2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155716 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: May 21, 2014, 08:30:47 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Feb. 18:
Rally and Speech in Boise City, ID
Organize Idaho Volunteers
Town Hall and GOTV in Meridian, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Nampa, ID
Barnstorm Mountain Home, ID

It's a time for choosing Idaho! A man with a plan, or the same-old, same-old! Our time is now, I need your help, together we can win this! My plan is a consistent message of LIVE FREE, no more heavy handed government intervention into our lives! I'm the Washington outsider, the real republican, and the only one who can offer a true alternative to the democratic nominee this November! I'm the one who can win because I speak to the people, not the big money lobbyists! So come this primary day, come out and vote for me, vote for liberty, vote to LIVE FREE! Vote Gary Johnson!

Feb. 19:
Town Hall and GOTV in Jerome, ID
Local News Interview
Rally, Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Twin Falls, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Burley, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV Rupert, ID

Feb. 20:
Rally, Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Pocatello, ID
Interview with FOX News
Barnstorm and GOTV in Chubbuck, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Blackfoot, ID
Rally, Speech and GOTV in Idaho Falls, ID

Hello Idaho! I'm here because the Republican party needs a leader with a backbone! A leader who is in step with the American people! Not someone who has cozies up with the lobbyists and bureaucrats! I real Republican in the White House! Someone who offers a real choice against the democratic candidate, instead of one who agrees with their big government policies! So come with me, I need YOUR help to win, vote for Liberty, vote to LIVE FREE, vote for Gary Johnson!

Feb. 21:
Town Hall and GOTV in Rexburg, ID
Meet and Greet in Dubois, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Salmon, ID
Rally, Town Hall and GOTV in Moscow, ID

Feb. 22:
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Lewiston, ID
Meet and Greet/GOTV in Lapwai, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Grangeville, ID
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in McCall,ID

Feb. 23:
Organize GOTV operations throughout state
Town Hall and GOTV in Weiser, ID
Meet and Greet/Barnstorm and GOTV in Payette, ID
Town Hall and GOTV in Emmett, ID
Rally/Town Hall and GOTV in Caldwell, ID

Feb. 24:
Town Hall and GOTV in Nampa, ID
Rally and GOTV in Meridian, ID
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Eagle, ID
GOTV in Boise City, ID
Victory Speech and Rally in Boise City, ID
Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:
Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming and GOTV in Texas

Governor Jesse Ventura:

Feb. 18-24: Holding Rallies and Barnstorming/GOTV in Minnesota (Campaign Manager for MN)

Governor Buddy Roemer:

Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming and GOTV in Idaho

Rep. Barry Goldwater:

Feb. 18-24: Rallies and Barnstorming/GOTV in Idaho

Clint Eastwood:
Feb. 18-24: Rallies and GOTV in Texas

Rep. Bob Barr:
Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming/GOTV in Idaho

Gov. William Weld:
Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming and GOTV in Minnesota

Drew Carey:

Feb. 18-24: Fundraising and Comedy Tour for Johnson in California

Rep. Joe Scarborough:

Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming/GOTV in Idaho

Paul Craig Roberts:
Feb. 18-24: Fundraising

National Rifle Association and GOA:
Feb. 18-24: Holding Rallies in all future primary states for Johnson

Sen. Dirk Kempthorne:
Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming/GOTV and Rallies in Idaho (Campaign Manager for ID)

Gov. Scott McCallum
Feb. 18-24: Barnstorming/GOTV in Minnesota

Gov. Arne Carlson:
Feb. 18-24: Rallies and Barnstorming/GOTV in Minnesota
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #651 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:13 PM »

OOC: Yes! A re-energized Johnson campaign!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #652 on: May 21, 2014, 09:06:18 PM »

Gary Johnson Ads and Interview:

Radio, TV and Mail Ads to be distributed throughout the following states:

AD 1: A MAN OF THE PEOPLE

Gary Johnson is a president for the people, he is not a Washington insider, he doesn't play with bureaucrats and lobbyists. As president he plans to be leader of the people he represents, you and me. He offers a real choice against every other candidate in this race for president, and is the only one who can differentiate himself from the democrats. No more big money deciding politics, it's time for a man who represents you. Vote Gary Johnson on (insert primary date here). (Approved by Gary Johnson for President

AD 2: A REAL DIFFERENCE

Only one man is different from the rest of the crowd, only one man is ready to take on the democrats in the fall. Gary Johnson is a different candidate, not a big government policy man, or a Republican in Name Only. He is the only one who will bring true Republican ideals and solutions to the White House. Not a political insider, not friend to lobbyists, Gary Johnson the real solution to the democrats this fall.

Interview:

Reporter: Governor Johnson, many Republicans are wary of backing you because they deem you unelectable, and you are often shown at the bottom of General Election polls, how will you win if you are the nominee?

Johnson: Well, the main reason I show up at the bottom of general election polls is because people don't know me, I have a bit of a name recognition problem, but once i am the Republican candidate, that will change. However I believe I am the most electable candidate among the Republicans, as I was elected twice in a swing state that trends democratic, and I offer a real difference to any of the democratic candidates.

Reporter: What are those "real differences?"

Johnson: Well, I actually am different to the democrats, rather than my fellow republican candidates. I don't believe in government fixing the problem, rather as Reagan said, government IS the problem. I offer a plan of freedom and liberty, along with a great reduction in government, and great reform into government waste, and Tax reform. If there was ever anyone who would be a stark difference to the democrats, it would be me.

Reporter: What do you think was your biggest success as governor?

Johnson: That every year we balanced the budget, despite a divided congress, and that New Mexico was the on the very top for creating jobs, I think that with that kind of leadership, and those principles, we can get more people in this country back to work, and get this country's debt brought down.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #653 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:12 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 10:11:44 PM by NHI »

Final Tracking Poll: Republicans

The race in Idaho appears to be tightening between George Allen and Gary Johnson. The GOTV efforts by the Johnson campaign seem to be making the difference, but is it too little to late? The latest polls show Johnson gaining ground on Allen. Giuliani has slipped to a distant third.

Idaho: Tightening Race
George Allen: 40%
Gary Johnson: 34%
Rudy Giuliani: 25%

Final Tracking Poll: Democrats

Polls show a tightening race in Hawaii between Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Clinton, has been the odds on favorite to win Hawaii, having been leading in the state for weeks, but in recent days Biden's campaign has been focusing on wining the contest and the final poll puts them neck and neck.

Hawaii: Tightening Race
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 27%
Dennis Kucinich: 24%
John Edwards: 21%
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #654 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:23 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Statement:

After seeing these upswing in polls, the Johnson campaign would remind all voters in all states that we need you to come out and vote, it's your voice that matters, not the lobbyists or the bureaucrats, you matter! I am here to represent you, not special interest groups. Let's work together, we need leaders in step with the American people, so vote Gary Johnson and LIVE FREE!
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #655 on: May 21, 2014, 10:28:52 PM »

Kucinich GOTV Strategy

This week, the Kucinich campaign is spending a considerable amount of resources in the upcoming primaries. Believing that Kucinich is competitive in all three states, but especially so in Hawaii and Utah, more money has been allocated for advertising and raising awareness through campaign activities. This is part of a grand strategy to focus on smaller states to grab as many delegates as possible over time. GOTV operations have been built up over the weeks and are targeting both rural and urban areas throughout the states in order to maximize possible turnout for Kucinich.

Hawaii is the best opportunity for a victory in the eyes of the campaign, and this is why Kucinich spent the most time there this week. John Waihee, a popular former governor, has been working side by side with the candidate and has been very instrumental in motivating voters and persuading undecideds to come their way, arguing that a President Kucinich will do the most good for the state of Hawaii out of all the candidates. He has been working up the phones in order to bring in as much support as possible and has appeared in fundraisers on behalf of the Congressman. In addition, other surrogates such as Ralph Nader, Howard Dean, and Mike Gravel have been touring the state in support, reaching out to different groups of voters in order to focus on turnout for each of them. It is expected that Kucinich will do very well with groups such as young voters and minorities, so support is being especially drummed up there.

Utah is another state where victory seems quite possible based on the proximity of the candidates in polling. Urban areas such as Salt Lake City have been given special attention, where the most votes are ripe for picking in a state that is notoriously Republican. For both of the mentioned states, there is a heavy emphasis on door-to-door campaigning, making sure that many neighborhoods are contacted and gauging support for the campaign. With Senator Clinton's recent scandal, much attention has been brought to that through campaigning and advertising, which is sure to bring down her immediate support and leave more undecided voters that can potentially sway to Kucinich. The Kucinich campaign has been spinning the situation by heavily criticizing the Clinton campaign for this behavior and has been portraying Congressman Kucinich as the candidate of integrity who has always stood against political corruption. This should make the candidate stand out from the others and lend itself to more voters giving a serious look at him going into voting on the 24th.

Grasroots support has been very important throughout all of this. The campaign has been working side by side with activists vocally supporting Kucinich to motivate voters and to spread awareness of the candidate on issues important to many, such as Iraq, healthcare, and education. Local and statewide groups and coalitions are working with the campaign to conduct large-scale GOTV operations in all the primaries, with Hawaii and Utah considered the most important. In addition, Super Tuesday states such as Ohio, Vermont, and Rhode Island are already seeing massive prep going into the primaries from the campaign and from the grassroots, who want to ensure that Kucinich will remain competitive in the weeks ahead and capture wins in these states and more.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:11 PM »

George Allen Campaign Announcement:

Due to a surge of Gary Johnson, more resources are being dispensed in the state of Idaho. Paid employees are being paid double for their work on primary day, as well as more resources being focused on suburban and urban areas of Idaho, seeing as Giuliani's numbers in the state have all but collapsed.

Senator Mike Crapo has been running around the state, operating the GOTV, but has made enough time to make this statement on a local radio show:

"Idaho voters want a common sense conservative who will change Washington for the better. George Allen puts forward market principles, lower taxation, lower regulation, and smaller government, and he is the candidate for Idaho and for this country. In the words of William Buckley, we want the most conservative candidate who can win, well he's our guy!"

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #657 on: May 21, 2014, 10:48:51 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 10:52:05 PM by MadmanMotley »

Senator Dirk Kempthorne Campaign Schedule (Johnson Surrogate)Sad

Feb. 18:
Rally, and Barnstorm/GOTV in Twin Falls, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Jerome, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Burley, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV Rupert, ID

Feb. 19:

Rally and Barnstorm/GOTV in Pocatello, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Preston, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Blackfoot, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Idaho Falls, ID

Feb. 20:

Rally and GOTV in Rexburg, ID
GOTV and Barnstorm in Dubois, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Salmon, ID
Rally and GOTV in Moscow, ID

Feb. 21:
Barnstorm/GOTV in Lewiston, ID
GOTV in Lapwai, ID
GOTV in Grangeville, ID
Barnstorm/GOTV in McCall,ID

Feb. 22:

GOTV in Weiser, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Payette, ID
GOTV in Emmett, ID
Rally and GOTV in Caldwell, ID

Feb. 23:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Nampa, ID
Rally and GOTV in Meridian, ID
Barnstorm/GOTV in Eagle, ID
Rally and GOTV in Boise City, ID
Speech for Johnson in Boise City, ID

It's our time to shine! We have a candidate that is ready to lead, conservative, and is tested! A man who will shake up the crowd in Washington, and trust me, they need shaken up! Let's work together, we will get Gary Johnson into the White House! He's the only candidate I trust there, so come to the polls tomorrow and vote! Vote for change! Vote for freedom! Vote for Gary Johnson!

Feb. 24:
GOTV and Barnstorm in Hailey, ID
Barnstorm, Rally and GOTV in Jerome, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Twin Falls, ID
GOTV in Burley, ID

Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #658 on: May 21, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Statement

Don't forget to vote on the 24th if you live in Hawaii, Idaho, or Utah. Our campaign has the momentum going into these contests to win, and we'll continue our momentum in Super Tuesday and beyond to capture the nomination! It can't happen without you, though. Vote for the candidate who stands for peace and justice at home and around the world. Prominent progressive voices around the country have voiced support for this campaign as the only one that will bring real change in Washington. Come out in full force and cast your ballots for Dennis Kucinich!

Hello, my fellow Hawaiians, this is your former Governor John Waihee. I'm encouraging all of you to go out and vote for Congressman Kucinich in the primary on the 24th. I'm proudly standing by him and his campaign because he's the one candidate with a perfect record on helping the middle class and practicing good, honest government. If you're tired of how things have been, Congressman Kucinich is your one choice for a different path! He's the voice of the people in this election!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #659 on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 10:59:34 PM by badgate »

Biden GOTV Strategy

Since Feb. 13, the Biden campaign had neighborhood volunteer teams in Boise, Idaho Falls, Nampa, Twin Falls, Pocatello, Moscow, and Coeur d'Alene in Idaho, Ogden, Salt Lake City, Provo, Sandy, and St. George in Utah, and Honolulu, Waipahu, Kaneohe, Wahiawa, Kahului, Lahaina, Kailua Kona, and Hilo in Hawaii.

Each neighborhood team organized phone banks and block walks with an average of 8 volunteers attending and completing each event. Phone banks were held between 6p and 9p on week nights, and block walks were held from 11am to 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Phone banks averaged 875 calls per phone bank, with an average of 13% conversation rate. Block Walks averaged 789 doors knocked, with a 25% conversation rate overall. Phone banks were held to both persuade voters, inform voters of early voting times and provide them with their early voting location, and on Feb. 20-24 encouraging voters to vote on the day of the primary. Block Walks included persuasion conversations, volunteer recruitment, and GOTV efforts mirroring those of the phone banks.

On February 24, volunteers held phone banks across the three states calling registered voters who had voted in previous Democratic primaries, but who had not been reached yet in the campaign. They reported a 21% conversation rate for the overall day. Shifts were 10am-1pm, 1pm-4pm, and 4pm-7pm.

The GOTV targeted those on the voter rolls who had previously voted in a Democratic primary. The effort had volunteers emphasize that they were neighbors with the voters they reached, and share a personal story that explained why they supported Senator Biden. The persuasion tool also had volunteers give a contrast between something Senator Biden had done and a contrasting anecdote about one of his opponents. The main issues pushed were the minimum wage (state-wide), ENDA (urban areas), and highlighting Senator Biden's endorsement from the National Education Association (state-wide).

The Biden campaign has also built up neighborhood volunteer teams in major cities of the top tier Super Tuesday targets, as well as putting field organizers to manage neighborhood volunteer teams in the top tier targets for Super Tuesday: California, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Ohio, Rhode Island, & Vermont. Thanks to the Wisconsin victory, fundraising allowed for the hiring of a few new field organizers. There are currently two field organizers in Hawaii, two in Idaho, and one in Utah. Karen Johanson, who successfully got out the vote for Biden in Wisconsin, has been overseeing the field operations in the Feb. 24 states. There are also four in California, one in Minnesota, two in Ohio, two in Maryland, one in Massachusetts, and one in Rhode Island.

Due to Utah's low number of delegates, in the final days of the primary campaigns the Biden campaign focused on holding Biden's lead in Idaho and overtaking Clinton in Hawaii.

Senator Daniel Inouye became an invaluable resource for the Biden campaign as they sought to win Hawaii. The Senator used his vast knowledge of the Hawaiian political landscape to reach out to voters many Presidential campaigns, according to him, "overlook."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #660 on: May 21, 2014, 10:54:41 PM »

ooc: wow...just got home from a phone bank. Didn't think I'd get that in in time!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #661 on: May 21, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 07:29:30 AM by NHI »

Round:

Democrats:

Hawaii:
√ Joe Biden: 27.4% (20)
Hillary Clinton: 27.0%
Dennis Kucinich: 26.4%
John Edwards: 19.2%

Idaho:
√ Joe Biden: 29.0% (18)
John Edwards: 26.9%
Hillary Clinton: 24.0%
Dennis Kucinich: 20.1%

Utah:
√ Hillary Clinton: 27.3% (8 )
John Edwards: 26.5%
Dennis Kucinich: 24.2%
Joe Biden: 23.0%

John Edwards: 273
Joe Biden: 246
Hillary Clinton: 218
Dennis Kucinich: 153

Hillary Clinton is feeling the pressure from recent attacks by her Democratic opponents, that she saw losses in two of the three states. She narrowly lost Hawaii in an upset to Joe Biden and finished a shocking third in the state of Idaho. Early tracking polls showed Clinton leading in Hawaii and tied in Idaho. She walked away with a narrow in in Utah and collected only 8 delegates. Dennis Kucinich had a strong night as well, finishing second in both Hawaii and Utah The resurgence of John Edwards, who finished third in Idaho and Hawaii.  The results of the night's contests sets up a three-way fight between him Clinton and Biden on Super Tuesday.

Republicans:

Hawaii:
√ Rudy Giuliani: 45% (20)
George Allen: 32%
Gary Johnson: 23%

Idaho:
√ George Allen: 39.1% (18)
Gary Johnson: 38.9%
Rudy Giuliani: 23.2%

Utah:
√ George Allen: 55% (8 )
Rudy Giuliani: 26%
Gary Johnson: 19%

George Allen: 514
Rudy Giuliani: 230
Gary Johnson: 111
Donald Rumsfeld: 61

The Republican race saw George Allen crush Rudy Giuliani in the Utah primaries and in the Idaho caucuses, where Giuliani finished third. Gary Johnson had surprise second place finish in Idaho, upsetting the long time favorite Allen's plan for a blowout. Johnson's success can be attributed to a strong push in the state in the final days and an excellent GOTV effort. Giuliani as expected won Hawaii, but still trailed in overall delegates. (514-230).

As expected the state of the race shift to Super Tuesday, where Giuliani and Allen will battle it out for the Republican nomination. Allen holds the lead in delegates, but national polls put him neck and neck with Giuliani.

Democratic Primary Poll: Pre-Super Tuesday
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 27%
John Edwards: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%

Republican Primary Poll: Pre-Super Tuesday
Rudy Giuliani: 38%
George Allen: 38%
Gary Johnson: 20%

California: 370
Democrats: Tossup

Hillary Clinton: 26%
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%

Republicans: Lean Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 40%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 24%

Connecticut: 49

Dennis Kucinich: 13%

Republicans: Solid Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 50%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Georgia: 69
Democrats: Lean Edwards

John Edwards: 31%
Joe Biden: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 14%

Republicans: Solid Allen
George Allen: 44%
Rudy Giuliani: 27%
Gary Johnson: 20%

Maryland: 39

Joe Biden: 26%
Hillary Clinton: 25%
John Edwards: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%

Republicans: Tossup
Rudy Giuliani: 41%
George Allen: 40%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Massachusetts: 93
Democrats: Lean Biden

Joe Biden: 29%
Hillary Clinton: 23%
John Edwards: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%

Rudy Giuliani: 48%
George Allen: 22%

Minnesota: 72
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 29%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%

Rudy Giuliani: 31%
George Allen: 31%
Gary Johnson: 29%

New York: 236
Democrats: Solid Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 69%
Joe Biden: 9%
John Edwards: 9%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%

Rudy Giuliani: 74%
George Allen: 13%
Gary Johnson: 7%

Ohio: 140

Joe Biden: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%

George Allen: 34%
Rudy Giuliani: 34%
Gary Johnson: 24%

Rhode Island: 21

John Edwards: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
George Allen: 25%
Gary Johnson: 17%

Vermont: 15
Democrats: Solid Kucinich

Dennis Kucinich: 30%
Hillary Clinton: 20%

Gary Johnson: 27%
George Allen: 17%
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #662 on: May 21, 2014, 11:02:44 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Statement:

The Johnson Campaign is requesting a recount in the Idaho Contests.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #663 on: May 21, 2014, 11:05:13 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:
JOHNSON REQUEST RECOUNT IN IDAHO

Results: Before Recount
√ George Allen: 39.1%
Gary Johnson: 38.9%
Rudy Giuliani: 23.2%

RECOUNT TO BEGIN TOMORROW
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #664 on: May 21, 2014, 11:07:23 PM »

If California declined from Solid Giuliani to Lean Giuliani, why did my numbers go down?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #665 on: May 21, 2014, 11:12:11 PM »

If California declined from Solid Giuliani to Lean Giuliani, why did my numbers go down?

Perhaps Johnson's went way up
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #666 on: May 21, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

Johnson has seen a surge.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #667 on: May 21, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »

CNN: Kucinich Considering Third-Party Bid?

Although Congressman Dennis Kucinich is having more success than any pundit anticipated as an insurgent Democratic primary candidate, there are whispers in the political world that the liberal stallion from Ohio may abandon his current party down the road in favor of continuing his presidential campaign in a different venue in the likely scenario that he does not capture the Democratic nomination. "I think he's gotten way in over his head," said Republican strategist Alex Castellanos, "but he doesn't realize that and he might as well continue on with his campaign while it lasts." A possible option for Kucinich is the Green Party, which had consumer advocate Ralph Nader as their presidential nominee in the last election.

Kucinich has given no public indications about expressing interest in abandoning the Democrats, and in an interview where the possibility was raised, the Congressman dismissed it as "unfounded speculation" and "nonsense." Longtime observers of Congressman Kucinich note that he has run as an independent before in statewide politics, so it is not totally out of the question in their view. "If Dennis doesn't see the Democratic nominee as representing some of the most important issues to him, then I think he might actually do it to bring those issues to light," said Bernie Sanders, the independent Congressman from Vermont who is a supporter of Kucinich's campaign.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #668 on: May 22, 2014, 06:58:07 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 07:03:47 AM by NHI »

Round XVI: February 25-March 2: The Fight For Super Tuesday

This Round will last until 5/28/14 and end at 11:59 PM EST

Presidential Primary Debate: Democrats

To Senator Clinton: Senator, your opponents have attacked you recently over your endorsement from Former Ambassador Jon Huntsman, some even calling on you to drop out of the race. How do you respond to this situation and has it damaged your campaign?

To Congressman Kucinich: Congressman, there has been discussion you might consider a third party bid for President on the Green Party Ticket, if you don't win the nomination for the Democratic Party. Can you say right now, that if you don't win you will support whoever the nominee is, or are you serious about considering a third party run?

To Senator Edwards: Senator Edwards, you, are one term Senator. Your likely opponent is either a former Mayor of one of America's largest cities, a former two term governor or a former Governor and current Senator. Question: do you have enough experience to be President of the United States and how do you make the argument that a one term senator is more prepared than either of your three Republican opponents?

To Senator Biden: Senator, according to pundits the problem with the Democratic nomination race is that no one has been able to seal the deal and unite the party. Assuming you win the nomination, can you unite the party and would consider your opponents as a running mate?

To All Candidates: Support for the Iraq War continues to fall. As President what will be your policy for handling the situation?

Presidential Primary Debate: Democrats

Mayor Giuliani: Mr. Mayor, you've come under attack recently over concerns regarding your ability to unite the party if you win the nomination, with some conservatives saying they'll sit home or vote third party if you're nominee. How do you bring both moderate and conservative Republicans together?

Senator Allen: Senator, each you has espoused a platform of limited government and lowering taxes, what are the fundamental difference between you and Governor Johnson and Mayor Giuliani?

Governor Johnson: Governor, coming fresh off your recount win in Idaho, what do you make of the recent groundswell of support for your candidacy, and do you believe it has to do with dissatisfaction over the two other candidates?
Governor Johnson:

To All Candidates: Support for the Iraq War continues to fall. As President what will be your policy for handling the situation?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #669 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »
« Edited: May 24, 2014, 11:38:55 PM by NHI »

RECOUNT: IDAHO

BREAKING NEWS: JOHNSON WINS RECOUNT BY 0.01%

√ JOHNSON WINS IDAHO RECOUNT

Idaho: 100% Reported
√ Gary Johnson: 39.00% (18)
George Allen: 38.99%
Rudy Giuliani: 22.01%

George Allen: 496
Rudy Giuliani: 230
Gary Johnson: 129
Donald Rumsfeld: 61
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #670 on: May 22, 2014, 07:09:13 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 07:29:01 AM by NHI »

Super Tuesday Polls:

California: 370
Dennis Kucinich: 19%

Republicans: Lean Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 38%
George Allen: 30%
Gary Johnson: 25%

Connecticut: 49

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Gary Johnson: 13%

Georgia: 69
Democrats: Lean Edwards
John Edwards: 31%
Joe Biden: 21%

Republicans: Solid Allen
George Allen: 45%
Rudy Giuliani: 25%
Gary Johnson: 21%

Maryland: 39
Joe Biden: 26%
John Edwards: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%

Rudy Giuliani: 41%
George Allen: 41%
Gary Johnson: 14%

Massachusetts: 93
Democrats: Lean Biden
Joe Biden: 29%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
George Allen: 21%

Minnesota: 72
Democrats: Lean Clinton
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%

Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 30%

New York: 236
Democrats: Solid Clinton
Hillary Clinton: 69%
Joe Biden: 9%
John Edwards: 9%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%

Rudy Giuliani: 75%
George Allen: 13%
Gary Johnson: 6%

Ohio: 140
Dennis Kucinich: 23%

George Allen: 34%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 26%

Rhode Island: 21
Dennis Kucinich: 21%

Rudy Giuliani: 52%
George Allen: 25%
Gary Johnson: 16%

Vermont: 15
Democrats: Solid Kucinich
Dennis Kucinich: 30%
Hillary Clinton: 20%

Gary Johnson: 27%
George Allen: 17%
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #671 on: May 22, 2014, 07:11:38 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2014, 02:23:53 PM by dkrolga »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

The Giuliani campaign proudly thanks all those who came out an voted on the 24th, especially those who came out in Hawaii. Many are saying that the loss of Idaho and Utah are a sign of weakness in the campaign, but we are taking it as assign of our strength. Our internal polling showed the Mayor receiving barely 11% of the vote in Idaho and he over performed our own polls by 7%. We see this as a win, especially in a state that we didn't even contest. The Mayor congratulates Senator Allen on his win in Utah and Governor Johnson for his win in Idaho

OOC: I don't understand how Allen is doing do well in Minnesota. I've receive the endorsement of all major Republicans in the state, I've spent extensive time in the state, I've spent a lot of money on the state. Can you explain Allen's 2% lead?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #672 on: May 22, 2014, 07:28:27 AM »

Statemet from the Giuliani Campaign

The Giuliani campaign proudly thanks all those who came out an voted on the 24th, especially all those who came out in Hawai. Many are saying that the loss of Idaho and Utah are a sign of weakness in the campaign, but we are taking it as assign of strength. Our internal polling showed the Mayor recieved barely 11% of the vote in Idaho and he over performed our own polls by 7%. We see this as win, especially in a state that we didn't even contest. The Mayor congratulates Senator Allen on his win in Utah and Governor Johnson for his win in Idaho

OOC: I don't understand how Allen is doing do well in Minnesota. I've receive the endorsement of all major Republicans in the state, I've spent extensive time in the state, I've spent a lot of money on the state. Can you explain Allen's 2% lead?
That should be flipped! Giuliani is the one in the lead, my bad; drafted this one late last night and didn't check it over.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #673 on: May 22, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »

George Allen Debate Responses

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"That's an excellent question, and the fact is, if either of the men with me on the stage today turns out to be the nominee, I would support their efforts, because we are all of the belief that a limited government is a better government. That being said, I believe in limited government, not zero government. I believe in a strong national defense, and that's what I think disqualifies Gary Johnson from leading us in November. Americans may not like every single move we make in Iraq, but they acknowledge that we need to fight terror the best we can, and cuts to the military and intelligence agencies will only hurt us in that fight. I proposed a minimum wage increase, not because I want to be in the spotlight, but because the Republican Party should not be the party of no.

Now to compare myself to Giuliani - I've been proposing bolder cuts. I want to reform social security, so that our children don't have to carry the weight of a large national debt on their shoulders. I want to create a flat tax and reform the tax code, so that you know exactly how much you'll be paying. My plan will work, my plan is revenue neutral, and my plan makes government more efficient, while cutting taxes for a larger portion of Americans. His plan, what little I've heard or seen from it, does not do those things. My time is almost up, so I will say this: I am a common sense conservative, and everything I have proposed follows through from that. Any one of these Republican candidates would make a great leader of this country, but I would make the best because of my record of constructive restraint."

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"The situation in Iraq is something I've been dealing with, and it's been a bit troubling. That being said, we broke it, and now we have to fix it. We can't abandon the mission that we are still in the middle of. We have to put into place a stable, democratic Iraq before we can even think about withdraw of any troops.

That being said, I do support a re-focus of our mission. I still want to focus on Iraq, but we need to also expand our mission to hunt terror. This is an area where I've had some disagreement with the administration as of late: I believe we need to hunt terror wherever it is, and we need to amp up our efforts to hunt Osama Bin Laden and bring down the Taliban. That is where the real mission is, and that is where I will be going, if you choose to elect me President."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #674 on: May 22, 2014, 02:52:21 PM »

Giuliani Debate Answers

Mayor Giuliani: Mr. Mayor, you've come under attack recently over concerns regarding your ability to unite the party if you win the nomination, with some conservatives saying they'll sit home or vote third party if you're nominee. How do you bring both moderate and conservative Republicans together?
- Should I become the nominee, my running mate will be from the more conservative wing of the party. But that shouldn't be an issue. We need to set aside our partisan divisions and focus on winning in November. We all believe in a limited federal government. We all believe in the rights of state governments. We all believe in lower taxes and more personal freedom.  These basic tenants unite us as a party and should be enough to bring all Republicans to the polls.
   Any Republican would want to fight the Democratic nominee. I don't know anyone, who calls themselves a Republican, who would support Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Dennis Kucinich, or John Edwards. The want to protect Republican values, the want to combat liberalism, should be reason enough for Republicans to come out and vote regardless of who the nominee for our party is.

- We must not be swayed by public opinion polls. Presidents have to make tough decisions, and many of them revolve around wars. Although the war may be unpopular, it's goals are admirable. Democracy. Civil rights. Voting rights. It's goals are the ideals upon which America was built. Freedom. Liberty. Equality. As President, I will work with my generals and my cabinet to ensure that these goals are accomplished and these ideals implemented. We cannot cut and dry leave Iraq now, nor will we under a Giuliani Presidency. Any withdrawal will be gradual and well planned out over the course of a year or more.
  Senator Allen said the goal of the War in Iraq is to capture Osama Bin Laden. That's just flat out wrong. Bin Laden is not in Iraq, nor has he ever been. The fact that Senator Allen said that shows that he does not understand the situation in the Middle East correctly. I understand the Middle East, I understand our mission in Iraq, and I understand our mission in Afghanistan. These are separate missions. The goal of the war in Iraq is to institute a stable, democratic government in place of Saddam Hussein. The goal of the War on Terror in Afghanistan is to overthrow the Taliban, create a stable and democratic government, and capture Osama Bin Laden. We must keep these missions separate, the entanglement of the two will surely lead to our downfall.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies