Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season IX - "CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD, Kenya, CAD"  (Read 155364 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: August 19, 2013, 08:15:59 PM »

They call it a Double Quarter Pounder because you get two quarter pound beef patties. A half pounder, which is not something McDonalds sells, would have one patty that is a half pound. I also salute Bushie's honesty in admitting he will never run. I wish he were as honest about everything else. Any plans for Labor Day, Bushie? More grilled hamburgers?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1076 on: August 19, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »

They call it a Double Quarter Pounder because you get two quarter pound beef patties. A half pounder, which is not something McDonalds sells, would have one patty that is a half pound. I also salute Bushie's honesty in admitting he will never run. I wish he were as honest about everything else. Any plans for Labor Day, Bushie? More grilled hamburgers?

Grilled hamburgers are likely.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1077 on: August 19, 2013, 08:55:20 PM »

My professor is trying a new tactic that I think is really good on the retake of the tests.  Instead of just calling it a test at 85%, he wants us to keep retaking it until we get every question correct.  He says that's the best way to learn it.  So, even if I pass it right away, I need to keep taking it until I get a 100%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1078 on: August 19, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »

My professor is trying a new tactic that I think is really good on the retake of the tests.  Instead of just calling it a test at 85%, he wants us to keep retaking it until we get every question correct.  He says that's the best way to learn it.  So, even if I pass it right away, I need to keep taking it until I get a 100%.

This class sounds more and more bizarre. This guy keeps changing the format of it every single day. Either Bushie isn't telling us the truth about his grades or this professor is having some serious issues trying to run it (or both). I know Bushie is not giving us the full picture so it's hard to figure out what's going on here but it doesn't sound good.

Winter is coming.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1079 on: August 19, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »

Is this teacher really a professor?  Or is he just a "professor" in the same sense that Aizen is?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1080 on: August 19, 2013, 11:14:39 PM »

This class sounds more and more bizarre. This guy keeps changing the format of it every single day. Either Bushie isn't telling us the truth about his grades or this professor is having some serious issues trying to run it (or both). I know Bushie is not giving us the full picture so it's hard to figure out what's going on here but it doesn't sound good.

Winter is coming.

I could be completely wrong (because this season has been utterly boring and laced with jargon), but I swear that I recall in one post this CAD program being outlined by Bushie like an independent study program before he began. Meaning, he and others go into a room at certain scheduled times to work on their various assignments and the "teacher" is in fact a supervisor or facilitator that grades the cookie-cutter work given to them using answer sheets.

This certainly would explain why the material was suddenly found to be out-of-date, why he seems to be completing the work at his own pace, why the teacher keeps "changing things" and perhaps even why there are five girls in this "CAD class" (have gender roles been redefined this much, in Oklahoma of all places?).

I took blocks of independent study time in HS to power through my last two semesters early. This is exactly what it sounds like. Maybe I'm wrong, though, but someone should read back and see (I'm wanting to say it was near the end of last season, but maybe this one). This sounds like a job for Inks.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1081 on: August 19, 2013, 11:16:14 PM »

Wait when did Bushie live in Philly???

I didn't live there, I only worked there for 5 weeks at a computer camp at Rosemont College and stayed in the dorm before doing the same thing for the next four weeks at Bentley College in Waltham, Mass.  This was 2007.

Wasn't 2007 the year Philadelphia beat Houston as fattest city in America?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1082 on: August 20, 2013, 12:00:40 AM »

I didn't live there, I only worked there for 5 weeks at a computer camp at Rosemont College and stayed in the dorm before doing the same thing for the next four weeks at Bentley College in Waltham, Mass.  This was 2007.

Wasn't 2007 the year Philadelphia beat Houston as fattest city in America?

Do you think Bushie tipped the scales in their favor?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1083 on: August 20, 2013, 05:37:15 AM »

Winter is coming.

I could be completely wrong (because this season has been utterly boring and laced with jargon), but I swear that I recall in one post this CAD program being outlined by Bushie like an independent study program before he began. Meaning, he and others go into a room at certain scheduled times to work on their various assignments and the "teacher" is in fact a supervisor or facilitator that grades the cookie-cutter work given to them using answer sheets.

This certainly would explain why the material was suddenly found to be out-of-date, why he seems to be completing the work at his own pace, why the teacher keeps "changing things" and perhaps even why there are five girls in this "CAD class" (have gender roles been redefined this much, in Oklahoma of all places?).

I took blocks of independent study time in HS to power through my last two semesters early. This is exactly what it sounds like. Maybe I'm wrong, though, but someone should read back and see (I'm wanting to say it was near the end of last season, but maybe this one). This sounds like a job for Inks.

It is self-paced, but at the same time the instructor wants to make sure we retain the material.  Quite logical, in my opinion.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1084 on: August 20, 2013, 05:41:25 AM »

Is this teacher really a professor?  Or is he just a "professor" in the same sense that Aizen is?

Teacher/Instructor/Professor, the titles are interchangeable.  He's more of just a facilitator since it is self paced, but at the same time he wants to make sure we get the information.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1085 on: August 20, 2013, 06:13:33 AM »

Teacher/Instructor/Professor, the titles are interchangeable.  He's more of just a facilitator since it is self paced, but at the same time he wants to make sure we get the information.

Exaggerating your teaching credentials won't help you get girls.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1086 on: August 20, 2013, 09:28:47 AM »

Does he have a PhD in CAD or is he a teenager from Colorado giving advice on how to get girls? If he's not one or the other, he's not a professor.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1087 on: August 20, 2013, 09:37:48 AM »

Does he have a PhD in CAD or is he a teenager from Colorado giving advice on how to get girls? If he's not one or the other, he's not a professor.

The guy sounds like he got his teaching certificate from a sham online program.......
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1088 on: August 20, 2013, 09:38:40 AM »

Redoing the test until everyone gets a perfect score? What kind of class is this?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1089 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »

Redoing the test until everyone gets a perfect score? What kind of class is this?

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1090 on: August 20, 2013, 09:52:27 AM »

Either Bushie is laying about his grades, or this class isn't a real class. No school gives all of their students perfect scores unless it's a sham.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say Bushie isn't doing well and is making up this rule change to explain why he's having to constantly retake his exams. Otherwise, how would this class go forward? Not everyone can make a 100 on an exam.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1091 on: August 20, 2013, 10:16:30 AM »

If the class is all on the computer, what does the instructor do? Why not just login from home for the course materials? Would save a ton on time and gas as far away as Bushie lives.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1092 on: August 20, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »

Let's cut to the chase: the "professor" of this class is probably an old retired guy who spent his life doing CAD and now wants to make some quick and easy extra cash on top of his pension, while enjoying the sight of high school girls hard at work.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1093 on: August 20, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »

this class is an absolute joke.

bushie, i will put in a good word for you at wendy's  Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1094 on: August 20, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »

Sadly, he will just take on more debt and will not be any better off. CAD isn't the magic ticket to a comfortable life like Bushie seems to think it is, especially if his class is for high schoolers where everyone makes a perfect score. How will the students differentiate themselves? Think about it...

He will be in the same position he has been since leaving Utah when he graduates. Unemployed with no where to go. And the vicious cycle continues...
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1095 on: August 20, 2013, 10:41:59 AM »

The question is, if you were a potential employer, how would you view a "degree" from this program?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1096 on: August 20, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

Let me clarify, he only counts the first two attempts like he has been, but instead of retaking it until an 85 is achieved, he wants us to retake it until we score 100%.  The third and following attempts do not count in the grade, though
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1097 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »

Let me clarify, he only counts the first two attempts like he has been, but instead of retaking it until an 85 is achieved, he wants us to retake it until we score 100%.  The third and following attempts do not count in the grade, though

Do you really believe this is a legit program you're in?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1098 on: August 20, 2013, 12:14:58 PM »

Instructor, teacher, and professor are absolutely NOT interchangable titles.

And I believe Bushie is at a public, government-funded program,  so it's not just a diploma mill.  However he needs to make sure he masters CAD, since his diploma alone probably won't impress employers. Being legitimately good at CAD will.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1099 on: August 20, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »

I remember Facebook friending some local campaign consultant a few years ago and saw Our Dear Friend was a mutual friend. I was confused, intrigued and horrified. Turns out they were in some camp out by Villanova. Anyway, there was a point in time when The Hungry One was deciding on where to permanently set up shop: either Oklahoma or Montgomery county, PA. Talk about different universes. Could you imagine if he had moved here for good?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies