Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:03:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130577 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: March 04, 2013, 02:25:16 PM »

I was exclusively addressing the funds to see mental assistance.

Oh I see.  Yeah I think that's like $150/hour though. I suppose nowadays they just see the patient once every six months and stuff him full of drugs.  In the old days they tried psychoanalysis, but maybe now just drugs.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1251 on: March 04, 2013, 02:51:32 PM »

In the old days they tried psychoanalysis, but maybe now just drugs.

In the old days it was

And

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1252 on: March 04, 2013, 02:59:46 PM »

Oh I see.  Yeah I think that's like $150/hour though. I suppose nowadays they just see the patient once every six months and stuff him full of drugs.  In the old days they tried psychoanalysis, but maybe now just drugs.
You don't see a psych for anywhere near an hour. You get about 5 minutes of face time, same as with any doctor. I pay $100 every three month for the 5 minutes. And, more importantly, for new permission slips for the same drugs I've been taking for years.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1253 on: March 04, 2013, 03:01:45 PM »

Mail is one area where allowing a pure capitalistic system wouldn't work.
Baloney. Letters and spam go through email just fine. UPS and FedEx can handle packages. Please choose FedEx and support my hometown. We need more jobs and money Smiley

Why, memphis?  Why on earth would anyone prefer a 'private' business where a government service can do the job?  UPS and FedEx just put profits into the hands of some privileged owner - why should we put up with this when a public service was working just fine.

I'd rather pay ten times for a public service with proper unionization and no private owner reaping the benefits than tolerate these 'private companies'.
FedEx pilots are unionized. And they have no reservations about reminding management of that fact.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1254 on: March 04, 2013, 03:20:42 PM »

You don't see a psych for anywhere near an hour. You get about 5 minutes of face time, same as with any doctor. I pay $100 every three month for the 5 minutes. And, more importantly, for new permission slips for the same drugs I've been taking for years.

Not true, memphis.  I saw the  psychologist for an hour, once a week, $15 co-pay each time.  I don't know why my plan covered it, but I'm glad it did......oh those were the days!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1255 on: March 04, 2013, 03:26:35 PM »

Not true, memphis.  I saw the  psychologist for an hour, once a week, $15 co-pay each time.  I don't know why my plan covered it, but I'm glad it did......oh those were the days!
A psychologist is not a doctor. I'm talking about my psychiatrist
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1256 on: March 04, 2013, 03:28:46 PM »

In the old days it was

And

Ah, good point - I was think of rich-Jew psychoanalysis like in a Woody Allen movie.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1257 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:15 PM »

...I think that's like $150/hour though. I suppose nowadays they just see the patient once every six months and stuff him full of drugs.  In the old days they tried psychoanalysis, but maybe now just drugs.
You don't see a psych for anywhere near an hour. You get about 5 minutes of face time, same as with any doctor.

What the heck?  That's sick.  You don't get to lay back on a comfortable divan and have a good old chin-wag?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1258 on: March 04, 2013, 03:33:33 PM »

Mail is one area where allowing a pure capitalistic system wouldn't work.
Baloney. Letters and spam go through email just fine. UPS and FedEx can handle packages. Please choose FedEx and support my hometown. We need more jobs and money Smiley

Why, memphis?  Why on earth would anyone prefer a 'private' business where a government service can do the job?  UPS and FedEx just put profits into the hands of some privileged owner - why should we put up with this when a public service was working just fine.

I'd rather pay ten times for a public service with proper unionization and no private owner reaping the benefits than tolerate these 'private companies'.
FedEx pilots are unionized. And they have no reservations about reminding management of that fact.

Well sure, but what about the poor bอstอrds in the tight brown short-pants?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1259 on: March 04, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

A psychologist is not a doctor. I'm talking about my psychiatrist

When I was seeing a psychiatrist I had appointments that lasted as long as my psychological appointments; they were just very infrequent.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1260 on: March 04, 2013, 03:58:27 PM »

All that Bushie did today was take another nap and watch some TV shows with his mom. He's obviously not interested in getting a job anymore, guys.

That's all well and good but he'd better figure out a way to get on the gov't dole then.

Jamestroll said on his fb that he's good at working.....for once that idiot said something true.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1261 on: March 04, 2013, 04:43:04 PM »

...I think that's like $150/hour though. I suppose nowadays they just see the patient once every six months and stuff him full of drugs.  In the old days they tried psychoanalysis, but maybe now just drugs.
You don't see a psych for anywhere near an hour. You get about 5 minutes of face time, same as with any doctor.

What the heck?  That's sick.  You don't get to lay back on a comfortable divan and have a good old chin-wag?
If you want some talk therapy, go see a therapist. Psychiatrists are merely drug dealers. They're also the gate keepers to mental hospitals, but, fortunately, I've had no need for any of that. Standard practice is to schedule one patient for every 15 minutes. But some of that time must be used for reviewing records, writing prescriptions, and such. You can do the math.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1262 on: March 04, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »

If you want some talk therapy, go see a therapist. Psychiatrists are merely drug dealers. They're also the gate keepers to mental hospitals, but, fortunately, I've had no need for any of that. Standard practice is to schedule one patient for every 15 minutes. But some of that time must be used for reviewing records, writing prescriptions, and such. You can do the math.

Sounds terrible.  I once visited a person of that general type to try to convince her I was mentally ill based on the fact that i'd never been 'able to hold a job', as part of a scheme to gain a government benefit.  Alas she just told me she thought I was from a rich family.  I told her 'no!  that's my problem, I only believe I'm Little Lord Fauntleroy'.  Alas, no dice.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1263 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:59 PM »

...I've never said he has to only drink tap water.  My point selecting Golden Coral and V8 was that he spends money on things he doesn't need (especially V8 lite, since it's literally the same as V8, just with them adding 50% water and charging you the same amount of money).  Those are the 2 items he's shared with us.  It's a stand-in symbol for living within his means.  That'd also mean buying generic products where he can, or anything else that can save money.

But that only fixes the financial problems.  The base problem is his mental health, and that needs to be something he focuses on first, and I've always advocated for that.

Come on Inks, you seriously believe that buying a few less soda pops is going to make his means sufficient to 'fix the financial problems'.  The problem is he's a poor, and there's no way out.  Blaming the victim - mental illness, laziness, etc. - for our endemic social ills is typical of America's deluded working class. 

Bushie, I'd like to apologize for the ignorant response you get on here, to remind you that not everyone feels that way, and finally to thank you for revealing to us so vividly the mental illness of so many of our posters.

No... and you clearly didn't read what I said.  I said he has to stop buying wasteful things.  That includes V8 and Golden Coral.  But those are really the only 2 things he's mentioned.  I'm sure there are more, but I can't list them, because I don't know what they are.  (Although cable TV would be another one, for instance).
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1264 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:01 PM »

In the old days it was

And

A little electroshock therapy would do Bushie a world of good:

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1265 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

Why have two simultaneous updates now that he's reopened the other?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1266 on: March 04, 2013, 06:51:44 PM »

Does anybody seriosuly believe that Bushie can consistently make rent, car maintenance/repairs/gasoline, utilities, food, car insurance, health insurance, medical bills, credit cards, and make reasonable progress toward paying back the money he owes his parents, all while losing substantial amounts of weight? He's about as likely to medal in female gymnastics. It's just not feasible, folks. There's no point in holding up a standard that he can't possibly acheive as the only way he can redeem himself as a person. He needs to make better decisions, no doubt, but he's never going to live up to your ideals. If you can't see that, you're the one with a mental illness.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1267 on: March 04, 2013, 06:51:57 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 07:47:46 PM by Torie »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Bushie can't lock this one, but if Memphis and Bushie both agree, a Mod could merge them.

As to Memphis' comment, nobody really knows what is holding Bushie back. But with resolve, and discipline, he can do more than one thing at once. But it just isn't there.  It takes a rather deep emotional commitment to change one's life, and it isn't easy. But once you begin, it gradually gets easier over time. It has been a process I have been going through for about 4 years. What generates such an emotional commitment and intensity?  I am not entirely sure to be honest. For me, I just realized that I really wanted to make some course corrections, and wanted to do so rather badly.

Knowing thyself is a rather daunting, and sometimes frightening, task.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1268 on: March 04, 2013, 07:20:33 PM »

Yeah, if nobody objects, I can merge these.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1269 on: March 04, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »

It's fine with me.  Memphis?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1270 on: March 04, 2013, 07:42:28 PM »

Yeah, go ahead and merge.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1271 on: March 04, 2013, 08:11:54 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 08:15:19 PM by Lief »

As to Memphis' comment, nobody really knows what is holding Bushie back. But with resolve, and discipline, he can do more than one thing at once.

Yeah, why doesn't Bushie just have the resolve and discipline to hire a personal trainer! That lazy good for nothing.

The fact is that people like Bushie (poors perpetually stuck in grinding poverty) don't have the resources to magically lose a few hundred pounds. It's easy when you're semi-retired and have more money than you know what to do with, but for someone who is unemployed, living in the boondocks of Oklahoma, has developed a palate for greasy, fatty, sugary foods due to being fed them his entire life, has essentially no conception of what nutrition or exercise are, has essentially no understanding of how basic calorie intake and calorie burning work, is probably at least somewhat depressed by his entire life situation, has clearly been coddled/babied by his parents his whole life, etc. it's much more difficult than just "developing resolve and discipline" or whatever.

I don't mean for this to be an attack on you Torie, but I think Bushie's problems are much deeper than a lack of willpower and are much harder to overcome than most of us, who have not grown up in poverty, can imagine.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1272 on: March 04, 2013, 08:30:02 PM »

Once again, Bushie should go to hardcore shows, and start dancing. He probably would have to lose quite a few pounds before he could crowdsurf, but that doesn't lose much weight anyway.

Also Bushie needs a PHYSICAL job. I lost about 10-15 pounds in the six weeks I worked at Target despite eating basically just junk the whole time. (Just as I lost six pounds over one Dude Fest with an absolutely horror show of a diet.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1273 on: March 04, 2013, 08:32:43 PM »
« Edited: March 04, 2013, 08:38:11 PM by Torie »

I never suggested otherwise Lief, and of course I have the resources to make things happen easier. Heck, after my 40 minute warmup routine, I just have the trainer, well trainers, because I have a Pilate's trainer too, beat me up for an hour, and I obey their every command, and sweat like a pig. Some of the other stuff was a bit more difficult, including working out my sexuality, and on and on.

But to suggest that all is near hopeless absent all of that, I don't think is too helpful. With more time (and I have a lot of responsibilities to a lot of folks who rely on me (including helping two close Hispanic friends get going on a doors and windows business, mostly with my money, and beyond the production side, my expertise), still practicing law, much of it pro bono these days, and a variety of interests, including this site, to which I am very loyal and committed to),  it could be done anyway.

Rather than curse the darkness, light a candle. Sure I make a juicy target when I say some of this. That's OK. It comes with the territory. You do your thing Lief, and I will do mine.

Oh one other thing: money is not the universal solvent for emotional "blockages." And that is true no matter how much you spend on therapists. The key is that it has to come from within. And I said, how you get there, is still something of a mystery to me. For me, it just "happened." I have some theories as to why, but that is all they are.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1274 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45:25 PM »

Once again, Bushie should go to hardcore shows, and start dancing. He probably would have to lose quite a few pounds before he could crowdsurf, but that doesn't lose much weight anyway.

Also Bushie needs a PHYSICAL job. I lost about 10-15 pounds in the six weeks I worked at Target despite eating basically just junk the whole time. (Just as I lost six pounds over one Dude Fest with an absolutely horror show of a diet.)

Yeah, depending on what it is, the USPS job could be really good for him.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies