Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:25:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 71
Author Topic: Bushie: The Final Frontier - Update Season V  (Read 130555 times)
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: March 02, 2013, 01:50:45 PM »

He caused the Update to be locked because he was being a major dick, moreso than the other major dicks.

Bushie locked the thread cause he couldn't take the heat. If that's the case, he shouldn't start any more threads if he just wants to hear an echo. Inks wasn't out of line.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1176 on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2013, 05:00:30 PM by Torie »

He caused the Update to be locked because he was being a major dick, moreso than the other major dicks.

Be that as it may, and Inks clearly was in a bad mood at that moment, and his comment was somewhat off the mark substantively as I noted there at the time, it is Jeff who chose to deal with it the way he did, and for that Inks does not deserve "the blame." There are other ways for adults to handle this you know, like PM's and the like - sent after things have cooled off a bit. Or, yes I know, maybe whimpy or something to some, just suck it up, and say well, I am sorry you feel that way, and move on. Why make so complicated what is so inherently simple?

Yes, I know, ftr, that you were engaging in hyperbole (but no death points!). But fanning Inksaphobia or whatever is not the way to improve matters - or calm the roiled seas. Don't you agree Grumps? Smiley

I might add that I have been pretty tough on Jeff as well, rather skewering him actually. He could easily have shut down his thread for the time being due to my act. I suspect I made Jeff "bleed" far   more than anything Inks did. Heck, I flat out called him a liar for one thing over something. Inks being the coup de grace was probably just a coincidence - or the straw that broke the camel's back.

The odds are high anyway, as others have noted, that Jeff will reopen his thread in very short order (he's an addict about this too, and loves the attention), to the pleasure of many, and the chagrin of a substantial plurality, or so it appears.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1177 on: March 02, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »

Yes, I know, ftr, that you were engaging in hyperbole (but no death points!). But fanning Inksaphobia or whatever is not the way to improve matters - or calm the roiled seas. Don't you agree Grumps? Smiley

No, I meant it.  There's a way to say what Inks was saying.......he was just being a dick.  He'll admit it, ask him.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1178 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:41 PM »

I said he was in a bad mood. Why twist the knife?  But my point is that I want to claim as much "credit," or accept as much blame, as Inks, for Bushie bailing for the moment, leaving his fans bored. That I guess is what I am saying. Inks is a relative  amateur when it comes to turning up the heat, and I am the pro as it were.   Smiley
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1179 on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »

My reason for wanting a further update from Bushie is that I'd like to hear his thoughts on the Kenyan election.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #1180 on: March 02, 2013, 07:26:09 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2013, 07:31:52 PM by Inks.LWC Supports Chuck Hagel »

The limit is $2,000 posts, not 1,000.

EDIT: Oh - he actually did lock it because of me.  I thought he locked it because of the post limit.

No - I wasn't "just being a dick."  I find Jeff's actions to truly be deplorable.  He's been scamming his parents for years, even if they're ok with it, but now he's moving on to what could very well be potentially bank fraud.  If pointing that out makes me a dick, then I'm a dick.

But if it leads to Jeff realizing that what he's doing is not only wrong, but possibly criminal, then my goal was accomplished, and he will have stopped himself from making a huge mistake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1181 on: March 02, 2013, 07:32:06 PM »

$2,000 posts?  My posts aren't worth that much. Tongue

I was having somewhat of a bad day myself today.  I do reserve the right to reopen the thread at my discretion.  We'll see.  I think it would do everyone some good to cool down and talk about other things.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1182 on: March 02, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »

The limit is $2,000 posts, not 1,000.

EDIT: Oh - he actually did lock it because of me.  I thought he locked it because of the post limit.

No - I wasn't "just being a dick."  I find Jeff's actions to truly be deplorable.  He's been scamming his parents for years, even if they're ok with it, but now he's moving on to what could very well be potentially bank fraud.  If pointing that out makes me a dick, then I'm a dick.

But if it leads to Jeff realizing that what he's doing is not only wrong, but possibly criminal, then my goal was accomplished, and he will have stopped himself from making a huge mistake.

Funny you put a $ in front of that because that's more than BOK's net worth.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1183 on: March 02, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »

$2,000 posts?  My posts aren't worth that much. Tongue

I was having somewhat of a bad day myself today.  I do reserve the right to reopen the thread at my discretion.  We'll see.  I think it would do everyone some good to cool down and talk about other things.

I've always been cooled down.  Your Update threads don't make me angry... I just think that for a self-proclaimed "Bible thumper", you make a lot of unethical decision even after it's pointed out that they're unethical.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1184 on: March 02, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »

Inks I don't get the criminal bit (other the NZ scam maybe way back when, as to which I paid little attention, and don't know much about). In the latest "episodes," I saw nothing of a criminal nature myself, unless I missed something.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1185 on: March 02, 2013, 07:53:06 PM »

He didn't commit a crime (yet).  But he was talking about concealing a job from the bank and realtor, if he got one.  Plus, from what he posted about his last job, it sounds like he wasn't entirely truthful about how he left.  So he's making less than truthful statements about his financial hardship.  They're certainly unethical.  Depending on how much concealing he were to do (and this, again, is dependent on him finding another job first), if he were found to have misled the bank into thinking he had a financial hardship that he didn't, that'd be fraud.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1186 on: March 02, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2013, 08:04:42 PM by Torie »

Ok, lying to the bank is criminal. Jeff said he was thinking about doing that?  If so, I missed that. I would have spanked him hard too, if he said that. Honorable people just don't do that sort of thing - ever. It's unthinkable. And for what f'ing purpose? The irony is that it is totally unnecessary. Jeff is not personally liable, unless Oklahoma has weird laws, where one is liable for even a purchase money mortgage, if the proceeds of sale or from foreclosure are inadequate. I would be shocked if that is the case. I think even in Texas for primary residences, there are anti deficiency laws for purchase money mortgages.

By the way, even in anti-deficiency heaven CA (I got a client off an underwater loan who had millions in net worth, because even for a commercial non purchase money mortgage, you still have to go through a lot of hoops to secure a personal judgment for the shortfall), if you commit fraud, voila, if caught,  you are personally liable, because it is a tort.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1187 on: March 02, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

I would have spanked him hard too

talk about low-hanging fruit...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1188 on: March 02, 2013, 08:03:42 PM »

Ok, lying to the bank is criminal. Jeff said he was thinking about doing that?  If so, I missed that. I would have spanked him hard too, if he said that. Honorable people just don't do that sort of thing - ever. It's unthinkable. And for what f'ing purpose? The irony is that it is totally unnecessary. Jeff is not personally liable, unless Oklahoma has weird laws, where one is liable for even a purchase money mortgage, if the proceeds of sale or from foreclosure are inadequate. I would be shocked if that is the case. I think even in Texas for primary residences, there are anti deficiency laws for purchase money mortgages.

No, of course I'm not going to do that.  I just threw that out there non-chalantly and wasn't serious about it.  I probably shouldn't have done that, mind you, but it wasn't a serious comment.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1189 on: March 02, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »

Here's the quote:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168802.msg3643231#msg3643231

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That wasn't a serious comment?  Not sure how anyone was supposed to tell that, especially since Inks has been hammering you over it for the last few days, and you never said you weren't serious until now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1190 on: March 02, 2013, 08:10:28 PM »

"No, I told my realtor that I lost my job via the rejection of a two week notice" - not a lie, but not entirely honest.  That one I don't see anything criminally wrong with.

"Part of the plan, about 25%, is to get a job as soon as possible, but to make it as low key as possible.  I don't want my realtor and bank to get word and cancel the short sale of the house because there is no longer a perceived hardship." - so depending on how far he goes to conceal this future job, he could be potentially lying to the bank.

So like I said, he didn't do anything criminal yet.  But the thought was there.  And he's lied before about quite a bit.  So if the true reason he quit his job was not because of the vandals, but because he wanted to be unemployed to get out from under the house, and he lies about that, that's fraud.

And his realtor probably isn't giving him the best/most ethical advice.  If she really did tell him that it would only put a minor ding in his credit, she's a liar.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1191 on: March 02, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »

Ok, lying to the bank is criminal. Jeff said he was thinking about doing that?  If so, I missed that. I would have spanked him hard too, if he said that. Honorable people just don't do that sort of thing - ever. It's unthinkable. And for what f'ing purpose? The irony is that it is totally unnecessary. Jeff is not personally liable, unless Oklahoma has weird laws, where one is liable for even a purchase money mortgage, if the proceeds of sale or from foreclosure are inadequate. I would be shocked if that is the case. I think even in Texas for primary residences, there are anti deficiency laws for purchase money mortgages.

No, of course I'm not going to do that.  I just threw that out there non-chalantly and wasn't serious about it.  I probably shouldn't have done that, mind you, but it wasn't a serious comment.

Really?  So why didn't you clarify that as a joke here:

Jeff, you can't hold a job for 6 months... attempting to commit bank fraud probably isn't something you should be trying to do here.  If a Michigan Supreme Court Justice can't pull it off, neither can you.

Bank fraud?  Since when did I mention anything about bank fraud??

What do you think concealing employment from your realtor and banker is?

Oh ok, I see that now.  That's part of my dilemma.  We've got to get out from under that house ASAP and going on with a normal sale could take forever in this economy.  Even the short sale could still take 2-3 months, but at least it would have an almost-defined end.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1192 on: March 02, 2013, 08:12:58 PM »
« Edited: March 02, 2013, 08:15:56 PM by Torie »

Ok, lying to the bank is criminal. Jeff said he was thinking about doing that?  If so, I missed that. I would have spanked him hard too, if he said that. Honorable people just don't do that sort of thing - ever. It's unthinkable. And for what f'ing purpose? The irony is that it is totally unnecessary. Jeff is not personally liable, unless Oklahoma has weird laws, where one is liable for even a purchase money mortgage, if the proceeds of sale or from foreclosure are inadequate. I would be shocked if that is the case. I think even in Texas for primary residences, there are anti deficiency laws for purchase money mortgages.

No, of course I'm not going to do that.  I just threw that out there non-chalantly and wasn't serious about it.  I probably shouldn't have done that, mind you, but it wasn't a serious comment.

You threw out "non-chalantly" that you were thinking of committing a crime, but weren't serious about it?  Do you do that often? Was that for your fans' "entertainment" just to rile them up some more  or something? You certainly succeeded with Inks. Congratulations!  Why don't you tell me that you hate gays, and want them castrated or something, to rile me up too, if that is what gets you off?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1193 on: March 02, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »

"No, I told my realtor that I lost my job via the rejection of a two week notice" - not a lie, but not entirely honest.  That one I don't see anything criminally wrong with.

Not sure how that isn't honest.  It seems like just a semantic issue.  If he says he was giving a two week notice, then that implies that he was quitting.  He's not hiding the fact that he was quitting.  It's right there in what he was telling the realtor.  You could say that "I lost my job via the rejection of a two week notice" is an odd way of spinning it, but he's not hiding any of the facts when he puts it that way.  It's up to the realtor to decide if that spin is justified.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1194 on: March 02, 2013, 08:16:56 PM »

Not sure how that isn't honest.  It seems like just a semantic issue.  If he says he was giving a two week notice, then that implies that he was quitting.  He's not hiding the fact that he was quitting.  It's right there in what he was telling the realtor.  You could say that "I lost my job via the rejection of a two week notice" is an odd way of spinning it, but he's not hiding any of the facts when he puts it that way.  It's up to the realtor to decide if that spin is justified.

For that I mean more the underlying reason of why he quit.  Was it the vandalism or to create a perceived hardship?  And I'd have to hear the full quote of what he told her, but it's safe to assume that he made it sound a lot more in his favor than it really is.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1195 on: March 02, 2013, 08:19:02 PM »

What is the difference between quitting a job, and being laid off here?  What does how Jeff became unemployed have to do with anything? What is Jeff trying to accomplish here? Getting the lender to waive some interest or something?  It all seems insane to me.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1196 on: March 02, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »

Furthermore, Jeff, do you notice what's missing from your Facebook?  Every other time you've been looking for a job, you've talked about it a lot.  But this time, it hasn't been mentioned once.  So you're honestly telling me that your statement was a joke, and you, the guy who posts a detailed account of his life on the Internet, failed to mention applying for any jobs since you quit, and this is just a coincidence?

I think not.  You're now being dishonest about being dishonest... this is crazy, and for your own sake, just stop.  For your own good, seek some help.  And get some financial/real estate advice from a professional who is not connected with the house already.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1197 on: March 02, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »

He is not being dishonest.  He said he didn't do sh**t today to improve his situation.  Unless napping and eating count.  He is the biggest loser.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1198 on: March 02, 2013, 08:30:57 PM »

I finally realized...Bushie is Bill Dauterive
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1199 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:44 PM »

One of you tax guys may need to correct me, but I believe he will also be responsible for paying income taxes on the difference between what he owed and what the bank gets at either foreclosure auction or short sale. I think there was a temporary tax holiday on that form of "income" as so many people were already up a foreclosure creek with out a paddle a few years back, but I believe it has now expired. Better get a job for that if nothing else. The IRS is not nearly as forgiving as mommy and daddy. You don't want to owe Uncle Sam money you don't have. He gets very grumpy.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 71  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies