Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:22:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 162438 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: November 13, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »

Can we stop with the cherry picking random internet comments to generalize about whole states? There are good people in Alabama, and most of them don't waste away their days spamming up AL.com.

No need to cherry pick, most of the polls still show Moore ahead. And yeah, there are good people in Alabama. Which is why Moore won't win with 100% of the vote. But he'll still win.

Dude, if you're this convinced that Moore is going to win, you can make some good money on PredictIt.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1751 on: November 13, 2017, 07:31:48 PM »

If the GOP keeps Moore in the senate, they make the situation worse for themselves in 2018.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1752 on: November 13, 2017, 07:33:47 PM »

Can we stop with the cherry picking random internet comments to generalize about whole states? There are good people in Alabama, and most of them don't waste away their days spamming up AL.com.

No need to cherry pick, most of the polls still show Moore ahead. And yeah, there are good people in Alabama. Which is why Moore won't win with 100% of the vote. But he'll still win.

Dude, if you're this convinced, you can make some good money on PredictIt.

Implying I'm already not. Tongue Also, that same logic can apply to everyone. If you're so confident of a Jones victory, then max out!

Also, it is possible some type of funny business could cause Moore to resolve to no. Like if for some reason he drops out, or a strong write in candidate emerges. Both seem pretty remote, but they're possible. I'm 100% confident that Moore wins a straight head to head against Jones though.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1753 on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »

The question of "why now?" has a simple answer. That answer is that with the downfall of people like Harvey Weinstein and Louis CK and Kevin Spacey, women now feel empowered to speak the truth about people who sexually assaulted them. This is new in our culture.

I mean more about what exactly the sheriff and other powerful county officials were doing sitting on their ass knowing Moore was up to this kind of behavior.

The legacy of the Good Ol' Boy system, of course - back when everybody (including Moore) was a good, god-fearin' Dixiecrat. Of course, since all of those people more or less became good, god-fearin' Republicans around the same time, nobody in the club was ever outed or harmed for their transgressions due to partisan or political motivations.

It's frankly pretty dumb for people who have lived through that culture and know it all too well to question the legitimacy of the system and accuse it of corruption in one breath, and in the next, ask why one hand of power didn't slap the other - as if that implies it isn't true.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1754 on: November 13, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »

Amazing that people think in the Year of Our Lord 2017 that law enforcement is inclined to do the right thing in nearly any circumstance when it comes to white men.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1755 on: November 13, 2017, 07:51:30 PM »

Do we know if any new polls are coming out soon? Would be great to get a Quinn or PPP poll of this race.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1756 on: November 13, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »

Seriously: What is your standard for confirmation?  Be reasonable.  Pick the same standard you would use to disqualify a Democractic candidate.

Is it really asking so much to demand clear video footage in 1979 depicting Roy Moore turning to the camera and saying "I'm Roy Moore and this girl I'm molesting is fourteen!"?

Actually, Roy Moore is a very common name. Maybe she was wearing something revealing. Unless there are four male witnesses present and he says in the video "and that's beneath the current age of consent here in 1979" I think it's unreasonable to ask Greedo to ever question his views.

Welcome, and please post more often.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1757 on: November 13, 2017, 08:09:41 PM »

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1758 on: November 13, 2017, 08:14:15 PM »

The question of "why now?" has a simple answer. That answer is that with the downfall of people like Harvey Weinstein and Louis CK and Kevin Spacey, women now feel empowered to speak the truth about people who sexually assaulted them. This is new in our culture.

I mean more about what exactly the sheriff and other powerful county officials were doing sitting on their ass knowing Moore was up to this kind of behavior.

I 100% agree.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1759 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:02 PM »

I 100% agree.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1760 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »

Michael Steele on Chris Hayes just called out Alabaman Evangelicals for being "hypocrites" for excusing pedophilia when social issues and moral character has been the calling card of the Christian Right. "It's just stupid."

What a time we live in.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1761 on: November 13, 2017, 08:31:44 PM »

I am urging Roy Moore to drop out of the race right away.
While I’m still not convinced about the rumors it’s to risky I don’t want a possible child rapist in the senate again while I thank Moore for his service he should drop out.

Greedo the hunter
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1762 on: November 13, 2017, 08:33:55 PM »

Greedo is officially more reasonable than Alabama Republicans. An admittedly low bar.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1763 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:23 PM »

While I’m still not convinced about the rumors it’s to risky I don’t want a possible child rapist in the senate again while I thank Moore for his service he should drop out.

Greedo the hunter

Congrats, even Mitch McConnell had a more sincere statement on Moore.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1764 on: November 13, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »

Greedo is officially more reasonable than Alabama Republicans. An admittedly low bar.
Thanks again if I lived in Alabama I would still vote Moore because jones is super left wing but either way Moore should drop out for the good of America and the Republican Party.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1765 on: November 13, 2017, 08:39:46 PM »

Thanks again if I lived in Alabama I would still vote Moore because jones is super left wing but either way Moore should drop out for the good of America and the Republican Party.

Lmao, you're a disgrace. Jones would be a reasonable voice that could help bridge the gap between Democrats and the failure that is the Senate right now. Although there are too many far right lunatics like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee I guess...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1766 on: November 13, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »

Roll Eyes

I was going to take it back, but even with this addendum it still applies, sadly.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1767 on: November 13, 2017, 08:41:17 PM »

Greedo the hunter

Ah hell, Moore lost the Senate GOP and Guido the hunter?? I fully expect him to bow out of the race no later than tomorrow. It's over. Now that Commie Jones is going to win and help the Democrats socialize America Sad
EnglishPete

« Reply #1768 on: November 13, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »

Jones deserves to win this election. He is such a good man. He's more christian than even Moore claims himself to be, yet Evangelicals rather a pedophile than a man with a D next to his name.

Does it not occur to you that they support someone who is rather transparently being subjected to a politically motivated witch hunt.

Consider the facts. In the Washington Post story it gave three accounts of Moore courting young women who were, according to Alabama law, of marriageable age. Perhaps you think that the age of consent in Alabama is too low (or more likely you think that young people should be sexually active for a number of years before getting married and starting a family). These stories describe Moore behaving in a highly proper and chaste manner, not only in public but also in private, always asking the mothers permission to court and not engaging in any premarital sex.

In the fourth story however the pattern of behaviour was totally different, abusive, secretive and unchaste. It could have sounded believable on its own but it completely failed to tally with the personality described in the other accounts.

Today's performance really seals it for me for this being BS. Another Oscar nominated Gloria Allred production. Today's Allred 'victim' came out with a statement that was not only describing yet another completely different MO but which read like bad fiction in a trashy novel. A well deserved Oscar nomination for all the over the top acting and fake crying but still pretty transparently fake.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1769 on: November 13, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »

Mo Brooks is still backing Moore because he'll "vote right": http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/360214-alabama-rep-im-still-backing-moore-because-hell-vote-right-in-the-senate

This is incredibly short-sighted.  A Moore win would be much worse for the GOP than a loss.  You think the Republicans have done well running every race against Nancy Pelosi?  Wait until the Democrats get to run against Roy Moore.  The Republicans are already going to have a rough time next year; this would make it a lot rougher.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1770 on: November 13, 2017, 08:44:18 PM »

Lmao, you're a disgrace. Jones would be a reasonable voice that could help bridge the gap between Democrats and the failure that is the Senate right now. Although there are too many far right lunatics like Ted Cruz and Mike Lee I guess...

Perhaps you should change your sig Tongue
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1771 on: November 13, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »

Greedo the hunter

Ah hell, Moore lost the Senate GOP and Guido the hunter?? I fully expect him to bow out of the race no later than tomorrow. It's over. Now that Commie Jones is going to win and help the Democrats socialize America Sad

Товарищ Дуглас Гордонивич Джонс!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1772 on: November 13, 2017, 08:46:23 PM »

Jones deserves to win this election. He is such a good man. He's more christian than even Moore claims himself to be, yet Evangelicals rather a pedophile than a man with a D next to his name.

Does it not occur to you that they support someone who is rather transparently being subjected to a politically motivated witch hunt.

Consider the facts. In the Washington Post story it gave three accounts of Moore courting young women who were, according to Alabama law, of marriageable age. Perhaps you think that the age of consent in Alabama is too low (or more likely you think that young people should be sexually active for a number of years before getting married and starting a family). These stories describe Moore behaving in a highly proper and chaste manner, not only in public but also in private, always asking the mothers permission to court and not engaging in any premarital sex.

In the fourth story however the pattern of behaviour was totally different, abusive, secretive and unchaste. It could have sounded believable on its own but it completely failed to tally with the personality described in the other accounts.

Today's performance really seals it for me for this being BS. Another Oscar nominated Gloria Allred production. Today's Allred 'victim' came out with a statement that was not only describing yet another completely different MO but which read like bad fiction in a trashy novel. A well deserved Oscar nomination for all the over the top acting and fake crying but still pretty transparently fake.

U R scum. Rape apologism is ugly. DIAF. Go report to your bond officer.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1773 on: November 13, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »

How can we be sure Devin Patrick Kelly really shot all those people in Sutherland Springs? I mean, he's been in churches plenty of times, and never shot anyone there. The Sutherland Springs shooting is really not his M.O. Sounds just like another liberal ploy to take away everybody's guns.  
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #1774 on: November 13, 2017, 08:49:21 PM »

Wait so can someone explain the mechanism by which Jeff Sessions becomes Senator again (as the rumors are saying)?
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies