to meet with them.  And he's a Democrat.

What rock did the Washington State Democrats dig Osgood out from under?  Why the f**k are they backing a candidate supported by (un) Sound Politics?  The least they could do is find someone qualified.  As a Dem I am embarrassed that the party put up such a candidate for a statewide race.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »

^ LOL Eric Earling.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2008, 11:46:05 PM »

All the Dems are endorsing him just because he has a D by his name. They have no idea who he is.

I was at the 27th LD meeting and they blanket endorsed the entire slate of unopposed Democrats running for statewide office, including Osgood. No debate. People just have no idea who he is and automatically support him.

The people running the local Democratic parties frequently have no idea what the hell they're doing.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2008, 03:09:44 AM »

They did make an exception on that, endorsing "anyone but Brad Owen."  Apparently he uses all of his time spent not being Governor to "tour the state with his crappy-ass rock band and crusade against pot."

I wonder if I could become the only one to donate to both Rossi and Owen.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2008, 03:12:16 AM »

Owen and his staff also conferred with Gov. Christine Gregoire and her staff on a proclamation proclaiming March 10, 2008 as “The Ventures Day” in Washington state.

"I urge all citizens to gather their 45s, 8-tracks, cassettes, CDs and iPods and play The Ventures music on this special observance,” the governor’s proclamation states.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2008, 05:32:57 AM »

Yea, that's pretty typical Owen.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »

Turnout in King County isn't going well. Not good news for the Governor.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2008, 03:10:07 PM »

I just want to puke every time I see an ad for the scumbag. He really is disgusting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 252  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies