PA 13
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 03:48:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  PA 13
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68
Author Topic: PA 13  (Read 329339 times)
Demoteen04
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2004, 11:55:20 AM »

Job creation is something Allyson is well known for in her state senate district 4 Allyson created many jobs and was know for that. Just because Melissa owned a small business doesnt mean she knows how to get large businesses to creat jobs.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2004, 11:56:16 AM »
« Edited: August 08, 2004, 11:56:34 AM by Keystone Phil »

Okay, The people of PA 13  do not know Melissa Brown because she lived in that district, I am not saying Allyson Schwartz people know

Ok well that line just made no sense at all. Not surprising though...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Being a doctor gives Melissa a lot of experience on the issue.

Congress has nothing to do with medical malpratice issues? I won't even respond to that its so ridiculous...
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #377 on: August 09, 2004, 02:40:43 AM »

Hey Phil, I think people will elect Allyson Schwartz in November because she has done a lot for her district as state senator and it will carry onto Congress. I think she has the right stuff to get Affordable Prescription Drugs for all and Jobs with good benefits in NE Philly and Mont Co. The kind of stuff Melissa Brown doesn't have.

Or as small buisness owner? Brown has experience on issues like job creation and medical malpractice and prescription drugs.

If I'm not mistaken didn't she bankrupt that business?  You know the insurance company she formed with her husband.  Yeah, people in the 13th District really buy into Enron Economics.  Like hell I'll vote for another example of it on my watch.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #378 on: August 09, 2004, 02:48:27 AM »

I would also like to point out a few local GOP's "race baiting" games.  All of these candidates currently running for the US House have made such statements that have directly mentioned race or insinuated it:

PA-1:  Deborah Williams regarding Bob Brady.  "Unions are for white people."

PA-2:  Stewart Bolno (a white male)-  African Americans should ignore the "white liberals" because they use them.

PA-13:  Melissa Brown...  Basically insinutaes racial fear in trying to get her vote.  Unlike the first two clowns, she's actually playing to whiteness to vote GOP.

This is really interesting stuff.  It's amazing they can not stand toe to toe with the Democrats on real issues instead these @sswipes use the race card to further their agenda.  
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #379 on: August 09, 2004, 02:04:22 PM »

Hey Handzus that is pretty neat how you put these three races together and shown  how they use the race card to win their election.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2004, 02:08:46 PM »

Hey Handzus that is pretty neat how you put these three races together and shown  how they use the race card to win their election.

Come to think of it, it's really sad how they try to win elections using these tactics because they have little else to rely on.  PA-1 and PA-2 are locks for the Democrats regardless, but if PA-13 goes GOP, it will be because of race and people know it.  Ellen Bard would have been the GOP's best chance.  People out in Montgomery who voted Bard want nothing to do with Brown and Bard is not endorsing her, yet Torsella is endorsing Schwartz.  I hope Torsella unifies the Democrats and tells his supporters from Northeast Philly to vote Schwartz.  I'm on AIM btw.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2004, 11:07:43 PM »

Haha! Philadelphia Dems saying the GOP is using the race card...wow that's a good one..
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2004, 11:09:55 PM »

but if PA-13 goes GOP, it will be because of race and people know it.

No this isn't about race and the people are getting tired of your party playing the race card.

You must be joking. She would have been the weakest possible candidate and it's funny...I remember you first saying that the GOP nominated the strongest candidate when we chose Brown. Change your mind so quickly, Handzus?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2004, 11:37:26 PM »

Hey Phil, I think people will elect Allyson Schwartz in November because she has done a lot for her district as state senator and it will carry onto Congress. I think she has the right stuff to get Affordable Prescription Drugs for all and Jobs with good benefits in NE Philly and Mont Co. The kind of stuff Melissa Brown doesn't have.

Or as small buisness owner? Brown has experience on issues like job creation and medical malpractice and prescription drugs.

If I'm not mistaken didn't she bankrupt that business?  You know the insurance company she formed with her husband.  Yeah, people in the 13th District really buy into Enron Economics.  Like hell I'll vote for another example of it on my watch.

I don't know if it went bankrupt but I do know this....comparing Brown's buisness to Enron is another one of the many ridiculous things you say. If you don't even know if the buisness went bankrupt, why would you say it's Enron economics?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2004, 01:18:29 AM »

You're so touting how Melissa Brown is a business owner, yet she ran a business into bankruptcy just like Bush did 4 times and Enron.  Is this something I'm supposed to buy? Hardly!  

I'll admit I have changed my postion on Bard or Brown being the best because Bard would practically lock Montgomery County and siphon the Northeast Philly GOP.  Brown is NOT getting overwhelming support from the GOP in Montgomery County.  She definitely needs NE Philadelphia Dems to win and considering the state of the economy, she'll only get a few of those coupled with the fact Joe Torsella has pushed for Schwartz.  Same can't be said for Bard supporters and Brown.  The primary in Montgomery County caused too much bad blood within the GOP plus the fact that Bob Asher, a convicted felon and known in Montco, is backing Brown.  The only fortunate thing for Brown is she can put it past her in the Northeast.  Unfortunately, Brown will get no more than 50% here because there are just too many people that outright fear the national (were not talking about Perzel and Taylor here) Republican party in Philadelphia, especially the New Deal seniors and you know there are many of them.  There are also many trades union people that are anti-GOP as well.  Where Brown's support is going to come from are the NE residents and their spouses of the FOP.  Despite their endorsement, many white cops go GOP anyway, but even that maybe questionable due to other economic factors as well.      

As for the race card, yes I'll admit Street used it and I didn't vote for him as a result.  I will own up to our bad apples in our tent when need be.  The question is will you?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #385 on: August 10, 2004, 01:26:47 AM »

You're so touting how Melissa Brown is a business owner, yet she ran a business into bankruptcy just like Bush did 4 times and Enron.  Is this something I'm supposed to buy? Hardly!  

If you don't know if her buisness went bankrupt, why would you compare her buisness to Enron? My point is, don't say it if you don't even know if she went bankrupt! Plus, IF her buisness went bankrupt, it would not be an Enron type bankruptcy and you know that.

My candidate is not playing the race card with this issue. In 2002, the Dems actually did. Labeling her a "racist" for bringing up an issue that the people want discussed! Demotroll has stated before that Schwartz refuses to mention Section 8 reform. How come, Handzus? Why isn't she discussing this important issue? You get to decide what is important in your eyes but you don't get to decide what is important in the eyes of other voters, Handzus. So aside from the point that you don't think this is as important, what would you say to the majority of votes that DO see it as a crucial issue? And why isn't Schwartz discussing this?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2004, 01:38:59 AM »

If you don't know if her buisness went bankrupt, why would you compare her buisness to Enron? My point is, don't say it if you don't even know if she went bankrupt! Plus, IF her buisness went bankrupt, it would not be an Enron type bankruptcy and you know that.

My candidate is not playing the race card with this issue. In 2002, the Dems actually did. Labeling her a "racist" for bringing up an issue that the people want discussed! Demotroll has stated before that Schwartz refuses to mention Section 8 reform. How come, Handzus? Why isn't she discussing this important issue? You get to decide what is important in your eyes but you don't get to decide what is important in the eyes of other voters, Handzus. So aside from the point that you don't think this is as important, what would you say to the majority of votes that DO see it as a crucial issue? And why isn't Schwartz discussing this?

Melissa Brown did more that just "bring up" Section 8.  And yes she insinuated the race card very much so in 2002.  She falsely said Hoeffel was endorsed by Al Sharpton, sent out campaign literature showing a picture of Hoeffel with Street, and said a vote for Hoeffel will drive down property values and make Section 8 run rampant in Northeast Philly.  She may have not directly mentioned race, but her objective was to stir racial fears and you know it.  Like I have said before, Hoeffel along with Jon Saidel, pushed for a mortatorium on Section 8.  Above Cottman Ave., there has been little problems and housing prices have skyrocketed.  Most of the problems associated with Section 8 are in Bob Brady's part of the Northeast in places such as Juniata, Frankford, Summerdale, Olney, Feltonville, and Kensington where the damage has been done 10-20 years ago when no one could foresee it.  I'm sure my friends, neighbors and relatives have been more effected by it than you, yet I'm not wooing Melissa Brown so quickly and I know others aren't.  Yeah, Hoeffel won the Northeast and if Brown wants to bring sh**t like she did in 2002, she'll get laughed out.  Her gameplan is known and Schwartz has millions to attack it.        
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2004, 01:47:26 AM »

Melissa Brown did more that just "bring up" Section 8.  And yes she insinuated the race card very much so in 2002.  She falsely said Hoeffel was endorsed by Al Sharpton, sent out campaign literature showing a picture of Hoeffel with Street, and said a vote for Hoeffel will drive down property values and make Section 8 run rampant in Northeast Philly.

That lit was not sponsored by Brown's campaign. How funny how you decided to leave that out, Handzus.

Hoeffel has not done nearly as much as Brown can do. And Handzus, wait a minute...I thought you said a member of Congress can't do that much on this issue. If Hoeffel was able to push for a mortatorium, Brown will be able to seek more reform. That's obviously what people want here and you still have not accepted that.

The people of the Northeast know which candidate is actually ADDRESSING the issues important to them. Brown will do a lot better here than she did in 2002. The voters know her a lot better and will definetley like her a lot better. I can't wait till her and Schwartz have a debate.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2004, 02:04:50 AM »

What more can Brown do regarding Section 8 other than eliminating it?  Please enlighten me.  I think after the crap Bush has pulled, people are A LOT more privvy to other issues than they were in 2002 and still Brown lost, though narrowly.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2004, 09:23:33 AM »

What more can Brown do regarding Section 8 other than eliminating it?  

A lot more than what is being done now....

http://www.melissabrownforcongress.com/issues/Section%208.htm

You and I both know that more reform is needed and can be achieved. You just don't want to give Brown credit. Once Hoeffel is able to do something it's great and wonderful but if Brown were to get to Congress it's the same old   Oh she can't do anything about it line from you.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #390 on: August 10, 2004, 12:39:53 PM »

You and I both know that more reform is needed and can be achieved. You just don't want to give Brown credit. Once Hoeffel is able to do something it's great and wonderful but if Brown were to get to Congress it's the same old   Oh she can't do anything about it line from you.

I think you're prioritizing one issue too much and giving Brown too much credit on one issue.  In fact, it was Jonathan Saidel who pushed harder for the mortatorium.  It's the city government that's responsible for the distribution and policing of Section 8 housing, not the feds.  All the federal government does is provide the funding for these programs.  You are failing to realize an awful lot here.  Most of the Northeast below Cottman Ave. is toast anyway regardless of who gets elected adn you knwo what I don't think it would matter above Cottman Ave either.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #391 on: August 10, 2004, 12:45:02 PM »

I think you're prioritizing one issue too much and giving Brown too much credit on one issue.

I'm not focusing on just one issue and neither is Brown. But when it comes to Section 8, I'm giving Brown all the credit she deserves. Not only is she offering her solution to the problem, she is actually addressing it. And then there is Schwartz who won't even talk about it. I understand that we have different opinions on this but wouldn't you agree that not talking about it when its a big issue is not wise?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #392 on: August 10, 2004, 12:46:50 PM »

I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are merely "talking" about something.  I'm just saying Schwartz's plan holds a heck of  alot more water than Brown's plans.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #393 on: August 10, 2004, 12:48:40 PM »

I'm not going to vote for someone just because they are merely "talking" about something.  

She's not just talking Handzus. Like I said, she is putting out a plan. The point I'm trying to make is that Brown is discussing an issue that the voters really do care about while Schwartz has been ignoring it.
Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #394 on: August 10, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »

Yo dude your a such a geek ok listen to what me and handzus have been trying to tell you for like centuries. Melissa is using Section 8 because its gets people scared this is called a scare tactic something Allyson is not doing because she wants to win her race fairly and civily unlike Melissa Brown so stop saying allyson ignores the issue when shes brought it up numerous times but she doesnt press on the issue like melissa brown does because it doesnt matter anymore considering since 2002 no new applicants have been approve. So why is your candidate babbling on with other Republican candidates about section 8 reform. It doesnt make any sense.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #395 on: August 10, 2004, 08:30:34 PM »

Yo dude your a such a geek ok listen to what me and handzus have been trying to tell you for like centuries.

Haha..being called a geek from Demotroll. This is good..

wow what a long sentence. Anyway, Brown is pressing the issue because the voters WANT it discussed and WANT the problem solved. Your candidate won't talk about it while it is very important to the voters here.

Uh it doesn't make sense? The voters, ya know the people that decide the election, Demotroll, they want it discussed. You have even admitted in the past that Schwartz won't talk about it but earlier in your post you said she is talking about it. Which one is it, Demotroll?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #396 on: August 11, 2004, 03:55:04 AM »

Yeah KeystonePhil, there are a lot of things you know the voter in PA-13 like myself want discussed and what postions they take Melissa Brown is either holding back on or taking a position that does not agree with mine and I knwo I'm not alone.  Say universal health care, energy indpendence, rolling back some of the tax breaks for the wealthy, etc.    
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #397 on: August 11, 2004, 11:05:34 AM »

Yeah KeystonePhil, there are a lot of things you know the voter in PA-13 like myself want discussed and what postions they take Melissa Brown is either holding back on or taking a position that does not agree with mine and I knwo I'm not alone.  

Yeah I have spoken with many voters and I know what they want discussed and guess what...unlike Schwartz, Brown is discussing these issues. You keep running away from the fact that Schwartz won't bring up Section 8 reform when the voters want it discussed. Brown has made her position clear on issues like tax cuts, medical malpractice, education, etc. I don't see Brown holding back any position and if she's taking a position that you don't like, I'm not saying you are the only one. I know there will be people that disagree with Brown but the majority (and we will see this on election day) hold many of the same views Brown holds.

Demoteen04
Rookie

« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

I did some research today with HUD and Philadelphia Housing Authority. The issue of section 8 housing should be discussed because on the websites that I went to there was nothing about applications anything at all having to do with Section 8. Therefore it is not an extreme issue. That is why Allyson Schwartz is not emphasizing on the issue Melissa is because she has no other issues to help her win.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2004, 07:49:09 PM »

I did some research today with HUD and Philadelphia Housing Authority. The issue of section 8 housing should be discussed because on the websites that I went to there was nothing about applications anything at all having to do with Section 8. Therefore it is not an extreme issue. That is why Allyson Schwartz is not emphasizing on the issue Melissa is because she has no other issues to help her win.

Excellent point Demoteen.  As I have stated earlier Joe Hoeffel and Jon Saidel have pushed on this issue very hard.  I was not on AIM when you asked btw.  What damage is done has been done.  It is going to make no difference if Allyson Schwartz or Melissa Brown is elected to Congress on the issue of Section 8.  For being such a young guy, you are doing your homework on this and I give you props.  It's unfortunate people 2,3, and 4 times your age are spitting out ridiculous rhetoric a la Fox News or Melissa Brown.  Northeast conservatives spit this garbage out of anger even though they are or once were Democrats.  

It seems as if your buddy Tim has a lot of problems with Allyson Schwartz.  Funny I was driving someone back to the Northeast from Finnegan's Wake last night.  He was very drunk, but it appears as if he blindly supports Bush because of the association with Street.  I started talking about the tax cuts and other economic issues and he just blanked out.    
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 68  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies