Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:53:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 118242 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2016, 05:42:14 PM »

Met Rubio today at his rally in Sanford, Florida! A lot of Hispanics at his rally too
Is he still a midget?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:29 PM »

Met Rubio today at his rally in Sanford, Florida! A lot of Hispanics at his rally too
Is he still a midget?

I'm 6' 1" so compared to his 5' 10" yes.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:18 PM »

Just donated to the Bernie campaign. I realized it's a bit hypocritical for me to act all excited and everything when I haven't been contributing in any way. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it's better than nothing.

I don't get how you guys are throwing away your money like this. Is donating to a campaign a real thing? How do you pay for booze, gas, and groceries?

Well, obviously I'm pretty lucky with my financial situation right now, and I've done a decent job at saving (which is good because my income will go down by a lot next year). I feel like I can afford to sacrifice a little bit for a campaign I believe in.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2016, 07:46:42 PM »

I have a long drive to Miami tomorrow, but the free debate and pre-debate reception will be worth it.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:54 AM »

Seeing all of my semester school friends go home for spring break doesn't help my motivation to study for finals.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »

Making my first post from my new laptop! Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2016, 11:09:33 PM »

Honestly considering getting sleeping pills, my sleeping pattern has been awful lately. Hopefully it will pick up when I go home
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2016, 02:49:59 AM »

Honestly considering getting sleeping pills, my sleeping pattern has been awful lately. Hopefully it will pick up when I go home

Sleeping pills aren't worth the side effects in my experience, but maybe your brain chemistry will handle them better than mine.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:33 AM »

Sleeping pills aren't worth the side effects in my experience, but maybe your brain chemistry will handle them better than mine.

I've heard that they shouldn't be used as a short term thing so I'll probably give them a pass
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2016, 03:00:42 PM »

Just donated to the Bernie campaign. I realized it's a bit hypocritical for me to act all excited and everything when I haven't been contributing in any way. Obviously it's not a big deal, but it's better than nothing.

Is that legal?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:07 PM »

Was driving past the polling place the other day and saw some old guys crazily waving Trump signs at cars, so I slowed down and stuck my tongue out at him while giving thumbs down and he got real serious and spit on my car Cheesy

In his defense, my area, or at least my neighborhood, seems to be pretty anti-Trump so he may have gotten sh**t on a regular basis and just got fed up, but still. I find something about spitting very distasteful. It's not like I flipped him off or anything.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »

Is that legal?

I haven't seen anything that would suggest otherwise. Should I be worried?!?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2016, 03:45:08 PM »

Is that legal?

I assume you're not a US citizen. Unless you hold a green card (do you?) you're going to get Bernie sent to jail for campaign finance violations.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »

Is that legal?

I assume you're not a US citizen. Unless you hold a green card (do you?) you're going to get Bernie sent to jail for campaign finance violations.

Seriously though, can I get in trouble? No, I don't have a green card.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »

Is that legal?

I don't know. Most likely there won't be any consequences for you but the FEC's already investigating the Sanders campaign for accepting illegal foreign donations - you should definitely contact the campaign and explain so they can cancel your donation.

e: The FEC sez

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Obviously they're not actually going to go after you for donating $20 or whatever but, yeah, contact the Sanders camp and get a refund to be on the safe side.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2016, 04:03:22 PM »

I swear these people they're sending here - they're criminals; they're rapists; they're murderers; they're serial campaign contribution law violators, - and some, I assume are good people.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:39 PM »

Attempting to sell a short story to an online science fiction magazine.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »

I look forward to PRESIDENT TRUMP deporting all immigrants who have broken federal election law.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2016, 04:43:25 PM »

Attempting to sell a short story to an online science fiction magazine.

I had one published last year.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:03 PM »

Is that legal?

I don't know. Most likely there won't be any consequences for you but the FEC's already investigating the Sanders campaign for accepting illegal foreign donations - you should definitely contact the campaign and explain so they can cancel your donation.

Obviously they're not actually going to go after you for donating $20 or whatever but, yeah, contact the Sanders camp and get a refund to be on the safe side.

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

It's definitely pretty f**king irresponsible for them not to even include an "Are you a US citizen?" question in the form you have to fill.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »

Is that legal?

Will do. Thanks for the tip.

It's definitely pretty f**king irresponsible for them not to even include an "Are you a US citizen?" question in the form you have to fill.

This should be a no-brainer. Us Americans don't go around donating to political campaigns in the UK.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »

This isn't surprising, given that the Sanders campaign is predominantly made up of low information voters.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2016, 06:00:00 PM »

How long on until poor Tony is cast as a malicious Franco-Italiamn Fifth Column by a right-wing rag? Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2016, 06:56:14 PM »

So I was able to email the third-party website I made my donation through, and they'll give me a refund. That should settle everything, if I understand correctly. I'm so relieved.

So yeah, I'm an idiot. I've learned my lesson and from now on I'll be very careful.

Thanks to people who have been helpful, and the assholes can go f**k themselves.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2016, 07:03:24 PM »

This isn't surprising, given that the Sanders campaign is predominantly made up of low information voters.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies