Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:09:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 46
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 66600 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 04, 2019, 09:05:51 AM »

William Barr is a hack partisan.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #526 on: April 04, 2019, 09:11:28 AM »

I've updated the title slightly to reflect that the released findings are from Barr's summary, not directly from the report.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2019, 09:15:47 AM »

I've updated the title slightly to reflect that the released findings are from Barr's summary, not directly from the report.

Thank you.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #528 on: April 04, 2019, 09:19:14 AM »

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2019, 09:28:54 AM »

So they did collude but were too stupid to know what was going on?
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #530 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »

Almost certainly! This definitely describes somebody like Carter Page, right?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 04, 2019, 09:57:32 AM »

To be honest, I was actually pretty relieved that some dictator 7000 miles away didn’t have some sort of power and our democratic republic. Not only might that still be the case, but it appears that those of us who are involved in it were too stupid to realize it when they should have known (So “I didn’t mean to” or “I didn’t know” are not excuses) and also that those charged with ultimately making decisions based on the investigation are covering it up. At this point, I am really happy that I’m not serving in the armed service, the unarmed service, or the civil service. At this point, it could turn out that every order or every action given by the federal government since January 19 of 2017 might have been illegal. This Russia thing is still as or at least as big and pertinent a concern for Democrats as the birth certificate issue was for Republicans.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #532 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:26 AM »

WaPo is saying that Mueller wrote his own summary for the public that Barr threw out
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #533 on: April 04, 2019, 10:19:12 AM »

WaPo is saying that Mueller wrote his own summary for the public that Barr threw out

Is that impeachable right there?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #534 on: April 04, 2019, 10:21:25 AM »

Almost certainly! This definitely describes somebody like Carter Page, right?

Yes, almost certainly also Flynn. Possibly also Jared and Junior for attending the Trump tower meeting: the meeting itself may not have been illegal, but it rightly raised questions.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: April 04, 2019, 10:35:23 AM »

I said this in the other thread, but if Barr doesn't release the report soon, someone is going to leak it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #536 on: April 04, 2019, 10:36:49 AM »

So the DOJ has put a damage control statement and I can’t figure out what they are saying
Thatkat04
« Reply #537 on: April 04, 2019, 11:02:16 AM »

It would have been less damaging if Barr had just released one of the pre-written summaries. Yes, even if it did say Trump obstructed justices, nothing major would have happened since republicans wouldn't be on board with impeachment. Now, Barr and the justice department look like they attempted to cover this up.

Idiots all around.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #538 on: April 04, 2019, 11:02:38 AM »

So the DOJ has put a damage control statement and I can’t figure out what they are saying

Seems like they're doubling down on "It wasn't a summary, it wasn't a summary, it was just a summary of the principal conclusions, I never said it was a summary!" Except that it was also Barr (who'd drafted an unsolicited memo saying obstruction wasn't possible when the President does it) and Rosenstein (who would have been a witness in obstruction proceedings) sticking their judgment in there re: obstruction.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2019, 04:26:09 PM »

It would have been less damaging if Barr had just released one of the pre-written summaries. Yes, even if it did say Trump obstructed justices, nothing major would have happened since republicans wouldn't be on board with impeachment. Now, Barr and the justice department look like they attempted to cover this up.

Idiots all around.

If I was Mueller, I would have included in the Full Report, my (Mueller's) official public release letter that should be released (and read) to the public and media regarding my summary of the full investigation. Have the letter be one of the very first pages in the report, and in the letter state that the investigation team is sternly requesting its immediate release. As Mueller is writing this official letter, he is obviously careful to not include any information in it, that would need to be "redacted."

If the Att Gen did not release the letter (which would be a huge mistake), then it would obviously come-out later in the full report given to House/Senate, and then obviously to the public.
This would almost assure it's release.
(Kind of a "sneaky" move, but I think it would work. Though I don't know if Mueller would do something like this.)
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #540 on: April 04, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »

The full report will be out soon.  Perhaps we can spike the narrative before hand so then if and when it turns out to be something far less than what people are saying, there will be cries of "cover up" and calls for a "new investigation".

There were NO indictments.  Zip, zero, zilch.  The full report will be released soon enough.  Good Lord, people waited longer for the Warren Report, and its release sparked a cottage industry of conspiracy theorists that continues to this day.

Will this report say Trump acted like a yucky poo-poo head?  Probably.  Will what's there justify more investigations, let alone impeachment?  I doubt it, and everyone here doubts it too.  If it does, well, have at it, but what people are trying to do, ultimately, is define Obstruction of Justice in a way that criminalizes Trump's normal and legal use of his Presidential powers, and those powers include the right to fire the FBI Director.

Do I like everything about Donald Trump?  Lord, no!  I would not want my son to have Trump's persona (although I might wish my son to have Trump's work ethic).  He says things and does things at times that, while entertaining (to a point), have me scratching my head.  I'm a "less is more" individual in many walks of life, and I usually restrain the urges I have to fire off at people because I know once I say something I can't take it back.  That's not Trump at all. 

Do I like everything politically about Donald Trump?  Again:  Lord, no!  He's right on immigration and trade, and I appreciate his commitment to social conservatism, even if his heart isn't always in it.  I certainly think he's been too much the Freedom Caucus Republican, and while I see that as an alliance of convenience, those are the folks who do the most to reward the wealthiest and trash the safety net.  While I agree with a good deal of Trump's questioning of many institutions, I don't wish to trash those institutions to the point where they are unsalvagable.

No, I don't like everything about Donald Trump, but I detest "The Resistance".  I consider "The Resistance" to be downright anti-American; they would have America fail if it brings down Trump.  And the events of the post-election period of 2016 has convinced me that there is a coalition of powerful elites who cast their own veto on Trump's election and are bound and determined to undo his election.  When nearly every single newspaper in America comes out to oppose Trump, when the mainstream media abandon any pretense of objectivity toward Trump, and when they do this REGARDLESS OF THE FACTS, we have before us the darkness that democracy will actually die in, if it, indeed, is killed.  When the majority of a House of Congress devotes its entire resources removing a President, and with developing false narratives to justify the extreme step of impeachment and removal, then we have something other than what the Founding Fathers indicated.  Something frightening.  Something more worthy of the failed states from which the people seeking to crash our borders come from than from an advanced and supposedly stable democracy that Trump, by the way, did not destabilize.

If Trump's that bad, then make the case for it in an election.  Convince people you're right and vote him out of office.  I'm all for that.  Let the Congress work on legislation, and not on political investigations disguised as "oversight".  But let's stop the insanity.  Because it IS possible for the GOP to be even more of a "resistance" if the Democrats are voted in.  Would THAT be good for America?  Somehow, I think not.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #541 on: April 04, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »

The full report will be out soon.  Perhaps we can spike the narrative before hand so then if and when it turns out to be something far less than what people are saying, there will be cries of "cover up" and calls for a "new investigation".

There were NO indictments.  Zip, zero, zilch.  The full report will be released soon enough.  Good Lord, people waited longer for the Warren Report, and its release sparked a cottage industry of conspiracy theorists that continues to this day.

Will this report say Trump acted like a yucky poo-poo head?  Probably.  Will what's there justify more investigations, let alone impeachment?  I doubt it, and everyone here doubts it too.  If it does, well, have at it, but what people are trying to do, ultimately, is define Obstruction of Justice in a way that criminalizes Trump's normal and legal use of his Presidential powers, and those powers include the right to fire the FBI Director.

Do I like everything about Donald Trump?  Lord, no!  I would not want my son to have Trump's persona (although I might wish my son to have Trump's work ethic).  He says things and does things at times that, while entertaining (to a point), have me scratching my head.  I'm a "less is more" individual in many walks of life, and I usually restrain the urges I have to fire off at people because I know once I say something I can't take it back.  That's not Trump at all. 

Do I like everything politically about Donald Trump?  Again:  Lord, no!  He's right on immigration and trade, and I appreciate his commitment to social conservatism, even if his heart isn't always in it.  I certainly think he's been too much the Freedom Caucus Republican, and while I see that as an alliance of convenience, those are the folks who do the most to reward the wealthiest and trash the safety net.  While I agree with a good deal of Trump's questioning of many institutions, I don't wish to trash those institutions to the point where they are unsalvagable.

No, I don't like everything about Donald Trump, but I detest "The Resistance".  I consider "The Resistance" to be downright anti-American; they would have America fail if it brings down Trump.  And the events of the post-election period of 2016 has convinced me that there is a coalition of powerful elites who cast their own veto on Trump's election and are bound and determined to undo his election.  When nearly every single newspaper in America comes out to oppose Trump, when the mainstream media abandon any pretense of objectivity toward Trump, and when they do this REGARDLESS OF THE FACTS, we have before us the darkness that democracy will actually die in, if it, indeed, is killed.  When the majority of a House of Congress devotes its entire resources removing a President, and with developing false narratives to justify the extreme step of impeachment and removal, then we have something other than what the Founding Fathers indicated.  Something frightening.  Something more worthy of the failed states from which the people seeking to crash our borders come from than from an advanced and supposedly stable democracy that Trump, by the way, did not destabilize.

If Trump's that bad, then make the case for it in an election.  Convince people you're right and vote him out of office.  I'm all for that.  Let the Congress work on legislation, and not on political investigations disguised as "oversight".  But let's stop the insanity.  Because it IS possible for the GOP to be even more of a "resistance" if the Democrats are voted in.  Would THAT be good for America?  Somehow, I think not.

Is this an argument or a rant?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #542 on: April 04, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »

Is this an argument or a rant?

Yes, lol.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #543 on: April 04, 2019, 05:59:27 PM »

The GOP was doing those sorts of “political investigations” times thirty throughout Obama’s presidency, and it won them the White House in 2016 despite finding nothing, so...
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #544 on: April 04, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

“There were NO indictments.”

You incredible lying hack.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #545 on: April 04, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2019, 06:18:53 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

The full report will be out soon.  Perhaps we can spike the narrative before hand so then if and when it turns out to be something far less than what people are saying, there will be cries of "cover up" and calls for a "new investigation".

There were NO indictments.  Zip, zero, zilch.  The full report will be released soon enough.  Good Lord, people waited longer for the Warren Report, and its release sparked a cottage industry of conspiracy theorists that continues to this day.

Will this report say Trump acted like a yucky poo-poo head?  Probably.  Will what's there justify more investigations, let alone impeachment?  I doubt it, and everyone here doubts it too.  If it does, well, have at it, but what people are trying to do, ultimately, is define Obstruction of Justice in a way that criminalizes Trump's normal and legal use of his Presidential powers, and those powers include the right to fire the FBI Director.

Do I like everything about Donald Trump?  Lord, no!  I would not want my son to have Trump's persona (although I might wish my son to have Trump's work ethic).  He says things and does things at times that, while entertaining (to a point), have me scratching my head.  I'm a "less is more" individual in many walks of life, and I usually restrain the urges I have to fire off at people because I know once I say something I can't take it back.  That's not Trump at all.  

Do I like everything politically about Donald Trump?  Again:  Lord, no!  He's right on immigration and trade, and I appreciate his commitment to social conservatism, even if his heart isn't always in it.  I certainly think he's been too much the Freedom Caucus Republican, and while I see that as an alliance of convenience, those are the folks who do the most to reward the wealthiest and trash the safety net.  While I agree with a good deal of Trump's questioning of many institutions, I don't wish to trash those institutions to the point where they are unsalvagable.

No, I don't like everything about Donald Trump, but I detest "The Resistance".  I consider "The Resistance" to be downright anti-American; they would have America fail if it brings down Trump.  And the events of the post-election period of 2016 has convinced me that there is a coalition of powerful elites who cast their own veto on Trump's election and are bound and determined to undo his election.  When nearly every single newspaper in America comes out to oppose Trump, when the mainstream media abandon any pretense of objectivity toward Trump, and when they do this REGARDLESS OF THE FACTS, we have before us the darkness that democracy will actually die in, if it, indeed, is killed.  When the majority of a House of Congress devotes its entire resources removing a President, and with developing false narratives to justify the extreme step of impeachment and removal, then we have something other than what the Founding Fathers indicated.  Something frightening.  Something more worthy of the failed states from which the people seeking to crash our borders come from than from an advanced and supposedly stable democracy that Trump, by the way, did not destabilize.

If Trump's that bad, then make the case for it in an election.  Convince people you're right and vote him out of office.  I'm all for that.  Let the Congress work on legislation, and not on political investigations disguised as "oversight".  But let's stop the insanity.  Because it IS possible for the GOP to be even more of a "resistance" if the Democrats are voted in.  Would THAT be good for America?  Somehow, I think not.

Several things FB
1) as I’ve said previously Trump firing Comey to influence an investigation Trump himself is implicated in is not a “normal function of the presidency” and to argue that somehow criminalizing said abuse for future presidents is somehow bad for the country is asinine
2) you want you’re son to have Trump’s “work ethic”?! You want him watching tv and tweeting all day?
3) everything you said about the resistance describes the tea party and Trump himself under Obama
4) lastly you condemn the media for being harsh on Trump yet you in a previous paragraph pointed out what a piece of garbage he is but put up with it for partisan reasons. Well why the hell should any media that isn’t rw partisan and thus have no reason to avoid Trump’s crap just ignore Trump’s crap?!?!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #546 on: April 04, 2019, 06:17:44 PM »

You're such a class act. 

No further indictments is what I should have said.  The indictments of Manafort were for matters having nothing to do with Trump's campaign.  Ditto the indictments of Flynn, Stone, and Cohen.  No indictments pertaining to activities of Donald Trump.  No indictments regarding the "collusion" narrative, which was the basis of the Mueller Investigation in the first place.  No indictments of Trump's family members.  No indictments for obstruction of justice for anyone.

That's a lot of "No", don'tcha think?

And, yes, no new indictments were announced in the Mueller report.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #547 on: April 04, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »

Several things FB
1) as I’ve said previously Trump firing Comey to influence an investigation Trump himself is implicated in is not a “normal function of the presidency” and to argue that someone criminalize said abuse for future presidents is somehow bad for the country is asinine
2) you want you’re son to have Trump’s “work ethic”?! You want him watching tv and tweeting all day?
3) everything you said about the resistance describes the tea party and Trump himself under Obama
4) lastly you condemn the media for being harsh on Trump yet you in a previous paragraph pointed out what a piece of garbage he is but put up with it for partisan reasons. Well why the hell should any media that isn’t rw partisan and thus have no reason to avoid Trump’s crap just ignore Trump’s crap?!?!

I don't consider Trump a piece of garbage.  He has his obvious flaws.  Perhaps I ought to wish for my son to grow up to be just like Joe Biden.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #548 on: April 04, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

Better to be Biden then Trump. Like freakin really? The pure fantasy world you rwers build that can find grandpa long hug morally objectionable but not Donald “grab em by the pussy”, 23 sexual assault and harrasments, accused of rape by ex-wife, bragged to Howard Stern about walking in on underaged girls at his beauty pageant, and talked about how he’d bagged his daughter if they weren’t related Trump is unbelievable
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #549 on: April 04, 2019, 06:51:54 PM »

You're such a class act. 

No further indictments is what I should have said.  The indictments of Manafort were for matters having nothing to do with Trump's campaign.  Ditto the indictments of Flynn, Stone, and Cohen.  No indictments pertaining to activities of Donald Trump.  No indictments regarding the "collusion" narrative, which was the basis of the Mueller Investigation in the first place.  No indictments of Trump's family members.  No indictments for obstruction of justice for anyone.

That's a lot of "No", don'tcha think?

And, yes, no new indictments were announced in the Mueller report.

Yes, I understood from the outset what you *meant*, but it matters that you *said* something else entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies