The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 04:22:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86949 times)
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: September 28, 2013, 12:51:08 AM »

So I was up north in Petoskey Michigan visiting a friend of mine. On the last day we went out bowling and and some drinks. We left the bowling alley at 1am and decided to hit Taco Bell, we got a quarter of a mile down the road and my friend was pulled over. They claimed he crossed the white line on the side of the road. I don't recall any real swerving from him though. They asked if he had been drinking and he had, they had him do some tests then they breathalyer tested him and he was at .20 so he was arrested. They breathalyer tested me and I blew a .062 so I was able to drive my friends car home so they didn't have to impound it. My friend had 2 more drinks than me and didn't seem that drunk he blew a .20 though, I think he is ed. He must of had more drinks at home before we went bowling than I realized, but we were at the bowling alley for 3.5 hours. I feel really bad because I should not have let him drive. I even felt uncomfortable driving his car home at .062. Me and my friends dad bailed him out the next day, today. He really can't lose his license since he needs it to not only get to work but for work, he delivers pizzas for a living.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1001 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:40 AM »

So last night got pretty wild. Both fun & disastrous. I'm posting from an iPod &  can't put up all the details. Important part is that's fight broke out between the Lax Bros & Sigms Pi. I was one of many crushed in the cried trying to shove the Lax Bros out the door. At some poi t, I should compile a record of all these events.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1002 on: September 28, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »

I did some things that I should not have done. I tried to go on the IRC and talk about it but I zoned out. I am not the type who enjoys altering my mind, and this was not all that great, but I won't call it a bad experience.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1003 on: September 28, 2013, 02:16:17 PM »
« Edited: September 28, 2013, 02:23:29 PM by Grimes/2 Chainz 2016 »

I also was f(inks)ed up last night.

I remember slipping on dew and bruising my ass, fist pumping, trying to dodge this girl that I jumped on for my friend, and overall it being a great ass night.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: September 28, 2013, 08:31:57 PM »

A former classmate of mine with a well known affinity for pot ran over and might have killed a person in the neighboring town. My brother saw the scene of the accident seconds after it happened. Scary sh*t.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1005 on: September 29, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »

Earlier this week the company I worked for announced their design for the new building in downtown Milwaukee. Demolishing an older, deteriorating building and building the largest, but not the tallest building in the state.

http://urbanmilwaukee.com/2013/09/25/first-look-at-nmls-new-skyscraper/
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1006 on: September 29, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »

Earlier this week the company I worked for announced their design for the new building in downtown Milwaukee. Demolishing an older, deteriorating building and building the largest, but not the tallest building in the state.

They're still building things in places like Milwaukee?  Remarkable!
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1007 on: September 29, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »

They're still building things in places like Milwaukee?  Remarkable!

Within the next 4 years we're likely to see the 2nd and 3rd tallest buildings in the city (and state).

Construction of the Couture http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/real_estate/2013/09/couture-takes-major-step-forward-as.html?ana=e_mil_bn is likely to begin soon as well. Also a major freeway construction to free up more land for development. Lots of construction in Milwaukee (or at least the East Side/Third Ward areas).
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1008 on: September 29, 2013, 12:17:35 PM »

They're still building things in places like Milwaukee?  Remarkable!

Within the next 4 years we're likely to see the 2nd and 3rd tallest buildings in the city (and state).

Construction of the Couture http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/real_estate/2013/09/couture-takes-major-step-forward-as.html?ana=e_mil_bn is likely to begin soon as well. Also a major freeway construction to free up more land for development. Lots of construction in Milwaukee (or at least the East Side/Third Ward areas).

Interesting.  I haven't been back to the Bad Place in years, and from what I hear from my pessimistic chums back home, St Louis is thoroughly moribund, so I rather assumed that nothing but decay was happening in the fly-over country outside of, perhaps, Minneapolis/ND.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1009 on: September 29, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »

They're still building things in places like Milwaukee?  Remarkable!

Interesting.  I haven't been back to the Bad Place in years, and from what I hear from my pessimistic chums back home, St Louis is thoroughly moribund, so I rather assumed that nothing but decay was happening in the fly-over country outside of, perhaps, Minneapolis/ND.
I believe Chicago, Madison, and Ann Arbor are doing ok as well.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: September 29, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

My brother just had a gun pulled on him while walking the dog. He was in the local park and a man who was walking his Tsitzu (did I spell that right?) without a leash passed. His dog and our dog got into it, and my brother told him to pick the dog up while he struggled to hold our dog back. Instead, the man pulled a gun and pressed it to my dogs head, saying he was gonna shoot it. My brother and dog are ok, and cops are here right now. Crazy sh*t. This entire weekend has been packed with all kinds of stuff.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1011 on: September 29, 2013, 07:23:29 PM »

Sounds like Sanchez is livin da #thuglyfe

Also, I love how it seems like p much everyone here was on drugs friday night Curly
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1012 on: September 29, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

Also, I love how it seems like p much everyone here was on drugs friday night Curly

I mean, do sleep deprivation, Cards against Humanity, and salt-and-vinegar potato chips count as drugs, or...?

Anyway, my mother just moved back into the area. We have a vaguely Lovecraftian house next to an old Puritan graveyard in South Deerfield.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1013 on: September 29, 2013, 07:35:08 PM »

I'm straight edge as f[inks]

Also Max, i hate to say it like this but

Your life is a perfect example of why I will never live in Florida
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1014 on: September 29, 2013, 07:57:16 PM »

I went to CPAC St. Louis this weekend with some great people - thoroughly enjoyed it!

At one point yesterday, I was standing about ten feet from Todd Akin. I was able to keep my composure and not say anything, fortunately.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1015 on: September 29, 2013, 08:10:00 PM »

I hung out with friends from Dallas at a brewery yesterday, and my GF came over and spent the day with me here. She left, so now I can just release hours of pent up farts.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: September 29, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »

I'm straight edge as f[inks]

Also Max, i hate to say it like this but

Your life is a perfect example of why I will never live in Florida
Yeah, this city is in the midst of a crime wave, so no offense taken. The cops came, and criticized my brother for walking at 7:30 in the evening, in the f[inks]ing twilight. Seven cop cars showed up at our house, and they refused to even look for the guy (they just assumed he had a concealed carry permit) and left. Yes, the man has a right to his gun, and yes, he has a right to pull it out if he feels threatened. But does he have a right to pull it on another human being when his f[inks]ing dog is threatened??
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1017 on: September 29, 2013, 09:25:48 PM »

So a friend of mine signed me up for blackpeoplemeet.com as a joke, he used the name GANGSTAsixpack. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1018 on: September 29, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »

I'm home for. NYC. I'll be happy to sleep in my own bed again, but I miss NYC already.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1019 on: September 30, 2013, 03:05:27 AM »

Overwhelming surge of self-hatred in me right now. Can't go to sleep until I've dealt with it. Convinced I'm worthless, stupid, an incompetent and fraudulent student of my major, deserve to die, et cetera.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1020 on: September 30, 2013, 04:06:44 AM »

yeah damn right i was up from like friday to sunday night #yolo
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1021 on: September 30, 2013, 05:23:51 AM »

Overwhelming surge of self-hatred in me right now. Can't go to sleep until I've dealt with it. Convinced I'm worthless, stupid, an incompetent and fraudulent student of my major, deserve to die, et cetera.

Totally feel you. I went through one of my worst mental breakdowns of my entire life last Friday and wallowed in self pity before I had a huge life-changing epiphany yesterday that basically led me to change how I look at my depression and how I can better handle it.

Hopefully things shape up for you, though. You're not worthless or stupid or incompetent.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #1022 on: September 30, 2013, 05:50:37 AM »

I spend my entire life feeling like a total fraud but what helps is realising that almost everyone feels that way anyway. Hope you're coping okay.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1023 on: September 30, 2013, 06:41:58 AM »

Nathan- you are none of those things- in fact, you manifest the opposite qualities.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1024 on: September 30, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »

We got our Commonwealth Games tickets allocated today. Wrestling and weightlifting.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies