GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 81583 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

She lost a winnable race by 1.4 despite a D+8 year. The performance of Carter in 2014 was far more impressive when you take into consideration the fact that 2014 was a horrible year for dems
This poster and other Republicans spent the whole 2018 cycle saying Abrams was DOA. Now she blew a winnable race. LMAO. Ok. Anything to ignore the fact that GA will be Likely D sooner rather than later.

And if anyone won voters that otherwise vote R out of Abrams/Nunn/Carter it was Abrams. But keep going with your delusions.

If someone is delusionnal here, it's you. You are just a big moron who believes that Abrams is the rightful governor.

Besides I was not on atlas last year since I created my profile in january.

I suggest you not engage him. To converse with someone like him would be well beneath your time and effort.

I thought you hated personal attacks though?

Some people don't take their own advice.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2019, 05:28:43 PM »

Bad decision for McBath if true. She's WAY more likely to win re-election to GA-06 than to win statewide in an open senate seat. Also increases Republican odds in the 6th.
No it doesn't. Abrams also won GA-06 with an electorate that was less Democratic than 2016. The white voters in that district are done with the GOP. 

In the meantime, McBath is amazing at working suburban audiences, and black turnout will be huge with her on the ticket. She is an exceptional speaker with a powerful personal story. She will also raise a sh-t ton of money. She is the best alternative to Abrams. Meanwhile Tomlinson can work on getting out that South GA vote. And we will all be curbing voter suppression to the best of our abilities.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I'm all in for Tomlinson/McBath 2020.

lol. Of course, any Democratic incumbent giving up their seat doesn't change anything, but all the Republicans retiring in Texas and elsewhere makes those seats more competitive. But I realize I'm talking to people who view any Republican improvement from 2018 as impossible, so what do I expect.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »

Bad decision for McBath if true. She's WAY more likely to win re-election to GA-06 than to win statewide in an open senate seat. Also increases Republican odds in the 6th.
No it doesn't. Abrams also won GA-06 with an electorate that was less Democratic than 2016. The white voters in that district are done with the GOP. 

In the meantime, McBath is amazing at working suburban audiences, and black turnout will be huge with her on the ticket. She is an exceptional speaker with a powerful personal story. She will also raise a sh-t ton of money. She is the best alternative to Abrams. Meanwhile Tomlinson can work on getting out that South GA vote. And we will all be curbing voter suppression to the best of our abilities.

lol. Of course, any Democratic incumbent giving up their seat doesn't change anything, but all the Republicans retiring in Texas and elsewhere makes those seats more competitive. But I realize I'm talking to people who view any Republican improvement from 2018 as impossible, so what do I expect.
I mean, there are some Atlas R's who say Woodall, Hurd, Marchant, etc. retiring has little impact on those seats' competitiveness. But saying McBath or someone like that retiring would have no impact on the seat's rating is just hackish.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2019, 05:33:51 PM »

The less extreme view is that McBath is one of the best gets for the DSCC and she might be operating in the view that this could be the year the dam finally breaks in georgia, so might as well take that shot at a valuable Senate seat when opportunities are pretty rare.

It probably hurts Dems in GA-06 a little, but that seat is also zooming left anyway and Trump will probably lose it
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »

McBath would be a great Senatorial candidate.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2019, 10:18:25 PM »

Lol Ds aren't losing McBath's seat if she jumps in
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »

Her leaving the seat may also be good incentive for other Ds to let her have the Senate race uncontested. Ossoff, Carter, Nunn, Jen Jordan, Scott Holcomb, and others are right in or near the 6th.

None of them could really compete with her fundraising or endorsements. Moms Demand and other gun control advocates would descend upon Georgia for her.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2019, 10:33:54 PM »

Her leaving the seat may also be good incentive for other Ds to let her have the Senate race uncontested. Ossoff, Carter, Nunn, Jen Jordan, Scott Holcomb, and others are right in or near the 6th.

None of them could really compete with her fundraising or endorsements. Moms Demand and other gun control advocates would descend upon Georgia for her.

Just depends on who wants to run statewide in 2022, I'd figure
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »

Is anyone getting McSally 2.0 vibes if Karen Handel gets appointed?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »

Handel would one of the more likely losers for Republicans and that's why she won't be the appointee. She's lost two statewide primaries and a congressional seat so it's safe to say she has no political capital.
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #185 on: September 17, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2019, 05:08:13 PM by skbl17 »

Gov. Kemp is now taking job applications for the appointment to the seat.

Apparently, it's all about transparency.

Make of that what you will. I wonder if there will be televised job interviews for the finalists, that would be something.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #186 on: September 17, 2019, 05:17:19 PM »

Make of that what you will. I wonder if there will be televised job interviews for the finalists, that would be something.
I wonder if someone who lives in Georgia and is on atlas will sign up because why not.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #187 on: September 17, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »

The finalists will go to DC and Trump will announce the winner by saying "You are hired".
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #188 on: September 17, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2019, 10:29:35 AM by Invisible Obama »

That appointment process is a crock. Phony good government is so much more annoying than outright poor government. The choice will be an insider, so any farmers or blue collar workers who think they are going to be Mr. Smith Goes to Washington will be sadly disappointed.
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #189 on: September 17, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »

I wonder if someone who lives in Georgia and is on atlas will sign up because why not.
Adam Griffin would be perfect, but I don't think he'd downgrade from President to Senate. Tongue
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2019, 09:12:14 AM »

If McBath runs for Senate, Holcomb should run for GA-06.
Frankly, Jen Jordan should consider taking a stab at GA-11. It's a massive uphill climb, but she already represents ~20% of the seat and a strong run could position her well for a bluer seat in 2022 post-redistricting.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »

Adam Griffin would be perfect, but I don't think he'd downgrade from President to Senate. Tongue

I'd vote for him.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2019, 11:01:13 AM »

Yes, which is why Kemp won't appoint her. He's evil, not stupid.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: September 18, 2019, 07:58:49 PM »

I was going to but I’m not 30 so I did a fake one
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #194 on: September 18, 2019, 08:04:44 PM »

Adam Griffin for Senate, The Democratic Donald Trump!
skbl17
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #195 on: September 18, 2019, 11:27:13 PM »

The Governor's Office is actually listing the submissions online, so you can browse the resumes of those who wish to be considered.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #196 on: September 18, 2019, 11:31:27 PM »

Yes, which is why Kemp won't appoint her. He's evil, not stupid.

Ducey probably did it so he gets the Senate seat in 2022, idk whether Brian Kemp wants to be a Senator or if he'd prefer a second term as Governor.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2019, 12:02:44 AM »

Lmao I love the random black lady. Also my resume about voter suppression isn’t on there 😢
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2019, 02:41:08 PM »

Also, the most qualified on the list is that A. Thomas Stubbs person.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2019, 02:48:16 PM »

If this hasn't been posted already, McBath is not running for Isakson's seat: https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/lucy-mcbath-passes-johnny-isakson-senate-seat/wCEGrWiW3oFxXSnSehrb6I/. I assume she realized that it would be better for her to win reelection to her current seat, than to pursue a Senate bid in which she would be the underdog. As I've said before, if Perdue wins reelection (and I believe that he will), then Republicans will win the open Senate seat as well. And without the Georgia seats, and without Maine (where I think Collins is the favorite, and will win reelection by a Manchin-esque margin), Democrats will not take back the Senate next year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies