Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:10:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80
Author Topic: Update Season VIII - "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!"  (Read 167190 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: June 18, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel.  That is common practice.  He has a temporary shelter and we'll get his permanent shelter before the end of the week.  Politicus is providing a voice of reason, yet you are ignoring her because it doesn't accuse me of being a horrible pet owner.  You guys don't provide the voices of reason.  All you do is attack, attack, attack, insult, attack, insult, attack.  That's not the voice of reason.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #676 on: June 18, 2013, 10:58:52 AM »

Bushie resulting to childlike tactics again when he knows he's wrong but he's afraid to admit it.

Anyway, not surprising. Bushie is about as mature as I was when I was 12 and is even less responsible.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #677 on: June 18, 2013, 10:59:53 AM »

Bushie resulting to childlike tactics again when he knows he's wrong but he's afraid to admit it.

Anyway, not surprising. Bushie is about as mature as I was when I was 12 and is even less responsible.

I'm not resorting to childlike tactics.  I'm telling the truth about this forum.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #678 on: June 18, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel.  That is common practice.  He has a temporary shelter and we'll get his permanent shelter before the end of the week.  Politicus is providing a voice of reason, yet you are ignoring her because it doesn't accuse me of being a horrible pet owner.  You guys don't provide the voices of reason.  All you do is attack, attack, attack, insult, attack, insult, attack.  That's not the voice of reason.

A dog can live outside, yes, but this is a puppy, i.e. it's a baby. You don't leave little puppies outside alone in all of the elements. I'm glad you're feeding him and nursing him back to health, but it has taken far too long for you all to get him the shelter he so desperately needs. It's hard for an animal like that to live outside at that age without its mother or something else. You have to remember dog's are domesticated now. They aren't wild animals.

Instead of being mature and reasonable, you're playing kid games. It's just amazing.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #679 on: June 18, 2013, 11:03:06 AM »

I'm not resorting to childlike tactics.  I'm telling the truth about this forum.

"I'm right, you're wrong!" Yeah, you've definitely been right about everything over the advice of this forum, yes. Of course.

You do know it's incredibly frustrating to watch someone like you, who most of us actually do care about, do what you do? And please, don't tell me I shouldn't care. I have become invested in your story. If you didn't want people to care, you shouldn't even be here.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #680 on: June 18, 2013, 11:03:40 AM »

Leaving the dog outside is not cruel.  That is common practice.  He has a temporary shelter and we'll get his permanent shelter before the end of the week.  Politicus is providing a voice of reason, yet you are ignoring her because it doesn't accuse me of being a horrible pet owner.  You guys don't provide the voices of reason.  All you do is attack, attack, attack, insult, attack, insult, attack.  That's not the voice of reason.

First of all, it's hilarious for you to chide people for ignoring someone's "voice of reason."

As for it being "common practice" sure that may be true but it doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing to do. Do a quick Google search for "leaving dogs outside permanently" and you'll get some of these links (which I do recommend reading):

http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-behavior/it-ok-leave-dog-outside-all-time

http://forums.webmd.com/3/pet-health-exchange/forum/1585

http://www.rspca.org.uk/allaboutanimals/pets/dogs/environment/livingoutside

http://members.petfinder.com/~NC471/outsidedogs.htm

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_leaving_a_dog_tied_up_outside_all_the_time_animal_abuse

And if you're not OK with our "voices of reason" and think we just "attack" and "insult" then why don't you stop this "Update" charade?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #681 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:53 AM »

A dog can live outside, yes, but this is a puppy, i.e. it's a baby. You don't leave little puppies outside alone in all of the elements. I'm glad you're feeding him and nursing him back to health, but it has taken far too long for you all to get him the shelter he so desperately needs. It's hard for an animal like that to live outside at that age without its mother or something else. You have to remember dog's are domesticated now. They aren't wild animals.

Instead of being mature and reasonable, you're playing kid games. It's just amazing.

Be quiet.  All you are trying to do is make me feel guilty and ruin my days ahead of a fun trip.  I refuse to me made to feel guilty.  We are treating this dog well.  [/conversation].
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #682 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »

This conversation is pointless.  I win, you lose.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #683 on: June 18, 2013, 11:06:51 AM »

Politicus is providing a voice of reason, yet you are ignoring her because it doesn't accuse me of being a horrible pet owner. 

Politicus is suggesting the bare minimum you must do......I very much doubt she thinks it's fine for a puppy who can't survive on its own to be left outside 24/7.  If she does then I'd suggest she's wrong.

It is not common to leave a puppy outisde....

You and mom can hop in the car and get a dog house today.  Dad will still pay for it since Mom's buying it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #684 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

"I'm right, you're wrong!" Yeah, you've definitely been right about everything over the advice of this forum, yes. Of course.

You do know it's incredibly frustrating to watch someone like you, who most of us actually do care about, do what you do? And please, don't tell me I shouldn't care. I have become invested in your story. If you didn't want people to care, you shouldn't even be here.

This conversation is becoming heated for absolutely no reason.  You've done a nice job of ruining my attitude.  Congratulations.  I've got to step away from the Update for a few minutes and pack my carry on.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #685 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:33 AM »

Be quiet.  All you are trying to do is make me feel guilty and ruin my days ahead of a fun trip.  I refuse to me made to feel guilty.  We are treating this dog well.  [/conversation].

Yea, that's it. It's all about you...

So you aren't going to read any of those links I assume? Or even do some more research on the matter?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #686 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:23 AM »

This conversation is becoming heated for absolutely no reason.  You've done a nice job of ruining my attitude.  Congratulations.  I've got to step away from the Update for a few minutes and pack my carry on.

This has become "heated" because there is a life other than your own involved.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #687 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:34 AM »

And yes, I am out for blood today, and I am not sorry for it, because Bushie's childish behavior is now effecting the life of someone else.

I am happy that he feels he is always right, and we are always wrong, but we are not the ones living in a trailer with our parents, spending our days napping and stuffing our faces with all kinds of crap while we have our dad do everything for us, the poor man.

I also don't appreciate his attitude today. I merely said that, in order to care for this dog, you need to do X X and X. Bushie then switches into hardcore kid mode, plugs his fingers in his ears and starts screaming he's right and I'm wrong.

Unbelievable, amirite? This guy can't be serious. I am sure now he will tell me I am going to ruin his day or something by pointing this crap out.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #688 on: June 18, 2013, 11:08:44 AM »

If I were Bushie's neighbor and saw that pup out 24/7 I'd call a shelter or animal control officer.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #689 on: June 18, 2013, 11:20:33 AM »

I've got to step away from the Update for a few minutes and pack my carry on.

I remember when my daughter was in her early teens and she'd get pissed about whatever the disagreement of the day was, and she'd run in her room and slam her door shut.

I see Bushie doing that.

Of course I can't take Bushie's door of the hinges like I did my daughter's door.......sadly.

(Oh, and pro-tip if you have a teenage daughter who likes to slam doors (or eventually have one) - taking away the door and her privacy is like a knife through their heart Smiley  )
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #690 on: June 18, 2013, 11:38:33 AM »

Guys the dog can go lay under a bush or in the forest, or under a porch, or whatnot.  We had dogs all through my youth and not a one of them was allowed in the house.  I suppose we did have doghouses but that is more for the winter, not the summertime.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #691 on: June 18, 2013, 12:31:32 PM »

Things are okay now.  I just packed my carry on.  Mom and I will probably go to Petsmart and look for a dog house.  Depending on how big it is, we may go ahead and get it and put it together this evening (if it requires assembly).  We've only got my small Sentra, so we won't be able to transport an already-assembled house.  If we find one, we'll send Dad after it with his Jimmy tomorrow and set it up before I leave.  At least for right now, the dog has a temporary shelter from the heat.  Plus, as opie mentioned, dogs are very resourceful by nature, so he can find his own shelter where he likes to lay the best.  Plus, our front porch is pretty shaded as it is as it has a roof that covers the entire span of the floor.  It's not screened in, but it is covered.  It's usually about 5 degrees cooler on the porch than the rest of the open yard.

EDIT: I just talked to Dad and he will take Jimmy tomorrow and get a dog house and have it set up tomorrow evening before I get home from church.  It's not supposed to get hot until Thursday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: June 18, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »

If I were Bushie's neighbor and saw that pup out 24/7 I'd call a shelter or animal control officer.

Don't some forumites know his address? One of us ought to do it.

There's no need to call a shelter for something that a lot of pet owners do.  They are likely to just laugh and move on.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #693 on: June 18, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »

Plus, it's common courtesy not to be a busybody in another man's matters.  I wouldn't call the authorities on any forumite, so I expect the same respect.  I know I share a lot more than I should, but still that aside, if someone else were doing that, I would not be a busybody in someone else's problem.  If someone around my neighborhood thinks something is wrong, they would call it.  For a stranger hundreds of miles away to call an animal shelter would look way too suspicious for it to be credible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #694 on: June 18, 2013, 12:56:59 PM »

Guys, ever thought his parents are stalling on the doghouse because J.J. is going to "run away" again when Bushie is Kenya?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #695 on: June 18, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »

Guys, ever thought his parents are stalling on the doghouse because J.J. is going to "run away" again when Bushie is Kenya?

haha.  reminds me of the raymond carver story where a jealous husband/father drops off the family dog because it is getting too much attention.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #696 on: June 18, 2013, 01:03:43 PM »

it's common courtesy not to be a busybody in another man's matters.

One thing these threads should've taught you Bushie is not to expect common courtesy from these forum know-it-alls.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #697 on: June 18, 2013, 01:11:13 PM »

We're leaving in just about 5 minutes to look at a dog house that Dad will purchase tomorrow.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #698 on: June 18, 2013, 01:22:40 PM »

What the heck is wrong with keeping a cat and dog inside the house together?!  You do know that dogs - especially puppies - can go through this wonderful program called 'training'?

"Well dogs and cats always fight each other in cartoons and that common saying, so therefore we HAVE to separate them at all times!"
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #699 on: June 18, 2013, 01:25:23 PM »

What the heck is wrong with keeping a cat and dog inside the house together?!  You do know that dogs - especially puppies - can go through this wonderful program called 'training'?

Its filthy enough in there already with a cat, they don't want to add a dog.  Personally I would suggest tossing the cat outside before I'd recommend bringing the hound inside.

Animals are bad for you with all that hair and dirt.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 80  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies