PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 09:52:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 328901 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: August 06, 2004, 01:54:46 AM »

Considering the pitfalls of the Bush Administration, I do not feel any candidate echoing them regardless of their views on Section 8 housing can sway my vote.

Let me say that though Brown supports President Bush in areas, she does not echo anyone. She is her own voice. If you won't support Brown, fine but don't accuse her of just an echo. She has strong beliefs and she will voice what she believes.

Oh, Brown supports President Bush IN THE MAJOR AREAS!  

Ok? Does that mean she will echo everything President Bush says? No. What if I turned around and said Schwartz supports John Street in major areas and that makes her an "echo." Oh no then it wouldn't be fair, right Handzus?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #351 on: August 06, 2004, 02:08:18 AM »

You really haven't a Goddamn clue do you?  You don't think anti-abortionism is horribly skewed against the poor and working class considering the economic factors I have listed above.  You are so vain and naive as to think the life of an unborn baby comes before that of a functioning human being.  You really have no clue as to what the average person around you goes through.  OK, you may be in one of those "Leave It To Beaver" type families where you're told "work hard, go to school, save money, raise a family."  Those are good values one should attain for and I'll agree with you.  However, the picture isn't always so rosy and you fail to realize that bigtime.  Like I said, it was A LOT easier to start a family at 19 years of age in the 1940s then it is today.  I feel there should be no law that should hinder the development of an EXISTING human being.  Overturning Roe v. Wade does just that.  It essentially forces a 16 year old girl, in many cases, to give up any chance at her future.  I feel there are a lot of gray areas here you are failing to  realize.  I don't like abortion either, but whatever the case many be, I can not be responsible for hindering it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #352 on: August 06, 2004, 02:23:34 AM »

You really haven't a Goddamn clue do you?  You don't think anti-abortionism is horribly skewed against the poor and working class

When a baby is aborted, Handzus, it doesn't matter if it's coming from a poor mother or a working class mother or a middle class mother or a wealthy mother. Maybe YOU haven't a clue.  If someone WILLINGLY gets pregnant, they are RESPONSIBLE for that life. Remember that Handzus, it's a LIFE.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #353 on: August 06, 2004, 02:33:56 AM »

You really haven't a Goddamn clue do you?  You don't think anti-abortionism is horribly skewed against the poor and working class

When a baby is aborted, Handzus, it doesn't matter if it's coming from a poor mother or a working class mother or a middle class mother or a wealthy mother. Maybe YOU haven't a clue.  If someone WILLINGLY gets pregnant, they are RESPONSIBLE for that life. Remember that Handzus, it's a LIFE.

Well maybe there are times a baby is better aborted (in the early stages of course).  The problem with you is you think within this little world of the white neighbood with a huge parish church in the middle.  Guess what, those days are coming to close buddy!  The reason Northeast Philly has an immodicum of conservatism is because these 50-60 something white men who were probably once Democrats are secure in their fixed pension from the FOP or wherever and think it's ok to now worry about a black person moving on their block or yes, abortion.  Some of these men are PETRIFIED of their precious white Catholic neighborhood turning black.  I feel many of these men must have forgot what it was like 30 years ago when they too were worried about getting drafted and not being able to find work.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #354 on: August 06, 2004, 02:39:02 AM »

Well maybe there are times a baby is better aborted (in the early stages of course).  The problem with you is you think within this little world of the white neighbood with a huge parish church in the middle.  Guess what, those days are coming to close buddy!  The reason Northeast Philly has an immodicum of conservatism is because these 50-60 something white men who were probably once Democrats are secure in their fixed pension from the FOP or wherever and think it's ok to now worry about a black person moving on their block or yes, abortion.  Some of these men are PETRIFIED of their precious white Catholic neighborhood turning black.  I feel many of these men must have forgot what it was like 30 years ago when they too were worried about getting drafted and not being able to find work.  

If you want to turn this into your Northeast Philly white Catholic males between the ages of 50-60 are racists  then I will not continue this conversation. That's what you and your pals like to turn to when you don't have a good arguement and I don't want to hear it anymore.

And let me tell you this...I don't think that NE Philly is one giant white neighborhood with a Catholic parish in the middle. Your stereotyping is getting old, Handzus. Find some arguements instead of the same old garbage you like to throw out there.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #355 on: August 06, 2004, 02:44:27 AM »
« Edited: August 06, 2004, 02:44:56 AM by Keystone Phil »

...and with my last post, PA13 thread is now #10 on the "Most replies" list.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #356 on: August 06, 2004, 02:48:18 AM »

First of all, I never said ALL, I know many who are as liberal as myself even more so.  I still feel that my assesment is fairly accurate.  There are a lot of previous Democrats that jumped on the GOP's bait in Northeast Philadelphia.  Do I not have an argument here?  Issues such as jobs and health care affect these people very little because they have it.  You have proven this point of mine in previous posts by saying hwo Section 8 and yes Medical Malpractice are teh end all be all of issues.  These are mere auxiliary issues the GOP in general just LOVE to bring to the forefront on their debates.  Yes issues such as Section 8 affect paying homeowners nearby, but compared to the job PAYING that mortgage, Section 8 is a mere pittance and the GOP knows it so they try to appeal to people on certain issues because they know their arguments are going to hold little water.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #357 on: August 06, 2004, 02:54:31 AM »

You have proven this point of mine in previous posts by saying hwo Section 8 and yes Medical Malpractice are teh end all be all of issues.  

They are not the only issues. Brown is focusing on Section 8 reform, medical malpractice reform.. (which you still refuse to admit are two major issues here in PA 13. But that's ok. When the morning after the election roles around you'll see what is important to the voters)..tort reform, job creation, homeland security...her campaign is not just focused on Section 8, Handzus. You obviously don't know much about her candidacy if you think she is only stressing Section 8 reform.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #358 on: August 06, 2004, 03:02:04 AM »

You have proven this point of mine in previous posts by saying hwo Section 8 and yes Medical Malpractice are teh end all be all of issues.  

They are not the only issues. Brown is focusing on Section 8 reform, medical malpractice reform.. (which you still refuse to admit are two major issues here in PA 13. But that's ok. When the morning after the election roles around you'll see what is important to the voters)..tort reform, job creation, homeland security...her campaign is not just focused on Section 8, Handzus. You obviously don't know much about her candidacy if you think she is only stressing Section 8 reform.

OK, tort reform is the same as medical malpractice.  As for the latter issues, Allyson Schwartz has MUCH more detailed and concise opinions on them as well.  Melissa Brown's statement on job creation was merely Bush's tax cuts were helpgul which IMO is false.  THAT WAS IT!!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #359 on: August 06, 2004, 10:29:10 AM »

Melissa Brown's statement on job creation was merely Bush's tax cuts were helpgul which IMO is false.  THAT WAS IT!!

Really? Well you continue to prove to me that you know nothing about the candidate. Read this Handzus, and then tell me all she mentions are Bush's tax cuts... http://www.melissabrownforcongress.com/issues/jobs.htm
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #360 on: August 06, 2004, 12:28:20 PM »

Melissa Brown's statement on job creation was merely Bush's tax cuts were helpgul which IMO is false.  THAT WAS IT!!

Really? Well you continue to prove to me that you know nothing about the candidate. Read this Handzus, and then tell me all she mentions are Bush's tax cuts... http://www.melissabrownforcongress.com/issues/jobs.htm

Never mind.  However, I will still go with the fact she does not even come close to Allyson Schwartz's positions.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #361 on: August 06, 2004, 12:50:22 PM »

Where is this list located?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #362 on: August 06, 2004, 12:55:06 PM »

Where is this list located?

Now PA 13 is #9! Smiley  https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=;action=stats
Demoteen04
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #363 on: August 06, 2004, 02:51:45 PM »

Phil get back on the subject PLEASE
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #364 on: August 06, 2004, 03:20:09 PM »

Phil get back on the subject PLEASE

Umm Demotroll, just because I brought up alittle side note and someone asked me about it doesn't mean I am off topic totally. And really, you shouldn't talk, when you have change the subject time and time again while on this thread.

Also, your last post was really pointless. If you don't have anything to say, why are you posting? If you wanted to post a point of yours, then go ahead. No need to tell me to get back on subject when I was answering someone's question.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #365 on: August 06, 2004, 07:26:43 PM »

Cool, I never saw that page before.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #366 on: August 07, 2004, 04:27:35 PM »

Melissa Brown for congress..... Stop section 8 housing vote melissa brown for congress heheh.... the only issue she uses because it can help her win her race against the nice and intellectual Allyson Schwartz. Allyson Schwartz for congress.... Affordable Prescription Drugs for ALL....... Your choice who is the better candidate. Melissa needs to stop verbally attacking her candidates. People are picking up on it Joe Hoeffel, Ellen Bard, and now Allyson Schwartz am I the only one seeing this pattern. I highly doubt it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #367 on: August 07, 2004, 05:24:27 PM »

Melissa Brown for congress..... Stop section 8 housing vote melissa brown for congress heheh.... the only issue she uses because it can help her win her race against the nice and intellectual Allyson Schwartz. Allyson Schwartz for congress.... Affordable Prescription Drugs for ALL....... Your choice who is the better candidate. Melissa needs to stop verbally attacking her candidates. People are picking up on it Joe Hoeffel, Ellen Bard, and now Allyson Schwartz am I the only one seeing this pattern. I highly doubt it.

You really don't want to admit that Section 8 is NOT the only issue Brown is bringing up. Jobs, homeland security, medical malpractice...you really need to realize that she is discussing all types of issues while Schwartz ignores what is important. AND Brown is not verbally attacking Schwartz. I have never see that happen, Demotroll, and I bet you didn't either.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #368 on: August 07, 2004, 06:37:46 PM »

You really don't want to admit that Section 8 is NOT the only issue Brown is bringing up. Jobs, homeland security, medical malpractice...you really need to realize that she is discussing all types of issues while Schwartz ignores what is important. AND Brown is not verbally attacking Schwartz. I have never see that happen, Demotroll, and I bet you didn't either.

Well she did to Joe Hoeffel and Ellen Bard.  Jobs??? HA!  What lot of jobs at Wal-Mart that pay $6/hr. with no benefits!! Come on here.  She thinks that tax breaks for the wealthy create jobs.  Trickle down economics does not work son.  
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #369 on: August 07, 2004, 07:05:12 PM »

Well she did to Joe Hoeffel and Ellen Bard.  Jobs??? HA!  What lot of jobs at Wal-Mart that pay $6/hr. with no benefits!! Come on here.  She thinks that tax breaks for the wealthy create jobs.  Trickle down economics does not work son.  

Hey want to know what really doesn't work? Not addressing the issues that matter to voters. You might not like to admit it Handzus but Section 8 reform DOES matter here. And Demotroll has admitted that Schwartz refuses to discuss it. Now is that what the voters want, Handzus? I don't think so.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2004, 03:10:35 AM »

Dude, how freaking vain are you?  Jobs, PLEASE!  Melissa Brown unabashedly supports this boneheaded adminstration along with the pricks in the House and Senate that go along with it.  People in both Northeast Phialdelphia and Montogomery Co. voted Hoeffel in 2002 and what makes 2004 is any different?  You have yet to answer that.  I knwo Section 8 is an issue, but not of Congressional importance.  You have no clue do you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2004, 10:35:41 AM »

People in both Northeast Phialdelphia and Montogomery Co. voted Hoeffel in 2002 and what makes 2004 is any different?  

I have no clue? Or do you just refuse to admit your candidate will lose this election? It's Brown vs. Schwartz, not Hoeffel vs. Brown again. THAT is the difference this election (did you not realize that little detail yet, Handzus?). Your candidate is even further left than Hoeffel and people aren't going to accept her positions.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #372 on: August 08, 2004, 11:37:15 AM »

Hey Phil, I think people will elect Allyson Schwartz in November because she has done a lot for her district as state senator and it will carry onto Congress. I think she has the right stuff to get Affordable Prescription Drugs for all and Jobs with good benefits in NE Philly and Mont Co. The kind of stuff Melissa Brown doesn't have.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #373 on: August 08, 2004, 11:43:59 AM »

Hey Phil, I think people will elect Allyson Schwartz in November because she has done a lot for her district as state senator and it will carry onto Congress. I think she has the right stuff to get Affordable Prescription Drugs for all and Jobs with good benefits in NE Philly and Mont Co. The kind of stuff Melissa Brown doesn't have.

Well where is Schwartz's experience as a doctor, Mark? Or as small buisness owner? Brown has experience on issues like job creation and medical malpractice and prescription drugs. Voters will realize Schwartz's time as a State Senator...out of the PA 13 district! Brown has lived here much of life and has raised her family here. Her experience with this district is better than any other candidate. The people know and like her.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #374 on: August 08, 2004, 11:52:20 AM »

Okay, The people of PA 13  do not know Melissa Brown because she lived in that district, I am not saying Allyson Schwartz people know, but people in PA 13 have heard of Allyson Because of her State Senate seat. Melissa has never held a political office. Allyson has a big issue about Affordable Prescription drugs for all and this is a big issue she doesnt need to be a doctor to get this issue up in Congress. Malpractice reform is a state issue not an issue for congress. My heart doctor for all my life moved to California where it would be cheaper for him to practice medicine. I can't see how that would be an issue for congress when other states aren't having the same problem PA is having.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies