The Update for Everybody Else
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:14:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Update for Everybody Else
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44
Author Topic: The Update for Everybody Else  (Read 86581 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: July 28, 2013, 11:09:23 AM »

My dad shot and killed an opossum as it was trying to break into our chicken house last night. It turns out that she was a mamma, and he had to pull around ten baby opossums out of her pouch. They are now in a box in our laundry room.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #626 on: July 28, 2013, 08:30:47 PM »

Now you have to take a sh**t and lose 5 pounds

I'm kind of surprised this hasn't been marketed as an actual fitness plan yet.  Smiley
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #627 on: July 29, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »

Got the flight/train/hotel reservations for Italy! Smiley
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #628 on: July 29, 2013, 01:17:35 PM »

I really, really hate business hotels. And modern cities. And especially business hotels in modern cities, no matter what country they're in.

I do agree with you there - though I'd hardly ever stayed in them much till the last few months. Why were you in a business hotel?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #629 on: July 29, 2013, 02:19:06 PM »

I decided to go on the Bushie diet for today.  I went to Dairy Queen and got a nice small flamethrower double cheeseburger with fries and a small mint chocolate chip shake.

Quite nice.

250 Calories maximum, right?

Now you have to take a sh**t and lose 5 pounds

I wish.  Seriously, I don't know how Bushie does it.  It was enjoyable, but I can't imagine eating that more than once a week at the most.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #630 on: July 29, 2013, 05:37:35 PM »

Had my first work in two weeks. Spent about six or five and a half hours on a warehouse floor drilling holes in the ends of sections of factory rollers. Lunch break extended an hour beyond what it should have due to how far away the IHOP was and the wait for food. While I can't account for my work partner/friend/former classmate, I demolished my pancakes and bacon in mere minutes. The damned waitress didn't bring our silverware over either until long after our meal had arrived, so I went with my coffee unmixed for about a half hour and by the time I got my spoon, the actual sugar supply had been worn down and all the other crap was artificial. Arriving 20 minutes late--I again blame mi amigo for that--and coming back an hour late from lunch was naturally repaid (call it karma, if you will) by not leaving work until like 5, thus leveling out the working time to its original six hours.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #631 on: July 30, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »

No brief relaxations to report.  Sad
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #632 on: July 30, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »
« Edited: July 30, 2013, 10:31:54 AM by Torie »

Headed off tomorrow morning with bf in tow to the Castro District in SF for non-PG rated shows, dancing (gonna get some hot new boots for the dance floor today), and certain other aerobic activities, and then down to Santa Cruz for the Cabrillo Music Festival for 3 days (probably run into my  brother from whom I'm estranged there and have not seen since our mother's memorial service about 2 and a half years ago cuz he's a Christopher Rouse groupie, which should be well ... interesting). I'll be back next Tuesday, so the two Boards that I superintend will basically be a free fire zone while I am gone. Have fun! Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #633 on: July 30, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »

Headed off tomorrow morning with bf in tow to the Castro District for non-PG rated shows, dancing, and certain other aerobic activities, and then down to Santa Cruz for the Cabrillo Music Festival for 3 days (probably run into my  brother from whom I'm estranged there and have not seen since our mother's memorial service about 2 and a half years ago cuz he's a Christopher Rouse groupie, which should be well ... interesting). I'll be back next Tuesday, so the two Boards that I superintend will basically be a free fire zone while I am gone. Have fun! Tongue

So your brother is going to get to meet, Memo?  Oh that should be special.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #634 on: July 30, 2013, 10:34:32 AM »

Headed off tomorrow morning with bf in tow to the Castro District for non-PG rated shows, dancing, and certain other aerobic activities, and then down to Santa Cruz for the Cabrillo Music Festival for 3 days (probably run into my  brother from whom I'm estranged there and have not seen since our mother's memorial service about 2 and a half years ago cuz he's a Christopher Rouse groupie, which should be well ... interesting). I'll be back next Tuesday, so the two Boards that I superintend will basically be a free fire zone while I am gone. Have fun! Tongue

So your brother is going to get to meet, Memo?  Oh that should be special.

Memo = Hispanic straight business partner in the doors and windows business (although we have both "procured" as it were for each other as it were from time to time).

Dan = bf

Could you please copy and paste this Grumps and put it in a safe place so that you can regularly refer to it for memory refreshment purposes?  Thanks bro.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #635 on: July 30, 2013, 11:11:50 AM »

Headed off tomorrow morning with bf in tow to the Castro District for non-PG rated shows, dancing, and certain other aerobic activities, and then down to Santa Cruz for the Cabrillo Music Festival for 3 days (probably run into my  brother from whom I'm estranged there and have not seen since our mother's memorial service about 2 and a half years ago cuz he's a Christopher Rouse groupie, which should be well ... interesting). I'll be back next Tuesday, so the two Boards that I superintend will basically be a free fire zone while I am gone. Have fun! Tongue

So your brother is going to get to meet, Memo?  Oh that should be special.

Memo = Hispanic straight business partner in the doors and windows business (although we have both "procured" as it were for each other as it were from time to time).

Dan = bf

Could you please copy and paste this Grumps and put it in a safe place so that you can regularly refer to it for memory refreshment purposes?  Thanks bro.

Done!
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #636 on: July 30, 2013, 12:35:24 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2013, 12:39:15 PM by anvi »

I've been editing papers like a maniac since I returned from my Asia trip.  Adds up to about six philosophy papers for a book I'm co-editing and two science papers on spinal interneurons from my gf's lab.  So, for those of you who wonder why I'm weird, let me assure you that reading papers on philosophy and neuroscience at the same time would, if you were not weird already, get you there but fast.

EDIT:  In the science papers, the authors go into great detail about how they kill and dismember the transgenic mice used in their experiments, and then put the parts they are investigating in various kinds of fluid.  So, it's not like there's no fun in it all.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #637 on: July 30, 2013, 12:39:57 PM »

I've been editing papers like a maniac since I returned from my Asia trip.  Adds up to about six philosophy papers for a book I'm co-editing and two science papers on spinal interneurons from my gf's lab.  So, for those of you who wonder why I'm weird, let me assure you that reading papers on philosophy and neuroscience at the same time would, if you were not weird already, get you there but fast.

EDIT:  In the science papers, the authors go into great detail about how they kill and dismember the transgenic mice used in their experiments, and then put the parts they are investigating in various kinds of fluid.  So, it's not like there's no fun in it all.

Thank you for the lunchtime edit, anvi.  Roll Eyes   Tongue
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #638 on: July 30, 2013, 12:44:46 PM »

Sorry, Grumps.  But, look at the bright side; compared to these mice, after you eat and walk around a little, you get to stay alive.  Smiley
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #639 on: July 30, 2013, 12:45:46 PM »

Sorry, Grumps.  But, look at the bright side; compared to these mice, after you eat and walk around a little, you get to stay alive.  Smiley

I'll try and block it out later with a martini.  Tongue
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:30 PM »

I really, really hate business hotels. And modern cities. And especially business hotels in modern cities, no matter what country they're in.

I do agree with you there - though I'd hardly ever stayed in them much till the last few months. Why were you in a business hotel?

I'm in Japan for six weeks and hadn't planned out this particular section of the trip properly beforehand. I know better now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2013, 02:36:54 PM »

I had major dental work down. My four front teeth have been filed down and replaced. I took a four hour nap afterwards.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2013, 03:10:02 PM »

I'm getting hammered with my last forty ounce Olde English bottle. I got two yesterday. I'm not really into drinking but I have a lot of time to kill by myself these last two days.

Edit: Screaming "Like a Rolling Stone" and "All along the Watchtower" at the top of your lungs and then relaxing to Beethovans "Piano Concerto #5 in E flat major OP. 73 "Emperor" is the most awesome thing you can do.

Congratulations. Smiley And I like Jimi's version of "Watchtower better.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #643 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:26 AM »

It's holiday season and I had a free day so I decided to visit parts of my hometown that I am not very familiar with. I focused on the west of the city and went from the neighborhoods where urban hipsters live and meet to a district which is largely inhabited by people of the working and lower middle classes. In other words (and since this is a politics forum), I travelled from a place with the following voting patterns

Social Democrats: 34%
Swiss People's Party: 11%
Free Democratic Party: 6.5%
Green Party: 16%
Green Liberal Party: 12%
Christian Democratic Party: 4.5%
(Left) Alternative Party: 13%
Evangelical People's Party: 1%
Swiss Democrats: 1.5%
(approximate ratio between center left and center right: 2:1)

to a part of town which votes this way:

Social Democrats: 29%
Swiss People's Party: 25.5%
Free Democratic Party: 11%
Green Party: 8%
Green Liberal Party: 8%
Christian Democratic Party: 7%
(Left) Alternative Party: 2.5%
Evangelical People's Party: 5%
Swiss Democrats: 3.5%
(approximate ratio between center left and center right: 1:1)

Source: Results of the 2010 municipal elections
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #644 on: August 01, 2013, 07:11:53 AM »

Ha Ha HA!  My luck strikes again!  Fellows the last two weeks I've been very down as an overdue research of mine was weighing heavily, with some threats and forboding..  finally what I turned in was, though not considered 'bad', was not fitting the parameters of the project.  SO, though I had to pay back the initial money (just $800 or so), the powers that be (dean and vice-dean) moved on immediately and with bright friendliness, and a list of several special high-profile duties (such as moderator and presenter at two upcoming conferences), and 2-3 joint research ideas.

So the point is boys - all undeserving, I'm still sitting pretty.

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #645 on: August 01, 2013, 07:20:44 AM »

No work today, or if there is it's delayed. May be going kayaking later.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #646 on: August 01, 2013, 08:27:42 AM »

It's holiday season and I had a free day so I decided to visit parts of my hometown that I am not very familiar with. I focused on the west of the city and went from the neighborhoods where urban hipsters live and meet to a district which is largely inhabited by people of the working and lower middle classes. In other words (and since this is a politics forum), I travelled from a place with the following voting patterns

So the 2nd part of town is more working class/religious and the 1st part is more urban professional?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #647 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:25 AM »

Ha Ha HA!  My luck strikes again!  Fellows the last two weeks I've been very down as an overdue research of mine was weighing heavily, with some threats and forboding..  finally what I turned in was, though not considered 'bad', was not fitting the parameters of the project.  SO, though I had to pay back the initial money (just $800 or so), the powers that be (dean and vice-dean) moved on immediately and with bright friendliness, and a list of several special high-profile duties (such as moderator and presenter at two upcoming conferences), and 2-3 joint research ideas.

So the point is boys - all undeserving, I'm still sitting pretty.

You are a master Lazy, opebo!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #648 on: August 02, 2013, 10:15:12 AM »

Today is my last day of work. I'm not sure if I will work at the other branch of their firm part time during school or not, but I will have 2 weeks off before school starts and before I take the MPRE. I'm not sure I want to work for the mob during school, but I'm not sure I have a choice...
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #649 on: August 02, 2013, 10:22:26 AM »

So the 2nd part of town is more working class/religious and the 1st part is more urban professional?

Yes, that summarizes it nicely. People with a comparatively low income tend to support the right-leaning parties to a greater extent.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 44  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies