Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45
Author Topic: Official Pennsylvania Democratic Primary Discussion Thread  (Read 63141 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »

I'll admit that flier is kind of low but I have a tough time getting outraged about it now. The GOP does this kind of sh!t a million times more. I remember some lady in 2006 coming into my local campaign HQ outraged with a flier she found on her car after church that was on every other car in the church parking lot about how our State Senate candidate loved gays and abortion and thus you had to vote Republican. Would Phil react the same way to such a flier?

As for the last part, it sounds like Surra is supporting Obama because of his pro-gun legislation he's sponsoring (which I've never heard of, but whatever.) He can still have an opinion on federal legislation and choose his endorsements based on it, regardless of if he can vote on it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2008, 10:59:29 PM »

I'd react the same way.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #77 on: April 15, 2008, 07:39:10 AM »

Oh boy, the Big O is really in trouble now.  Bob Casey is doing radio ads for him here in western PA......and probably out east too.

That's is........Hillary will be the nominee for sure now.  Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #78 on: April 15, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »

Auditor General and western PA political powerhouse Jack Wagner backs Obama - http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2008/04/auditor_general_wagner_will_en.html
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: April 15, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »

Steelers owner Dan Rooney endorses Obama - http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/election/s_562310.html
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2008, 10:45:27 AM »

Is the "powerhouse" part sarcasm, for those of us who don't know Pennsylvania? Wink
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2008, 10:46:51 AM »

Is the "powerhouse" part sarcasm, for those of us who don't know Pennsylvania? Wink

No. Wagner is pretty strong out there.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »

Onorato is going to find out how strong when it's time to start announcing plans to run for Governor.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »

Onorato is going to find out how strong when it's time to start announcing plans to run for Governor.

Haha, yeah. That'll be fun to watch.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2008, 11:34:32 AM »

Delegate Analysis - http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000002703375&cpage=1

And, as usual, PA 13 is the center of the political universe, described as one of the most competitive districts in the state.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2008, 11:51:36 AM »

Delegate Analysis - http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000002703375&cpage=1

And, as usual, PA 13 is the center of the political universe, described as one of the most competitive districts in the state.

So, they project 53-50 Clinton for a high single digits victory?  Ouch.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »

Haha, yeah. That'll be fun to watch.

Another Democratic blood-letting would make you happy Wink   This might make Clinton-Obama seem like they're playing nice-nice.  God I love politics.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2008, 12:24:25 PM »

So, they project 53-50 Clinton for a high single digits victory?  Ouch.

Looking at the map, I think the max Clinton showing is probably around 60-43 delegate-wise.  I think CQ is being a tad conservative actually out west, so I'll say somewhere in between 55-57, if the numbers end up where I think they will.

What type of numbers statewide would you get for a 5-10-15-20 point margin respectively (I don't feel like doing the math)?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2008, 03:04:07 PM »

Clinton now running radio ads attacking Obama for voting on the "Bush" energy bill.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2008, 06:07:36 PM »

Clinton now running radio ads attacking Obama for voting on the "Bush" energy bill.

But what is the "Bush" energy bill provisions he voted for?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2008, 06:10:55 PM »

But what is the "Bush" energy bill provisions he voted for?

I'll have to hear the commercial again.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

PA-2, yard signs are divided almost by race.  Hillary does have a presence.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2008, 08:28:21 PM »

Not to spoil the fun, but if yard signs were an accurate measurement of much other than local organization, Kerry would have broken 95% in my precinct.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2008, 10:47:52 PM »

Not to spoil the fun, but if yard signs were an accurate measurement of much other than local organization, Kerry would have broken 95% in my precinct.

And you don't live in a major machine city. Yes, stuff like yard signs do matter, to an extent, in our city. It shows organization and excitment. It's proof that North Philly ward leaders aren't going to be crazy for Obama.

I will say, though, that I have seen quite a few Obama signs on lawns and in windows around Temple. I drive through Hillary Country to get to the campus though - Fishtown - an old blue collar community (though starting to see an influence by young progressives). Her signs are everywhere (along with the local union boss who is running for State Senator). I then cross into a Puerto Rican neighborhood which ought to be strong for Hillary but as I get closer to school, you see all Obama signs and nothing for Hillary.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2008, 10:48:53 PM »

That's true...I keep forgetting that you people have fliers and street games and stuff like that.  It's so weird to think that stuff still exists...
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »

That's true...I keep forgetting that you people have fliers and street games and stuff like that.  It's so weird to think that stuff still exists...

Campaign signs are illegal in most of my world. Putting them up enrages folks.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2008, 10:57:05 PM »

Campaign signs are illegal in most of my world. Putting them up enrages folks.

Every cycle we go through something similar. People tend to hate signs since they usually clutter the traffice medians. They become a real eye soar but as someone who is politically involved, I like putting some up. We've been going back and forth with whether or not they're even legal but it is the same every year - put up the signs, have the opposition tear them down and repeat.

Signs on private property aren't exactly common here but a decent amount of people have them. I've had one up for every election since 2003. Then again, I'm a whole different case.  Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2008, 07:36:14 AM »

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has endosed Barack Obama.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08107/873625-192.stm
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »

OOPS for Hillary.

The offended voter in her ad isn't a PA voter.

http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2008/04/clintons_offended_pa_voter_not.html

Typical Clinton LIES
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2008, 07:06:58 PM »

I saw AFSCME workers out for Hillary in the blue collar area near Temple. I was going door to door today (for someone else obviously) and saw Hillary's people have been out. Their lit has Hillary and Rendell on it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies