The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:36:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 86
Author Topic: The Oldiesfreak Deluge of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts III  (Read 210587 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: September 02, 2013, 01:05:35 PM »

The menu is prime rib and au jus and yorkshire puddings and cheesy potato hotdish and roasted root vegetables like every year.  Please join us.

I appreciate the invite Snow guy Purple heart but with all due respect that meal sounds terrible
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #551 on: September 02, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »

Belongs in this thread because I don't know what kind of a person 'enthusiastically' supports war.  I don't care if it's just or not.  Heck, I wouldn't even classify my support of US intervention in World War II as 'enthusiastic.'
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #552 on: September 02, 2013, 02:33:45 PM »

Belongs in this thread because I don't know what kind of a person 'enthusiastically' supports war.  I don't care if it's just or not.  Heck, I wouldn't even classify my support of US intervention in World War II as 'enthusiastic.'

I don't see anything "absurd" about enthusiastically supporting a just war.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #553 on: September 02, 2013, 02:51:29 PM »

Enthusiasm about war is definitely creepy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2013, 03:48:13 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2013, 04:01:15 PM »

I don't see anything "absurd" about enthusiastically supporting a just war.

War is meant to be a last resort to solve a conflict, not something to be enthusiastic about.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »

Scott, honestly, I think you're a nice guy in real life. But with Syria, and like Antonio, you're boring. Stop being a hippi "oh my god war is bad". Maybe using chemical weapons eh? So honestly, you have the right to be opposed to an intervention, but a man supporting enthusiastically this intervention shall be respected and not being considered as "absurd".

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »

Scott, honestly, I think you're a nice guy in real life. But with Syria, and like Antonio, you're boring. Stop being a hippi "oh my god war is bad". Maybe using chemical weapons eh? So honestly, you have the right to be opposed to an intervention, but a man supporting enthusiastically this intervention shall be respected and not being considered as "absurd".

For someone calling others extremist, you're quite blasé about going off to kill people. You don't have to be a hippy to regret, although ultimately support, warfare. War is bad, the only real question is whether the alternative is worse.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #558 on: September 02, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »

Stop thinking war is bad?  Well, as a Christian and someone who generally prefers diplomacy to force, I cannot entertain the notion of it being good.  Just?  Practical?  Maybe.  But never good.  If Ben supports military intervention because he thinks it's just, then fine, but enthusiastically supporting anything that involves bombing people or nations just strikes me as odd.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #559 on: September 02, 2013, 04:58:07 PM »

Stop thinking war is bad?  Well, as a Christian and someone who generally prefers diplomacy to force, I cannot entertain the notion of it being good.  Just?  Practical?  Maybe.  But never good.  If Ben supports military intervention because he thinks it's just, then fine, but enthusiastically supporting anything that involves bombing people or nations just strikes me as odd.

Don't use your faith as an argument. I could say: "As a christian, I have to help other people. So I have to help syrian rebels in order to prevent an another chemical attack".

For someone calling others extremist, you're quite blasé about going off to kill people. You don't have to be a hippy to regret, although ultimately support, warfare. War is bad, the only real question is whether the alternative is worse.

Meh, supporting war is extremist? For someone who calls other people "extremist", strangely, I think it's not the case of Ben Smiley.

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #560 on: September 02, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »

Don't use your faith as an argument. I could say: "As a christian, I have to help other people. So I have to help syrian rebels in order to prevent an another chemical attack".

Uh, I wasn't using it as an argument.  I'm just citing one of the reasons I lean against war in situations like the one in Syria.

And for the record, I personally think that Jesus would prefer diplomacy to killing people in these situations, but that's just a hunch.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #561 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:36 PM »

Meh, supporting war is extremist? For someone who calls other people "extremist", strangely, I think it's not the case of Ben Smiley.

Enthusiasm =/= support.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #562 on: September 02, 2013, 05:07:15 PM »

Uh, I wasn't using it as an argument.  I'm just citing one of the reasons I lean against war in situations like the one in Syria.

And for the record, I personally think that Jesus would prefer diplomacy to killing people in these situations, but that's just a hunch.
If you prefer "reason" instead of "argument", as you want.
Yes you're right, that's why he would never let children syrian to die because of a chemical attack Wink.  And I would like to see how you would use diplomacy with Bachar el Assad, I think it could be interesting Smiley.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #563 on: September 02, 2013, 05:10:47 PM »

There is a clear difference between the two.  I know English probably isn't your first language, though, so I'll let it slide.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jesus wouldn't let children die, but that doesn't necessarily mean He'd use military force to fight that injustice.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #564 on: September 02, 2013, 05:12:54 PM »

There is a clear difference between the two.  I know English probably isn't your first language, though, so I'll let it slide.

Jesus wouldn't let children die, but that doesn't necessarily mean He'd use military force to fight that injustice.

Yes, sorry my english is far to be perfect but I hope I'm progressing.

You don't answer my other question: And I would like to see how you would use diplomacy with Bachar el Assad, I think it could be interesting
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #565 on: September 02, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »

Yes, sorry my english is far to be perfect but I hope I'm progressing.

You don't answer my other question: And I would like to see how you would use diplomacy with Bachar el Assad, I think it could be interesting

I'm not schooled in diplomacy, so I can't help you much on that.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #566 on: September 02, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »

But what would you like to do about Syria? Do clearly nothing or you have a Plan B?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #567 on: September 02, 2013, 05:20:47 PM »

Can you all take this discussion somewhere else?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #568 on: September 03, 2013, 02:04:20 PM »

As someone who reads Jay Carney's lies and drivel daily, I find this absurd, ignorant, and bad

Listening to Jay Carney for a while gives you little reason to read Lief's posts.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #569 on: September 03, 2013, 05:49:01 PM »

The Christians of Syria. Both the rebels (Muslim Brotherhood) and Assad (dirty rotten dictator) used WMD's

BUT WHAT ABOUT TEH CHRISTIANS
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #570 on: September 03, 2013, 05:56:05 PM »

The Christians of Syria. Both the rebels (Muslim Brotherhood) and Assad (dirty rotten dictator) used WMD's

BUT WHAT ABOUT TEH CHRISTIANS

Wonderfully ironic given the relative security offered by the regime to Syrian Christians.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #571 on: September 03, 2013, 06:25:01 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=178693.0
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #572 on: September 03, 2013, 08:45:41 PM »

As someone who reads Jay Carney's lies and drivel daily, I find this absurd, ignorant, and bad

Listening to Jay Carney for a while gives you little reason to read Lief's posts.

I wish Jay Carney had the sarcasm and humor of Lief... or even pbrower.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #573 on: September 04, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »

I wish Jay Carney had the sarcasm and humor of Lief... or even pbrower.

Ouch!
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #574 on: September 04, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »

Van Badham's probably just envious that no-one thinks that she's attractive. On the other hand, I don't think one can deny that Mr Abbott's daughters are very pretty.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies