2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:16:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155756 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

What happened to Edwards? Wasn't he leading the pack just a while ago?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »

OOC; He ended up in an Iowa hospital... that being said he's still in the race, and still has a great shot in both Tennessee and Virginia.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2014, 06:13:44 PM »

Him being off the campaign do to his heart incidence, and Clinton and Biden's increased momentum followed by their wins. I believe he can rebound, though.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2014, 07:53:28 PM by NHI »

POST-DEBATE POLL: DEMOCRATS

Who Won The Democrat Debate:
John Edwards: 25%
Hillary Clinton: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
Joe Biden: 19%
Undecided: 10%

Edwards Back on Top?
The first poll after the Democratic Debate put one time frontrunner John Edwards back in the lead. 25 percent of respondents thought Edwards' delivered the best performance in the debate between the five rivals. Clinton tied with Dennis Kucinich, who also delivered a strong debate performance particularly on immigration reform. Joe Biden, also gave a respectable performance It's unclear yet how this debate will change the dynamics of the race, heading into the Michigan and Washington contests. Latest polls put Clinton ahead in both states.

Republican Debate Poll will be forthcoming, once we get Johnson's responses.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2014, 06:56:59 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2014, 09:25:40 PM by Governor Spiral »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: February 4-8

February 4
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, George McGovern, Ralph Nader, and Mike Gravel
-Rallying Democrats and left-leaning independents in Spokane Valley, WA
-Barnstorming and instruction on caucus process in Federal Way, WA
-Barnstorming and organizaing GOTV strategy with grassroots in Kennewick, WA
-Barnstorming and media interviews in Auburn, WA
-Bus tour in Vancouver, WA
-Organizing GOTV strategy with staff in Tacoma, WA

Washington, we have the chance to show the other Democrats in the race just how much of a force we are! We're certainly more organized than anybody else here, and I expect our hard work to pay off very soon. Out of the four candidates left, there has only been one who has been a consistent advocate for peace, justice, a strong economy, and a good environment. North Dakota was just the beginning. We'll be seeing many more victories down the road, because our campaign will never be stopped! Washington will make me proud!

February 5
With Russ Feingold, Barney Frank, Ramsey Clark, and Bernie Sanders
-Barnstorming and reaching out to youths in Yakima, WA
-Barnstorming and contacting grassroots in Shoreline, WA
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Renton, WA
-Bus tour in Everett, WA
-Phone banking in Kent, WA
-Fundraising and organizing GOTV strategy with staff in Tacoma, WA

Folks, what's more important here than anything is to vote, vote, vote. All of you must show up at the caucuses if we want to make sure that we win. The polls seem to have us in a pretty good position, but it's still a close race and anything can change in the blink of an eye. So, we've got to be alert. I'm very pleased by the work that my staff and all of the grassroots have been doing here, and I know that it will all pay off for us. Who, out of all the other campaigns, can say that they have a more enthusiastic group of supporters than my own? No one can really claim that. We surpass them far and away, and that enthusiasm is the reason why this campaign is going so well, and why I know that we're going to win right here in Washington in two days!

February 6
With Howard Dean, George McGovern, Sherrod Brown, Jesse Jackson, Barbara Lee, and Ralph Nader
-Barnstorming and rallying support in Marysville, WA
-Barnstorming and voter registration in Bellevue, WA
-Bus tour and rallying supporters in Spokane, WA
-Phone banking and implementing GOTV strategy with staff and supporters in Seattle, WA
-Phone banking and organizing GOTV strategy in Grand Rapids, MI
-Bus tour and rallying minority support in Detroit, MI

Tonight I've barnstormed all across two states: Washington and right here in Michigan. Campaigning can be exhausting, but it's all for a good cause. I'm running to win, yes, but I'm also running to promote ideas that will put our country back on track. They're ideas that would restore the Democratic Party back to its progressive roots. I think that we as Democrats have sometimes acted too much like Republicans, so what choice are we giving voters when we're like that? My campaign has only become stronger as the primaries have gone on. I've given yet another solid debate performance and I'm competitive in a number of states. We can win both Washington and Michigan tomorrow night, but it will all depend on you, the voters. Come out to the polls in full force and make your voices heard! Bring out your family, friends, and coworkers and tell them that Dennis Kucinich is the only candidate who has been fighting for them every step of the way! We can do this, my friends, all together!

February 7
With all surrogates
-GOTV statewide in Washington
-GOTV statewide in Michigan
-Barnstorming and caucus instruction in Bangor, ME
-Barnstorming and GOTV strategy session in Portland, ME
-Rally in Seattle, WA

February 8
With all surrogates
-GOTV statewide in Maine
-Focusing on attracting progressives by building Kucinich as main anti-Clinton candidate
-Local media interviews
-Rally in Portland, ME
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2014, 07:54:03 PM »

I wanted to take a moment and says kudos to everyone involved with this game. I've been very happy with its' progress so far! Keep it up.

-- NHI
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »

OOC: Sorry for not having things up sooner, busy with finals week.

Johnson Debate Answers:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Obviously I describe myself as a conservative first, the Republican party is a big tent, and encompasses many thoughts and ideas. My thoughts and ideas are not the same as the other two candidates on the stage, but we are all Republicans. As governor I had to work together with both parties to get done what was best for my state. That is how I will govern as president, I will work with both parties for what is best with America.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The war on drugs has not been successful, our drug rates and those incarcerated for drug crimes has only gone up. The war on drugs is costly and ineffective, I do not want our kids addicted to drugs, but also do not want a small mistake when they are young to follow them through the rest of their lives. What we need to do, through a slow process is nationally regulate, decriminalize, legalize, and tax these drugs. With this income we can afford to show the harm that these drugs can do. Instead of making criminals out of addicts, we should be rehabilitating them.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #382 on: May 06, 2014, 09:09:24 PM »

TV/Radio Ad: A Green Future

Hi, I'm Dennis Kucinich. The League of Conservation Voters has given me a 100% rating on environmental issues, and for good reason. We must take care of our own planet first before tackling all of our other problems, and I've been the strongest voice against big oil and other groups that want to reduce regulations on our environment. Having a clean environment is not a luxury, it's a right. As President, I'll strengthen the EPA, eliminate the tax breaks for oil companies, and invest in clean energy projects. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message because it's time to go a new way.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2014, 11:26:47 PM by badgate »

TV Ad: Joe's Green Thumb

WOMAN: Protection of the environment is a key issue to Senator Joe Biden. Above all other Democratic candidates Joe's got a green thumb for clean energy and clean air. In the Senate he has been a leader in the cause, and is the only candidate that the League of Conservation Voters has held a fundraiser in support. When Senator Biden visited us here in Washington, he was the only candidate to visit our national parks and nature preserves.

JOE BIDEN: If our promise to our children is a quality education, we must also leave them a quality Earth to inhabit. As President I'll fight for stricter punishments to force oil manufacturers to make oil spills extremely rare. I'll never sleep if there's extreme and dangerous weather occurring throughout the country. And I'll fight. For you. I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #384 on: May 06, 2014, 11:42:27 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2014, 08:20:45 AM by NewYorkExpress »

Additional Surrogate Schedules- Hillary Clinton

Senator Jim Jeffords

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Sabattus, Maine

GOTV in Greene, Maine

GOTV in Lisbon, Maine

Raffle of Autographed Stephen King books (Fundraiser) in Lisbon, Maine for Clinton Campaign as well as the campaigns of, Barack Obama, Daniel Hynes, Gery Chico, Denise Majette, Blanche Lincoln, Tony Knowles, Daniel Mongiardo, Chris John, Inez Tannenbaum, Brad Carson, Carroll Fisher, Betty Castor, Peter Deutsch and Alex Penelas) (The Books being Auctioned are autographed copies of The Dead Zone, Cycle of the Werewolf, The Shining, The Green Mile, Pet Sematary, and From a Buick 8

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Mapleton, Maine

GOTV in Blaine, Maine

GOTV in Ashland, Maine

February 7, 2004

Write Op-Ed for Houlton Pioneer Times (To be Published as part of a Sunday "Primary Preview edition" (From Presque Isle Maine)

While, as a Senator from a neighboring state I cannot presume to know what is best for the people of Maine, I can say that without a shadow of a doubt, giving Hillary Clinton the Democratic nomination for President, and then electing her President will give us the best chance at once again having, a reliable competent Government. It's not that Senator Edwards, Senator Biden, Representative Kucinich, Mayor Giuliani, Governor Johnson, or Senator Allen are bad people, it's that they don't have the fortitude to bring a project they start to the finish line. While I can't tell you how to vote, I do hope you'll take my advice to mind, as you vote on Monday.

February 8, 2004

GOTV in Westbrook, Maine
'
GOTV in Franklin, Maine

GOTV in Castine, Maine

Governor John Baldacci

February 4, 2014

GOTV in Bar Harbor, Maine

GOTV in Dedham, Maine

Musical Fundraiser for Barbara Boxer, Betty Castor, Ruth Ann Minner, Claire McKaskill, Joe Kernan, John Lynch, Mike Easley, Merle Boucher, Joe Satrom, Scott Matheson, Christine Gregoire, Ron Sims, Joe Manchin, Tom Allen, Emanuel Cleaver, Brian Higgins, Nick Clooney, Charlie Melancon, Jan Schenider and Diane Farrell. (Performing are Linda Ronstadt, Ann Savoy, Aaron Neville, Michael Bolton, Renee Fleming, Jann Arden, George Michael, Murray Head, Duran Duran and Clay Aiken) in Rockport, Maine.

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Cushing, Maine

GOTV in Frendship, Maine

Fundraiser/Auction of Casper the Friendly Ghost Memorabilia for Hillary Clinton, Tom Allen, Barack Obama, Daniel Hynes, and Gerry Chico. (Auctioneers include Cathy Moriarty, Bill Pullman, Brad Garrett, Dan Akyroyd, Steve Guttenberg, Edie McClurg, Richard Moll, Shelly Duvall, Terry Ann Garr, George Hamilton, David Kaye, Christina Ricci, Sherri Stoner and Brad Silberling)

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Hebron, Maine

GOTV in West Paris Maine

February 7

Be Governor

February 8

GOTV Augusta, Maine

GOTV, Portland, Maine

Senator Harry Reid

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Prescott, Washington

GOTV in Touchet, Washington

GOTV in Dayton, Washington

GOTV in Starbuck, Washington

February 6, 2004

Speech in Gooding, Idaho

I know to many of you out here in Idaho, it feels like February Twenty-Fourth is a world, away... Well in reality, It's only three weeks away, and we have a tied race, between two excellent Senators. Now Hillary Clinton is the better candidate, in this primary, but the point is to elect Democrats in November to the legislature here, to Congress here, to the legislative bodies that comprise your counties. To neglect the upcoming primary, or to make Biden or Edwards the nominee, would be a critical mistake. Hillary Clinton is the candidate that can win in November, and provide the downballot momentum to elect Democrats across Idaho.

Meet voters in Bliss, Idaho

February 7-8 Campaign for re-election/GOTV across Nevada

Senator Debbie Stabenow

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Ironwood, Michigan

GOTV in Bessemer, Michigan

GOTV in Wakefield, Michigan

GOTV in Escanaba, Michigan

GOTV in De Tour Village, Michigan

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Roscommon, Michigan

GOTV in Gladwin, Michigan

GOTV in Marion, Michigan

GOTV in Reed City, Michigan

February 7, 2004

GOTV in Evart, Michigan

GOTV in Grand Rapids, Michigan

GOTV in Ann Arbor, Michigan

February 8, 2004

Be Senator

Rep. John Conyers

February 5, 2004
GOTV in Flint, Michigan

GOTV in Mount Morris, Michigan

GOTV in Burton, Michigan

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Saginaw, Michigan

GOTV in Zilwaukee, Michigan

February 7, 2008

GOTV across Detroit, Michigan

Host pro-Clinton Rally at Compuware Sports Arena, Plymouth Township Michigan (Hillary Clinton is not present at event)

February 8, 2004

GOTV, Memphis Tennessee (All Day)

Governor Christine Gregoire

February 5,8- Run for Election as Governor

February 6, 2004

GOTV, in Fern Hill, Tacoma, Washington

GOTV in Yakima Hill, Tacoma, Washington

February 7, 2004

GOTV in Lake Forest Park, Washington

GOTV in, Renton, Washington

GOTV in Spokane, Washington

Pro-Clinton Rally at Joe Albi Stadium in Spokane, Washington (Without Hillary Clinton)

Former Governor Roy Barnes

February 5, 2004
GOTV in Carthage, Tennessee

GOTV in Carthage, Tennessee

GOTV in Waverley, Tennessee

February 6, 2004

GOTV in McEwen, Tennessee

GOTV in Enville, Tennessee

GOTV in Henderson, Tennessee

February 7, 2004

GOTV across Nashville, Tennessee

GOTV across Memphis, Tennessee

February 8, 2014

GOTV across Knoxville, Tennessee

GOTV across Chattanooga, Tennessee

Lt. Governor Mark Taylor

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Roberta, Georgia

GOTV in Fort Valley, Georgia

GOTV in Warner Robbins, Georgia

February 6,8
Be Lieutenant Governor

February 7, 2004

Guest announcer/referee in game "Exhibition Game" between Harlem Globetrotters and Atlanta Hawks as part of the Governor Sonny Perdue's "Showcasing Georgia Sports series" (Which will include Atlanta Braves baseball orginization playing Nine Selected State Legislators during the Major-League Baseball All-Star Break, and Perdue, personally teeing up at the Par 3 contest at The Masters Tournament at Augusta National Golf Club, with Secretary of State Karen Handel as his caddy).

GOTV in Statesboro,Georgia

GOTV in, Brooklet,, Georgia

Former Lieutenant Governor Pierre Howard

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Augusta, Georgia

GOTV in Swainsboro, Georgia

GOTV in Twin City, Georgia

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Savannah, Georgia

GOTV in Tybee Island, Georgia

GOTV in Pooler, Georgia

February 7, 2004

GOTV in Valdosta, Georgia

GOTV in Hahira, Georgia

GOTV in Chamblee, Georgia

February 8, 2004

GOTV in Panthersville, Georgia

Autographed Sports Memorabilia Fundraiser, in Alpharetta, Georgia (Memorabillia being sold is from Deion Sanders, Larry "Chipper" Jones, Javy Lopez, Greg Maddux, Keith Brooking, Jamal Anderson, Michael Vick, Ellis Johnson, Jay Feely, Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff, Nazr Mohammed, Maurice Cheeks, Toni Kukoc, Dikembe Motumbo, Dominique Wilkins, Hank Aaron, Orlando Cepada, Eddie Matthews, Phil Niekro, Gaylord Perry, Warren Spahn, Bruce Sutter, Vyacheslov Kozlov, Patrik Stefan, Ilya Kovalchuck and Dany Heatley) for the campaigns of Hillary Clinton, Fernando Ferrer, Gifford Miller, (For mayor of New York City) Jerry Sanders (For Mayor of San Diego) Tim Kaine (For Governor of Virginia), Bert Schundler (For Governor of New Jersey) OOC: The Fundraiser and listed endorsements above represent endorsements from Pierre Howard, not from Hillary Clinton

Former Senator Sam Nunn

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Gonzales, Louisiana

GOTV in Sorrento, Louisiana

GOTV in Brusly, Louisiana

GOTV in Port Allen, Louisiana

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Meraux, Louisiana

GOTV in Port Sulphur, Louisiana

GOTV in Maurice, Louisiana

GOTV in Abbeville, Louisiana

February 7, 2004

GOTV, across New Orleans Louisiana

February 8, 2004

Participate in charity poker game/telethon at Paris, Las Vegas (60% of entry money to be donated to Helen Keller International) (With Phil Hellmuth, Jeff Shulman, Huckelberry Seed, Bruce Buffer, Marc Jacobs, Anna Wintour, and Ben Affleck)

Former Senator, Wyche Fowler

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Salt Lake City, Utah

GOTV in Provo, Utah

GOTV in Orem, Utah

February 7, 2004

GOTV, in Boise, Idaho

GOTV in Pocatello, Idaho

GOTV in Idaho Falls, Idaho

February 8, 2004

GOTV in Green Bay, Wisconsin

GOTV in Appleton, Wisconsin

GOTV in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin

GOTV in Oakfield, Wisconsin
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2014, 09:11:40 AM »

Post-Republican Debate Poll

Giuliani Holds Strong, Allen and Johnson Refuse to Back Down

Who Won the Republican Debate?
Rudy Giuliani: 30%
George Allen: 28%
Gary Johnson: 25%
No opinion/undecided: 18%

Mayor Giuliani continues to hold onto his frontrunner status and think about the broader electorate beyond the primary. He stayed above the fray, focusing on the issues and arguing his case of electability. George Allen is positioning himself as the conservative candidate in the race, but one who can unite the party, far better than Rudy Giuliani. Gary Johnson stuck to his guns, continuing to make his case, and like Giuliani appealing to the general electorate. His strong performance proves that he is a still a factor in the race.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2014, 10:15:34 AM »

George Allen for President schedule: February 4th-8th, 2004

"We are facing a threat we haven't really faced before: a threat on our soil. I think we need someone who holds to conviction, who doesn't back down to pressure, and who will stand up for the people of this country. Terror is still out there, Iran is a threat, and we need to make the world a more peaceful place through our strength. I am the kind of President that would assert that strength."

TV ad: Pro-Life

"We need strong leadership, but most importantly, we need a leader who understands the sanctity of life. Hi, I'm George Allen, and I'm the only pro-life candidate running for President. I will protect life wherever it may be. I will fight for the sanctity of marriage, the sanctity of life, and our family values. A vote for me is a vote for all of those beliefs.

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because life is important."

February 4th:
Town Hall in Pullman, Washington
Barnstorming in Spokane, Washington
Meeting with Washington Republican Party
Meet and Greet in Grand Coulee, Washington
Town Hall in Omak, Washington
Meet and Greet in Chelan, Washington
Media Appearances

"I don't think its great for our party that I am the only candidate on the field who is willing to stand up for life. We need more people who are willing to be a crusader on these family values issues because more and more Americans are looking at these issues and saying that they are aligning with our party. I am a tough on crime, pro-family, pro-life Republican and I will not shy away from that label, because that's the label that will allow us to win a general election."

February 5th:
Fundraiser in Seattle, Washington
Barnstorming in Seattle, Washington
Town Hall in Tacoma, Washington
Barnstorming in Olympia, Washington
Meeting with Young Republicans of Washington in Vancover, Washington
Town Hall in White Salmon, Washington

"Real reform for Education starts by giving Education back to the Educators, and most importantly, back to the parents. Ever since the federal government has taken control of education, more and more people are being left behind. Now I like a lot of parts of No Child Left Behind, but the fact is we can reform it, we can make Education more down to the states, and my goal as President of the United States is to make sure parents have every option possible so that this country can move forward!"

February 6th:
Press Conference to receive endorsement from John Engler
Town Hall in Monroe, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Ann Arbor, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Meet and Greet in Livonia, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Lansing, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Meet and Greet in Ionia, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy  Thompson
Meet and Greet in Alma, Michigan with John Engler and Tommy Thompson

"I go around the country saying the same thing I always do, and we get a lot of enthusiasm. We don't need to kowtow our message, because our message is gaining steam across America. We can not afford to be a tax and spend nation anymore, its time for a new revolution of innovation, jobs, and prosperity in this country, and I will not stop until that is accomplished!"

February 7th:
GOTV Sweeping through Southern Michigan with John Engler
GOTV Sweeping through Southern Washington
Strategy Meeting for states further on
Watching Party in Vancover, Washington

February 8th:
Meet and Greet in Beliot, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Madison, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Waukesha, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Miluwakee, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Ford Du Lac, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Green Bay, Wisconsin with Tommy Thompson

Surrogates

Surrogates are being targeted and focused in areas where they can be best used. As you can see, along with focusing on current primaries, there is also a lot of looking toward near future primaries - For example, Mike Castle and Pierre DuPont in D.C., and a lot of southerners focused on the state of Tennessee. Still, a plurality is focused on the upcoming primaries - Michigan and Washington. A couple of surrogates sat out i.e. Oklahomans, but overall, the Allen campaign pushed as many surrogates as possible to show up for this important week in the campaign.

Rick Santorum - Barnstorming in Michigan
Mike Castle - Fundraising in D.C.
Pierre DuPont - Fundraising in D.C.
Dick Armey - Barnstorming in Tennessee
Pat Buchanan - Barnstorming in Washington
Jim Ross Lightfoot- Barnstorming in Michigan
Bob Goodlatte - Fundraising in Virginia
Andy Card - Barnstorming in Washington
Craig Benson - Barnstorming in Maine
John Snow - Barnstorming in Michigan
Lindsey Graham - Barnstorming in Tennessee
Arthur Ravenel - Fundraising in South Carolina
Zell Miller - Barnstorming in Tennessee
Jon Kyl - Barnstorming in Washington
Bill Kristol - Media Appearances
John Engler - Barnstorming in Michigan
Tommy Thompson - Barnstorming in Michigan, Wisconsin
Bill Owens - Barnstorming in Washington
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »

George Allen for President - GOTV Strategy

The Allen campaign has looked at these last two states very seriously in terms of strategy for taking the nomination, and both are extremely necessary. The Allen campaign has focused it's money in both states on rural turnout machines that will push both states levels of turnout to nearly unprecedented levels. The Allen camp continues to push its message of Constructive conservatism, meaning putting forward a strong agenda of ideas, including reforms to education, taxes, and healthcare. As well, on election day, they plan to pay employees double, and make sure every volunteer puts their all into the day. In addition, ads will be running on double time today, making sure everyone knows to get out and vote. Campaign Manager Karen Hughes took to the presses to make sure it's clear --

"This campaign is about putting America first, in job creation, in education, in low taxes, we want to make this country great again. We applaud the Bush agenda, and we are only moving even more in that direction. A lot of Americans see that and it appeals to them, seeing his high approval ratings. These primaries are of particular importance to us, but I think we will manage to win them. Polls have us behind, but we started out at a lowly 10% and now we are one of the top two campaigns left on the field. We are rising slowly, but nevertheless we will be the nominee."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #388 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

Gary Johnson TV and Radio Ad:
To be played in the following states:

A man with conviction, a man who is honest, has integrity, and conviction. As governor of New Mexico he balanced the budget every year. We need a man who knows how to get things done, without sacrificing his conservative principles. As president he will balance the budget, and end frivolous programs that are detrimental to this nation. A man with proven results and conviction, vote for a true conservative, vote for Gary Johnson.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »

Schedule for Hillary Clnton

February 4, 2004

GOTV in Bellevue, Washington

Speech at Safeco Field (With Jay Inslee)

It's been almost ten years since the last strike in MLB, It's been ten years since the last NHL lockout, five years since the last lockout in the NBA, and seventeen years since the last NFL lockout. As President I will instruct the Secretary of Labor appoint dedicated arbitrators, with the skill to handle any kind of dispute within American Sports, whether it be a contract issue, the ramifications of fixing the NBA Draft Lottery, of George Steinbrenner's hiring a hitman to "dig up dirt" on your star outfielder or owners who will not financially support your favorite team. 

Speech at CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Washington (With Jay Inslee)

Our Sporting World is in a crisis right now. There has never been a preponderance of individuals like, Baseball players Barry Bonds and Rafael Palmerio, Sprinter Kelli White, Shot Putter Randy Barnes, Zhanna Block, triple jumper, LaMark Carter, Sprinters Linford Christie and Ben Johnson, Michelle Collins, Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, who seek to illegally use steroids and human growth hormone, to gain a clear-cut competitive edge on the playing field. As President I will push for legislation requiring that all professional sports leagues that do operation in this country, follow World-Anti Doping Agency rules on allowable substances, and on permissible penalties, and I will encourage the Justice Department to take action if necessary to do so. 

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Colfax, Washington

Sppech at Beasley Coliseum, Pullman,Washington

Senator Biden has a new ad out that says when he wins, he won't sleep if there's extreme and dangerous weather throughout the country. Well Joe, I sure hope you're capable of not sleeping for eight years, because between Hurricanes in Miami, and Mobile, Blizzards that cover half the country, flooding on rivers like the Mississippi, Columbia, and Ohio, wildfires in the woods of the west, and drought, there is never a moment when, somewhere in America there is not a weather emergency. 

GOTV in Tekoa, Washington

GOTV in Moscow, Idaho

February 6, 2004

GOTV in Caldwell, Idaho

Speech at Simplot Stadium, Caldwell, Idaho

Given the almost twelve years of vitriol aimed at me from almost everyone in the Republican Party, I'm surprised to even be getting twenty-five percent of the vote in this state in the primary, and I'll be surprised if our nominee gets twenty-five percent of the vote in November. Idaho you've been great!

GOTV in Marquette, Michigan

Speech at the Berry Events Center, Marquette, Michigan

Michigan votes tomorrow, and the latest public polls have us leading Biden and Kucinich by just two! Some of our internals over the past week have shown us leading Kucinich by just three, and Biden by less than a percentage point. Needless to say, we need all of you to vote for Hillary Clinton tomorrow.

February 7, 2004

Press Conference at Great Lakes Maritime Academey (To be followed by GOTV effort)

While today, is primary day in Michigan and Washington, it is also decision day for my campaign staff. Owing to the unexpected length of the campaign, and my desire for new ideas, I have approved a new campaign structure. This was a very difficult decision for me to make, as we had been doing so well to this point, but I feel that it is time to make some changes. I thank the departing staff for their invaluable assistance, without which we never would have gotten this far.

New Clinton staff orginization- Will Start February 11, 2004
Campaign Chair Steve Hildebrand
Chief Strategist David Axelrod
Deputy Strategists Mark Penn, Charlie Cook
Spokespeople David Plouffe, Patti Solis Doyle, Pete Rouse, James Carville
Chief Fundraising planners Sid Blumenthal, Harold Ickes, Evelyn Lieberman, Valerie Jarett, Minyon Moore

GOTV in Ann Arbor, Michigan

Election Night Rally at Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan

February 8, 2004

GOTV in Kennebunkport, Maine

GOTV in Sanford, Maine

GOTV in Biddeford, Maine

GOTV in Orno, Maine

Election Night Rally at Alfond Arena Orno, Maine

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »

Owens Addresses Press After Extended Absence

OWENS: I know the questions you all are asking about me have nothing to do with my politics. I will once again reiterate that the issues that led to my withdrawal are deeply personal and my family appreciates privacy.

But my purpose for speaking today is political. In my hasty withdrawal, I endorsed Senator Allen. While I believe that Senator Allen is a model public servant and a solid conservative, I believe our party must take this opportunity. The Democratic field is an absolute circus and I believe our party ought to unite behind a single nominee as quickly as possible. On the day of this important election, I am asking all of our former supporters to cast their ballot for Mayor Giuliani. I am retracting my endorsement of Senator Allen and publicly backing Mayor Giuliani.

We must be a united party. Thank you.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »

Roll Eyes great, so I'm going to lose like I do every time
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2014, 02:13:32 PM »

To be fair, Owens had 3% of Republicans by the time he departed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #393 on: May 07, 2014, 02:13:47 PM »

Also, NHI, remember the Represent America ballot initiatives.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #394 on: May 07, 2014, 02:19:55 PM »

To be fair, Owens had 3% of Republicans by the time he departed.

It's a spiritual endorsement. Reassures conservatives that Giuliani is one of them.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: May 07, 2014, 03:03:15 PM »

Excerpt from George Allen Radio Interview

"It's interesting that Governor Owens decided to switch his decision. I mean, it's his choice, it's a free country, but what confused me a bit was his reasoning. He said that he wants to unite behind a single nominee as soon as possible. That sort of reasoning always implies that there is a clear frontrunner. Let's be clear: there is no 'clear frontrunner'. Mr. Giuliani and I are within the margin of error. Polls have this race closing up all over the place. I'm in this campaign to win, and I think we are the only campaign organized enough to win. But either way: I'm not happy with the anti-democratic attitude. Let the voters decide this race."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #396 on: May 07, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

Mayor Giuliani welcomes Governor Owens to the Giuliani campaign and gladly accepts his endorsement. It is clear from his endorsement that all factions of the party - conservative, moderate, old, young, male, female - are uniting around the most electable candidate, around the candidate who has the best odds at winning in November. Mayor Giuliani is undoubtedly the front runner of the primary, setting him up for a quick victory and a head-start going into the general election. Governor Owens will be a valued member of the Giuliani Campaign.

Governor Bill Owens will spend the period of February 4th to February 7th campaigning and barnstorming Nevada for the Giuliani campaign. He will spend February 8th leading GOTV efforts in Washington.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #397 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:49 PM »

Reminder This Round will close on Thursday at 12:01 AM EST
Results and next round to be up by tomorrow.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #398 on: May 07, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Feb. 4th:
Kick off campaign tour of Washington with Rally in Seattle
Organize volunteer campaigners
Town Hall and GOTV in Bellevue, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Burien, WA
Campaign Rally and Speech in Renton, WA

I'm in this race to make a difference, I'm not the establishment candidate, I do not represent the status quo, I'm here because we need an effective leader with proven results, AND convictions that they are not willing to give up. I'm that leader, I have proven results as governor of New Mexico, now let me prove it to you as your president.

Feb. 5th:
Town Hall and Rally in Kent, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Federal Way, WA
Interview with local news stations
Campaign Rally and GOTV in Tacoma, WA

Feb. 6th:
Rally and GOTV in Lakewood, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Lacey, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Longview, WA
Rally and Speech in Vancouver, WA

Feb. 7th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm Yakima, WA
Rally and GOTV in Kennewick, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Walla, Walla, WA
Rally and Speech in Spokane, WA

Feb. 8th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Moses Lake, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Wenatchee, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Marysville, WA
Rally and Speech in Everett, WA

Surrogates:

Ron Paul, Clint Eastwood, Jesse Ventura, Larry Pressler, and Buddy Roemer:
Feb 4th-7th: Barnstorming and holding rallies in Washington

William Weld, Warren Rudman, Bob Barr, and Joe Scarborough:
Feb. 4th-7th: Barnstorming and holding rallies in Michigan

Drew Carey, and Paul Craig Roberts:

Feb. 4th: Fundraising
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #399 on: May 07, 2014, 05:58:44 PM »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

Mayor Giuliani doesn't play politics as usual. He's above the partisan fray in Washington and is only focused on one thing: making American the greatest nation to live, work, and raise a family in. He has solid policies at the root of his campaign, not ideological rantings. He has policy makers leading his campaign, not partisan pundits. When it comes to putting together his cabinet, Mayor Giuliani will only appoint the most qualified men and women, not campaign donors and friends. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.

Pro-Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

On September 11th, Rudy Giuliani was tested as a leader. President George Bush relied on Mayor Giuliani to help lead the nation through those dark days. And Mayor Giuliani stepped up to the plate. When have George Allen's abilities to lead been tested? When have Gary Johnson's? The only candidate for President who has proven that they can handle the high-stress job of President is Rudy Giuliani. Paid for by the International Association of Fire Fighters
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies