Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:14:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 77
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread  (Read 129652 times)
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #475 on: February 19, 2019, 01:31:47 PM »

The level of surprise and anger among some red avatars at Sanders running is very surprising to me.  In 2016, I was happy about pretty much every Republican candidate entering the race (with the possible exceptions of Trump and Pataki).  Heck, I'm happy that Weld entered because it makes things more interesting!
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #476 on: February 19, 2019, 01:32:47 PM »

The level of surprise and anger among some red avatars at Sanders running is very surprising to me.  In 2016, I was happy about pretty much every Republican candidate entering the race (with the possible exceptions of Trump and Pataki).  Heck, I'm happy that Weld entered because it makes things more interesting!
You see, Bernie is a threat to their neoliberal ways, so they instead smear him with attacks that would instantly be ignored against any other Democrat.

It seems like Atlas red avatars hate Bernie more than Atlas blue avatars.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #477 on: February 19, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »

Even though he will certain exceed Santorum's 2016 performance, I will struggle to see why he has any better shot than Santorum 2016 at becoming the presumptive nominee. The whole thing is a sideshow distraction. The more we talk about him, the less we talk about how terrible Harris is compared to the rest of the real candidates.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #478 on: February 19, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »

No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #479 on: February 19, 2019, 01:38:49 PM »

Even though he will certain exceed Santorum's 2016 performance, I will struggle to think he has any better shot than Santorum 2016 at becoming the presumptive nominee. The whole thing is a sideshow distraction. The more we talk about him, the less we talk about how terrible Harris is compared to the rest of the real candidates.

More fundraising than any candidate in history, — “sideshow distraction”.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #480 on: February 19, 2019, 01:39:34 PM »

Do you realize how disingenuous the argument you’re trying to make is? Or do you actually believe it yourself? When they say we should compete in more places due to Bernie’s unique appeal, do you actually expect Bernie to spend the last week of the campaign in Oklahoma or something?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he did that. For Oklahoma to even be on a list of targets is delusional itself.

It just says "some in the Sanders camp." And mostly referring to Iowa and Ohio.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.

So they said what they said but didn't really mean what they said? Glad you are clairvoyant enough to see the backstage three dimensional chess. For such Republican states to even be mentioned as targets is ridiculous.

Hi, I’m Kendra Horn. Nice to meet you!

kendra proves ok is a tossup in 2020, only Bernie is woke and smart enough to realize this
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #481 on: February 19, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »

The amount of hate from the "faux left" is hilarious. Keep showing your true colours, corporate shills.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #482 on: February 19, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »

Do you realize how disingenuous the argument you’re trying to make is? Or do you actually believe it yourself? When they say we should compete in more places due to Bernie’s unique appeal, do you actually expect Bernie to spend the last week of the campaign in Oklahoma or something?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if he did that. For Oklahoma to even be on a list of targets is delusional itself.

Its a big stretch to go from that to believing that Sanders will be in Oklahoma in October 2020.

So they said what they said but didn't really mean what they said? Glad you are clairvoyant enough to see the backstage three dimensional chess. For such Republican states to even be mentioned as targets is ridiculous.

kendra proves ok is a tossup in 2020, only Bernie is woke and smart enough to realize this

Cause that’s what I’m talking about, not downballot races.

My God you people are disingenuous with your attacks, just like your President.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #483 on: February 19, 2019, 01:42:32 PM »

Cause that’s what I’m talking about, not downballot races.

My God you people are disingenuous with your attacks, just like your President.

Actually if we’re talking about downballot we should probably nominate Bloomberg. He’s probably the main reason Kendra’s in Washington right now

Comstock’s my President. Don’t assume. It makes an ass out of u.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #484 on: February 19, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

Bernie blows Harris (the "presumptive" nominee) out of the water on donations in the first 24 hours. I'm sure atlas will keep on telling me that he still has no following.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #485 on: February 19, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »

Even though he will certain exceed Santorum's 2016 performance, I will struggle to think he has any better shot than Santorum 2016 at becoming the presumptive nominee. The whole thing is a sideshow distraction. The more we talk about him, the less we talk about how terrible Harris is compared to the rest of the real candidates.

More fundraising than any candidate in history, — “sideshow distraction”.

Bernie has no chance of becoming president. I have nothing to be afraid of. Shorting him and longing Trump as the nominees was easy money in 2016. Some things never change. Thank you based superdelegates!

Bernie blows Harris (the "presumptive" nominee) out of the water on donations in the first 24 hours. I'm sure atlas will keep on telling me that he still has no following.

Glad to hear so we don't have to hear otherwise sane people talk about this meaningless statistic the rest of the campaign season.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #486 on: February 19, 2019, 01:44:42 PM »

The amount of hate from the "faux left" is hilarious. Keep showing your true colours, corporate shills.

I wish I got paid for this.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #487 on: February 19, 2019, 01:46:36 PM »

In the first 4 hours*.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #488 on: February 19, 2019, 01:47:32 PM »

Such a nice break from when Hillary struggled to fill the janitors closet during her campaign events

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #489 on: February 19, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 01:58:03 PM by JA »

The level of surprise and anger among some red avatars at Sanders running is very surprising to me.  In 2016, I was happy about pretty much every Republican candidate entering the race (with the possible exceptions of Trump and Pataki).  Heck, I'm happy that Weld entered because it makes things more interesting!
You see, Bernie is a threat to their neoliberal ways, so they instead smear him with attacks that would instantly be ignored against any other Democrat.

It seems like Atlas red avatars hate Bernie more than Atlas blue avatars.

Republicans aren't too concerned about any Democratic candidate at the moment. The right-wing propaganda machine will start to rev up once it becomes clearer who the likely nominees are.

Right now, this is potentially developing into an intra-party civil war similar to what happened when Jeremy Corbyn was voted leader of Labour. Labour's Blairite faction have now officially seperated and are seeking to become what will amount to no more than a spoiler party that they know (and are fine with) will result in the re-election of the Tories. The primary aim of these people here, just like in the UK, has been to control the center-left party and use it as a bulwark against left-wing activism that'll threaten capitalist/elite interests. They were fine channeling left-wing anger into votes for Labour candidates who'd do nothing for workers interests, just like the Democratic Party establishment does. Now that no longer works and the political system is beginning to fracture.

The fact is that, like Corbyn's ascension to leadership, if Bernie wins then him and his supporters will have to wrestle control of the institution away from the current leadership, which is backed by the donor class (i.e. capitalists/elites and their allies). The Democratic Party has been full of too many contradictions and conflicting interests for too long; now, that's all coming to the surface. And Bernie won't have as easy of a path to seizing the institutions of the Democratic Party as Trump did with the GOP.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #490 on: February 19, 2019, 01:55:32 PM »

I get the same sense of entitlement from the Bernie crowd as I got from Hillary in 2016.

He deserves and shall be the nominee! Off with the corporate whores shills!
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #491 on: February 19, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

Bernie once again trying to court the elusive "White working class" is exactly why he lost the primary in 2016 not because it was rigged.

Focusing on predominantly White and very rural states and not focusing on the base of Democratic Party combined with the fact that there are much more candidates running is exactly why Bernie's campaign will fail just like it did in 2016.

I can't wait to never have to here about Bernie Sanders ever again. It will be a blessing!
You neoliberal war monger corporatist big pharma whore!

Tongue
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »

Dems spitting on the white working class is exactly why they lost in 2016. Funny, Obama (who all the neolib, "faux left" love) was able to win a good chunk of them both times he ran.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2019, 02:52:18 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

It’s ALL OVER Facebook, and Bernie is smashing records left and right.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

Even the Anti-Bernie crowd has to admit no candidate in history has had so much excitement over their announcement.

I love Sanders but someone as terrible as you being so enthusiastic for him is turning me off and making me ashamed of my support.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #496 on: February 19, 2019, 03:01:47 PM »

I wish he stayed out, but don't think he is likely to win the nomination. Obviously I'd support him as nominee, because he's still way better than Trump or Pence.

Why I think he should not the nominee and president, is, among other things, because
- he is too old to be president, starting at 79 (two years more than Ronnie when he left)
- too polarizing, thus risking another Trump win. Sure, Sanders has a devoted base of support, but he has to win some moderate liberals, too.
- he handled his 2016 defeat not so well, even though the DNC threated him not fair
- as president, he wouldn't get much done for a lack of pragmatism or some things are not possible. His foreign policy and the likely (further) explosion of the debt are concerning.
- His protectionism would hurt the economy more than it helps.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #497 on: February 19, 2019, 03:03:59 PM »

I love Sanders but someone as terrible as you being so enthusiastic for him is turning me off and making me ashamed of my support.

Alright? And I care, cause?  Tears of joy

If you’re that weak and feeble minded, I think Bernie is better off without your support.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #498 on: February 19, 2019, 03:07:09 PM »

I recall Obama's announcement being much more exciting, lol.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #499 on: February 19, 2019, 03:08:10 PM »

I recall Obama's announcement being much more exciting, lol.

Perhaps in person, but social media wasn’t nearly as big a deal back then — so it wasn’t possible for things to explode or go viral like this.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies