The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:46:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240496 times)
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:20 PM »

ChinamanSanchez
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #626 on: December 06, 2017, 05:18:10 PM »

That's more or less a racial slur.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #627 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »

Why is posting directly in the thread so hip these days?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: December 06, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »

Movie quote.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #629 on: December 06, 2017, 10:19:53 PM »

I'm aware. I just wanted fame
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:06 PM »

When I was still in high school, I saw a play version of that film (was it originally a play?) at a Catholic high school on the West Side, in a collaboration between an all boys and an all girls school. I was intrigued enough, and saw part of the movie once. My parents were musicians and I'd been instructed in a few instruments, so the plight of that piano player with four or more keyboardists was very sympathetic to me. I remember specifically the scene where they are playing music in the streets and the woman who wanted to be famous is singing "I'm gonna live forever." The keyboardist's cab driver father is shouting "That's my son!" I am to this day very upset that they remade it.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #631 on: December 07, 2017, 09:32:40 PM »

There's a ton of furor out there for her over this whole Franken thing. I think people are underestimating how angry the Democratic base is right now about how the whole process played out. Literally the most angry I've seen any of them at Democrats since the Iraq War maybe...

I mean...he's not wrong. Go on any mainstream Democratic forum and their pissed Franken resigned
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #632 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:56 AM »

Democrats are basically screwed. If they nominate anyone other than a white man then they are accused of playing identity politics for doing so which they do actually. If they only nominate white men then their stupid base who support that nominee because the democratic base just has so much hatred toward white people especially white males.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #633 on: December 08, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Alabama has a very proud 200 year history of being on the wrong side of it. Keep it going.

Roll Tide!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #634 on: December 08, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »

Alabama has a very proud 200 year history of being on the wrong side of it. Keep it going.

Roll Tide!

Uh, the simple truths reservoir is that way. -->
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #635 on: December 08, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »

Roll Tide!
Well, he's not wrong...
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #636 on: December 08, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »

TBH, I think businesses should be allowed to deny service to anybody for any reason, but my namesake lost that battle over 50 years ago so whatever. Tongue
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #637 on: December 08, 2017, 07:29:19 PM »

TBH, I think businesses should be allowed to deny service to anybody for any reason, but my namesake lost that battle over 50 years ago so whatever. Tongue
An oldie but a... well, not a goodie.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #638 on: December 08, 2017, 11:30:25 PM »

Anyone should be able to deny service to anyone for any reason is a perfectly understandable position.  Boycotts and the free market would kill any discrimination.  And, for the record, I support this business's right to kick out Trump supporters as well:
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10251
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #639 on: December 09, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »

Some might find the screed below a tad overwrought.

This is not an opportunity to talk about difficult matters privately or in a closed environment. This is a circus. It's a national disgrace. And from my standpoint, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a bunch of Atlas lefties rather than hung from a tree.
TheLeftwardTide
« Reply #640 on: December 09, 2017, 10:26:26 PM »

Anyone should be able to deny service to anyone for any reason is a perfectly understandable position.  Boycotts and the free market would kill any discrimination.  And, for the record, I support this business's right to kick out Trump supporters as well:
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10251

Actually, this post fits very well in this thread. Though it did make me laugh quite a bit.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #641 on: December 11, 2017, 09:22:03 AM »

Just the thing to divert attention from Trump if the early sketchy reports be true.

I was gonna say....this was probably done by a Trump supporter.

Source: Many people are saying.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #642 on: December 11, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »

Just the thing to divert attention from Trump if the early sketchy reports be true.

He makes an excellent point by taking Trump's rhetoric and turning it against him. clever.
Zinneke
JosepBroz
YaBB God
Belgium

« Reply #643 on: December 11, 2017, 05:38:18 PM »

Governments aside, which nations have majorities of people who would even want a United States of Europe at this point? This seems like something everyone wants as a long term goal but would never go for in the medium term.
Literally none. Even in Germany, polling is against it, and the EU as it stands is much more unpopular in most other member states. The SPD has a deathwish, it seems. If they drag the CDU along this path, AfD and Linke will become the top parties in East Germany, ironically the opposite of what the grand coalition would want.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #644 on: December 11, 2017, 05:46:33 PM »

He makes an excellent point by taking Trump's rhetoric and turning it against him. clever.
No it isn't. Everybody has been using "Sad!" and ironically quoting Trump ever since the escalator ride. Hell, you've been a nuisance now for like, what, a few weeks? You haven't noticed it yet?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #645 on: December 11, 2017, 07:13:45 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-yorker-severs-ties-with-star-reporter-ryan-lizza

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ryan Lizza is a front liner in the Fourth Esstate (or, at least, until today).  The biggest issue today in media today is Fake News (including the fakeness of the "Fake News" concept). 

If we believe Lizza's accusers, then Lizza is lying.  If Lizza is lying about this, what does this say about his journalistic credbility? 

If we believe Lizza, than why him and not Roy Moore?  Why Lizza and not Bill Clinton?  Why Lizza and not Trump?

I, personally, believe that this law firm representing Lizza's "accusers" are a bunch of ambulance chasers.  Read between the lines; they are fishing for "other victims" to cone forward, without any indication that there is a reasonable basis to believe they exist.  It's a fishing expedition.  Now people do catch fish on fishing expeditions, but that's not been the American way of resolving issues such as this.  Until now, I suppose.

Communism was an inherent evil.  Communists in our midst such as Alger Hiss were members of Fifth Columns that, with the aid of their Soviet handlers, sought to destroy the America folks believed in by using the very freedoms and democratic institutions of America to bring the destruction and remake about.  But McCarthyism was a cure that was un-American; it ruined folks lives, sometimes for no reason, sometimes for youthful indiscretions and lapses of judgement.  It was a cancer, in and of itself, and it was used by its promulgators for self-serving ends.

The hysteria regarding "sexual harassment" today is rapidly the McCarthyite critical mass where some new Joseph Welch will turn to the accusers run amok and ask "Have you no decency, sir?".  Only this time, that person will ask, "Have you no decency, ma'am?" as well.  We are going back into people's pasts, without regard to agreements that were made in confidence, and in good faith, and doing our best to subject people to scorn.  I'm not apologizing for the acts of folks who engage in sexual harassment, and I'm not including assaults, battery, and rapes in the definition of harassment, but I'm also not for Scarlet Letters to be handed out frivolously.  This thing has only begun to get out of hand.  Mark my words, the damage caused by this new McCarthyism will cause well-meaning folks in the near future to admit that the end result was far from what they had in mind.

What is this I don't even...
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #646 on: December 11, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-new-yorker-severs-ties-with-star-reporter-ryan-lizza

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ryan Lizza is a front liner in the Fourth Esstate (or, at least, until today).  The biggest issue today in media today is Fake News (including the fakeness of the "Fake News" concept). 

If we believe Lizza's accusers, then Lizza is lying.  If Lizza is lying about this, what does this say about his journalistic credbility? 

If we believe Lizza, than why him and not Roy Moore?  Why Lizza and not Bill Clinton?  Why Lizza and not Trump?

I, personally, believe that this law firm representing Lizza's "accusers" are a bunch of ambulance chasers.  Read between the lines; they are fishing for "other victims" to cone forward, without any indication that there is a reasonable basis to believe they exist.  It's a fishing expedition.  Now people do catch fish on fishing expeditions, but that's not been the American way of resolving issues such as this.  Until now, I suppose.

Communism was an inherent evil.  Communists in our midst such as Alger Hiss were members of Fifth Columns that, with the aid of their Soviet handlers, sought to destroy the America folks believed in by using the very freedoms and democratic institutions of America to bring the destruction and remake about.  But McCarthyism was a cure that was un-American; it ruined folks lives, sometimes for no reason, sometimes for youthful indiscretions and lapses of judgement.  It was a cancer, in and of itself, and it was used by its promulgators for self-serving ends.

The hysteria regarding "sexual harassment" today is rapidly the McCarthyite critical mass where some new Joseph Welch will turn to the accusers run amok and ask "Have you no decency, sir?".  Only this time, that person will ask, "Have you no decency, ma'am?" as well.  We are going back into people's pasts, without regard to agreements that were made in confidence, and in good faith, and doing our best to subject people to scorn.  I'm not apologizing for the acts of folks who engage in sexual harassment, and I'm not including assaults, battery, and rapes in the definition of harassment, but I'm also not for Scarlet Letters to be handed out frivolously.  This thing has only begun to get out of hand.  Mark my words, the damage caused by this new McCarthyism will cause well-meaning folks in the near future to admit that the end result was far from what they had in mind.

What is this I don't even...
To quote Dubya, that was some weird sh*t.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #647 on: December 12, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »

Yeah, thank God that he isn't leaving the party of literal child molesters!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #648 on: December 12, 2017, 01:15:26 PM »

No it isn't. Everybody has been using "Sad!" and ironically quoting Trump ever since the escalator ride. Hell, you've been a nuisance now for like, what, a few weeks? You haven't noticed it yet?

I'm not the one who said....you know that. It's what many people are saying. Both you and me know this. Many people
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #649 on: December 12, 2017, 01:17:28 PM »

Wrong thread.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to: