Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 08:58:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 80
Poll
Question: Are you missing Update right now?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Update XV: Stuck Inside of Tulsa with the Oklahoma City Blues Again  (Read 185091 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1225 on: July 09, 2014, 10:09:32 PM »

If Bushie is telling the truth about his weight, his BMI is 45.6...
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1226 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »

Bushie,

(1) We are all aware that no one loses 100 pounds over night. However, YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING YOU'LL LOSE WEIGHT FOR SEVERAL YEARS. AND IN THAT TIME PERIOD, YOU HAVE ACTUALLY GAINED WEIGHT RATHER THAN LOST IT. Don't criticize people for telling you to get your act together ASAP when you're the one who has spent years wasting time and making zero progress towards being in better health.

(2) You are in your 30s. The amount of learned helplessness you exhibit regarding food preparation is disturbing. People have been cooking and baking for thousands of years. People who are illiterate can do it. The mentally handicapped people at the adult activities center I used to volunteer at can do it. There is no reason you can't.

(3) Having a glass of water "now and then" is going to send you to an early grave. You need to stop drinking "pop" as you call it (I know for a fact that no one else in Oklahoma uses that horrid word) altogether because you've shown yourself to be incapable of drinking it in moderation. If you need caffeine, drink coffee. But really, other than that, you should be drinking water.

(4) Get off your fat @$$ and go for a walk. I mean right f***ing now.

(5) If you do not listen to the ugly truths I am telling you, you have maybe thirty years left to live. And the last few of those years will probably be spent bedridden and disabled by diabetes and however many heart attacks and strokes you've had by then. Isn't that sad, Jeff? Absent any tough choices, you are already more than halfway through with your life. There are people in sub-Saharan Africa who will outlive you in spite of facing far more obstacles than you ever have.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1227 on: July 09, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »

For now, I am going to focus primarily on my calorie intake.  I feel at this weight, I need to worry about dropping the weight as healthily as possible.  Calories are the best way to do this.  When I get down to a more manageable weight, I can start focusing on other items such as sodium or carbohydrates.

The good news at my job is I am working upstairs and the only way to get up to my classroom and eventual floor is by taking the stairs.  It will be hard on the knees, but climbing 1 floor of stairs 5 times a day may not be much, but it's better than taking the elevator that many times.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1228 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:36 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2014, 10:23:12 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

If Bushie is telling the truth about his weight, his BMI is 45.6...

My parents' scale has me at 285, where as my home scale has me at 290.  I'm not sure which one to believe, so I'm going with the higher one.

And mind you at home I weigh every morning completely unclothed after a BM.  At my parents', I weigh after a BM with pajama bottoms on.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1229 on: July 09, 2014, 10:17:55 PM »

That's the kind of thing you should've been aware of going in. Oh well.

You guys need to lay off Bushie with the weight. He clearly has an addiction, and berating him isn't going to make things any better. He needs to hit 'rock bottom' to get better.

The problem is "rock bottom" might be too late, it could be death.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1230 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »

For now, I am going to focus primarily on my calorie intake.  I feel at this weight, I need to worry about dropping the weight as healthily as possible.  Calories are the best way to do this.  When I get down to a more manageable weight, I can start focusing on other items such as sodium or carbohydrates.

The good news at my job is I am working upstairs and the only way to get up to my classroom and eventual floor is by taking the stairs.  It will be hard on the knees, but climbing 1 floor of stairs 5 times a day may not be much, but it's better than taking the elevator that many times.

So you are basically going to still eat crap, but less of it?  Is that what you are saying?

Also while taking one flight of stairs give times a day is better than nothing, it won't accomplish much.  What other exercising do you have planned?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1231 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:00 PM »

So you are basically going to still eat crap, but less of it?  Is that what you are saying?

Also while taking one flight of stairs give times a day is better than nothing, it won't accomplish much.  What other exercising do you have planned?

Yes friend, we've been through this time and time again. He will eat one burger instead of two or leave the cheese off his bacon cheeseburgers, or eat less fries or drink 1 soda instead of two and claim victory.

Rinse, repeat, and we'll be at 300 pounds in no time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1232 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:46 PM »

Not saying I'll eat junk. I'll eat healthier meals in the process (which is why I added in as healthily as possible).

I'll start incorporating some walking around my apartment complex.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1233 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:34 PM »

Not saying I'll eat junk. I'll eat healthier meals in the process (which is why I added in as healthily as possible).

Have you done any exercising today?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1234 on: July 09, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

I need to go to bed, folks, so I can get up at 5:30 am and get ready for Day 2 of work.  Good discussion tonight.  Toodles.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1235 on: July 09, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »

Have you done any exercising today?

No, I haven't unfortunately.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1236 on: July 10, 2014, 01:33:51 AM »

I don't normally post in here, but why would a call center job necessitate getting up to get ready at 5:30 AM?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1237 on: July 10, 2014, 03:01:41 AM »

I don't normally post in here, but why would a call center job necessitate getting up to get ready at 5:30 AM?

I'm sure Bible study, overall 'prep' time is involved.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #1238 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:03 AM »

Why do you refuse to cut pop from your diet?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1239 on: July 10, 2014, 06:33:42 AM »

Bushie, seriously, I don't blame you for your wealth, because that is unfortunately your addiction, and that is really difficuly to fight an addiction.

I don't know if you remember my earlier posts about your weights, but why don't you try to seek help from individuals for your weight???

Why not a regime camp? Why not starting a diet at the same time with Alison? Why not seeing often an adviser for your diet?

You want to lose weight, that's a good point. But I hope you realize you need help for this purpose.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1240 on: July 10, 2014, 06:44:57 AM »

It's just water weight for now, but it's a result of watching my calories the past two days, but my scale shows 289 this morning which is 2 pounds lower than it was Tuesday.  Again, I'm not looking for congrats here, but I can't be anything but happy with even water weight coming down.  As long as the scale continues to drop, I'll be happy.  I plan to watch it again today, so when I post my weight in the morning, it will be 288.  That's my goal for tomorrow.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1241 on: July 10, 2014, 06:49:43 AM »

You need to stop looking at the scale every single day (or even more frequently) and trying to find reasons for why it may have gone up or down 0.4 pounds. Certain fluctuations are entirely random, and assigning a meaning to them serves no purpose.

As everyone else has said, any serious attempt at meaningful weight loss needs to happen through a lifestyle change. Eating frozen burritos instead of bacon double cheeseburgers (without the chesse, though!) isn't going to get you far. Nor will climbing a flight of stairs twice a day to get you to the seat where you'll be spending your entire work day.

I know you're going to respond that every little bit helps as a start....and while that isn't incorrect in itself, we've heard it a dozen times before.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1242 on: July 10, 2014, 06:50:21 AM »

It's just water weight for now, but it's a result of watching my calories the past two days, but my scale shows 289 this morning which is 2 pounds lower than it was Tuesday.  Again, I'm not looking for congrats here, but I can't be anything but happy with even water weight coming down.  As long as the scale continues to drop, I'll be happy.  I plan to watch it again today, so when I post my weight in the morning, it will be 288.  That's my goal for tomorrow.

Congrats, Bushie.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1243 on: July 10, 2014, 10:53:54 AM »

I'm kind of okay to be returning to the daily weight reports. It is throwback Thursday after all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1244 on: July 10, 2014, 12:27:55 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2014, 12:34:26 PM by Lankford for US Senate 2014 »

My trainer had a meeting he had to attend so he gave us a 90 minute lunch.  I decided to take advantage and have a big lunch (Braum's), so a light dinner will be on the menu tonight.  I may just have a couple packages of Ramen Noodles.  I am running short on calories remaining, so I need to conserve.  I'm already kicking myself for having Braum's, but the best way to salvage the day is eating small tonight.

Scratch it:  myfitnesspal app shows I can only have 1 package of Ramen Noodles, not two.  My calorie goal is 2,300 and I have 460 left.  1 block is 380 calories.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1245 on: July 10, 2014, 12:29:26 PM »

See, it's an addiction. No need to harp on his weight anymore.

What did you have at Braum's?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1246 on: July 10, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »

Ah, but you can't change the past, you can only focus on doing it better next time...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1247 on: July 10, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »

You don't wanna know...  I burned almost 1,500 calories...  The only consolation (and it's a pitiful consolation) is I got a Diet Dr Pepper instead of regular.  I think I probably saved 500 calories doing that taking into account the refill I got before I left the store.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1248 on: July 10, 2014, 12:39:03 PM »

You don't wanna know...  I burned almost 1,500 calories...  The only consolation (and it's a pitiful consolation) is I got a Diet Dr Pepper instead of regular.  I think I probably saved 500 calories doing that taking into account the refill I got before I left the store.

I do want to know! I don't care about your weight. I know you aren't going to lose any and will not harp on you over it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1249 on: July 10, 2014, 12:39:12 PM »

My trainer had a meeting he had to attend so he gave us a 90 minute lunch.  I decided to take advantage and have a big lunch (Braum's), so a light dinner will be on the menu tonight.  I may just have a couple packages of Ramen Noodles.  I am running short on calories remaining, so I need to conserve.  I'm already kicking myself for having Braum's, but the best way to salvage the day is eating small tonight.

Scratch it:  myfitnesspal app shows I can only have 1 package of Ramen Noodles, not two.  My calorie goal is 2,300 and I have 460 left.  1 block is 380 calories.

RIP BUSHIE.......the track you're on is a fast one.....make amends to everyone, tell Jesus we said hi.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies