Favourite latest post by previous poster
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 08:45:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Favourite latest post by previous poster
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 56
Author Topic: Favourite latest post by previous poster  (Read 93573 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »

Currently watching some HBO, and I gotta say easy FS vote right here!  Naked women making out with each other is one of the things that makes America truly great!  Vote FS if you agree!

Grin
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #426 on: April 23, 2014, 11:53:55 PM »

Probably vote straight GOP since 1856.

You do realize that the GOP and the Democrats have completely switched on most issues since this time?

That's a cute myth liberals like to tell themselves so that they can forget that Democrats championed racism for 130 years.

Yes, and the GOP's tactics in the North didn't at all involve outright racism against "the lowly" races of Europe combined with a self-righteous Protestant crusade against "the Unholy Church."  And the Northern Republican Parties didn't at all embrace the Ku Klux Klan when they adopted bleedingheart anti-Catholic and anti-Semitic rhetoric and causes.
ANd this is even before we get into the whole "Southern Strategy" bit.

Of course, when it's coming from the enlightened, none dare call it racism or hypocrisy!

EDIT: Of course this isn't to say that the Democrats weren't campaigning off of racism, but let us not act like it was a one sided affair or that Republican bigotry was at all justified.  It was not, no matter how anti-black many paddies were or how many Catholics obeyed political machines.  Point is this is a pathetic debating point and you all need to look at the parties through more than cheap rosy tinted colored glasses through the lens of a few issues.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2014, 12:00:19 AM »

Yeah. Of course, thi is coming from someone with a blue avatar. Tongue
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2014, 01:16:45 AM »

I would go to Madison, but doesn't Sioux Falls have a bunch of Christian emoviolence bands? You might enjoy it more.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #429 on: April 24, 2014, 01:29:01 AM »

quote author=Potatoe link=topic=191438.msg4141622#msg4141622 date=139831558]
I don't really see the men's right's stuff on Reddit, though I don't usually stray away from the main subforms, so eh. The places where this stupid sh**t would appear would be somewhere like Tumblr or 4chan.

Also, this is completely thick skulled and needs to go away, "Men's Right's" my bloody arse.
[/quote]
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #430 on: April 24, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

I don't have the time to discuss three big reasons, and I certainly have other smaller ones, but my biggest issue with the Republican Party is the War on Voting. Before the mini-wave in my home state of New Hampshire, the Republican Party, with its supermajority in the House and Senate, had decided to pass a few laws restricting voting. Others, like eliminating election-day registration, did not pass. Why did Republicans want to restrict voting? Ask the former Speaker of the House. I'm sure he can explain his stances on voting better than I can.

So yeah. I will never cast a single vote for a Republican until this problem is fixed. Why? Because in this Republican's ideal world, I wouldn't have the right to vote.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #431 on: April 24, 2014, 08:09:12 AM »

That's terrible advice. A steady stream of white lies makes the world go around.

Of course it would be silly to say "never lie" or something like that. Lies can be necessary in some circumstances, but I believe it's a terrible mistake to approach life with the assumption that lies make things better. Many people are just too nonchalant about lying, and this causes harm, not only to their fellows, but often to themselves as well.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2014, 10:38:13 AM »

1. As a minister-in-training, this definitely belongs at the top of my list: the way the modern Republican Party uses politics not only to force religion in public affairs, but to twist the Christian gospels so far beyond their context thereby decimating how Christianity is perceived as a whole, and fighting to base public policy not even on the egalitarian, righteous society envisioned by Jesus and the gospels, but on some human-fabricated vision of Christofascism.

2. Their displacement of policy for effective welfare with corporate interests. (Granted, this could easily be said for both parties, but most Republicans seem to have outright abandoned fixing present housing, employment, and health care policies for the better whereas Democrats don't know what they're doing or where they're going half the time.)

3. Tea Party.

I'd include other things like social policies and national security/foreign policy issues, but those are either not pressing issues right now or there is little difference, sad to say, on where the parties stand.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »

Maybe after they serve their sentence, but not before then.  After all, they gave us Al Franken.

Stop.

excelsus
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »

Anything is an impeachable offense when there's a D next to your name
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2014, 03:40:12 PM »

I wonder how close Obama came to losing WV-03.

Let me do the calculating for you:

Obama    Judd
WV-01: 61.21%   38,79%
WV-02: 64.80%   35,20%
WV-03: 53.60%   46,40%

Best county for Obama:        Jefferson (77.68%)
Best county for Judd:           Mingo (60.24%)
Narrowest county for Obama: Mercer (50.26%)
Narrowest county for Judd:    Boone (51.58%)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #436 on: April 26, 2014, 01:22:42 AM »

Republican Party

1. Not an Israel firster.
2. Not against Marriage Equality.
3. Not against budget negotiations.

Democratic: Party

1. Not an Israel firster.
2. Not a cry baby for "bipartisanship"
3. Not an upper middle class “liberal.”

Libertarian Party

1. Not in favor of privatized police.
2. Not in favor of privatized military.
3. Not in favor of open borders.

Constitution Party
1. Not in favor of prohibition.
2. Not in favor of denying rights to gays and lesbians.
3. Not in favor of a theocracy.

Green Party
1. Generally not partial to spoiled white upper middle class college students (the Green Party base).
2. Generally not in favor of replacing woman with “womyn”, gender neutral bathrooms, etc.
3. I do not believe illegal immigrants are better people than normal citizens due to their status.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #437 on: April 26, 2014, 05:31:42 AM »

Why do I get the nagging feeling this poll is being asked by someone insecure about being the second option?

I have good news for you! Your personality is not entirely some hard wired thing you're stuck with. If you don't like something about your personality either learn to accept it or decide you are going to change it. I'm not saying you should be EXCITING dynamic outgoing optimistic if you prefer not to be. But change what you don't like. I believe in you! You!

excelsus
« Reply #438 on: April 26, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »

Castrating pigs could actually prove to be an extremely useful skill to master when you are a woman in a sector filled with creepy old guys. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #439 on: April 26, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »

Obama:

AL-01: 81.11%
AL-02: 89.22%
AL-03: 88.03%
AL-04: 56.77%
AL-05: 67.84%
AL-06: 95.45%
AL-07: 89.40%

I find it a bit astonishing that Obama performed in the 5th CD better than in the 4th CD:.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #440 on: April 26, 2014, 06:16:28 PM »

1876:

This election, often considered one of the most controversial in American history, began with what could only be described as an incredible upset.  While many expected the Democrats to nominate reformist New York Governor Nickon "Sir Nick" Stark, one of the most influential Bourbon Democrats, history had other plans.  Although Tammany Hall had been obliterated, many Democratic machines in other states saw Governor "Sir Nick" Stark as a threat and eventually cast aside their ideology in a desperate attempt to stop him.  The machine-controlled delegations in states such as Nebraska, Illinois, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey threw their support behind the insurgent candidacy of Indiana Governor Wilfred "Wind Jammer" Thompson.  Although "Wind Jammer" Thompson was quite left-wing on most economic issues, he shrewdly downplayed his economic progressivism and emphasized his social conservatism.  As a result, eastern party bosses such as James "hifly" Oxford (D-PA) and Zachariah "ZuWo" Williamson (D-IL) felt they could safely punish Governor "Sir Nick" Stark for his reformist ways without worrying about "Wind Jammer" Thompson actually winning the Presidency (since his social conservatism would likely cost him votes in critical Northern swing-states).  North Carolina Governor Scott "Beam me up" Roddenberry was nominated for Vice-President.  

The Republican convention was far less eventful and the party nominated nominated conservative Pennsylvania Governor Cassius "Clay" Morton for President and Congressman Phillip Seymour Cathcon for Vice-President (the latter being the first Catholic nominated for that office by a major party).  The social conservatism of the Democratic ticket also caused Congressman Thaddeus Nemoy "TNF" Funkhouser (D-KY) to run as a third party candidate on the "Equality Now" ticket.  Congressman "TNF" chose New York City Mayor Alfred F. Jones (D-NY) as his running-mate, prompting Senate Majority Leader John C. "JCL" Libertas (R-IN) to call him "the candidate of unions, ungodliness, and urbanization."  

Ultimately, the election came down to the wire.  Although the Republicans won most of the upper Midwest due to strong turnout from Catholic immigrants and carried narrowly carried New York and Illinois due to the presence of the Equality Now ticket, the Democratic ticket did better than expected in the upper South and the rural lower Midwest due to the tireless efforts of Governor Scott (whose campaign speeches effortlessly used religious imagery to powerfully convey populist political messages in a way that would not be seen again until William Jennings Bryan's 1896 campaign).  Additionally, Governor "Wind Jammer" Thompson carried the key swing-state of New Jersey and even narrowly won the popular vote.  However, the election would come down to Colorado which hadn't actually voted in the election.  Instead, the state constitution allowed the Colorado House of Representatives (in which Republicans held a two seat majority) to chose the three electors and thus the Republican ticket was elected.

Gov. Cassius "Clay" Morton (R-PA)/Rep. Phillip Seymour Cathcon (R-MI) - 46.00%, 185 electoral votes

Governor Wilfred "Wind Jammer" Thompson (D-IN)/Governor Scott "Beam me up" Roddenberry - 47.92%, 184 electoral votes

Congressman Thaddeus Nemoy "TNF" Funkhouser (D-KY)/NYC Mayor Alfred F. Jones (D-NY) - 6.08%

Unfortunately for President-elect Cassius, two days after the election, it was discovered that he was born in York, England and had forged an American birth certificate.  He was promptly impeached and replaced with Vice-President elect Phillip Seymour Cathcon.  Although President Cathcon's first term was never easy due to his clashes with Senate Majority Leader JCL and House Speaker Adam Griffindor (D-GA), the President's popularity did rebound due to the successful invasion of Canada which led to the acquisition of Ontario.  Many historians attribute President Cathcon's landslide re-election victory over Virginia Governor Ben "Mr. Moderate" Constine (D-VA) to the successful conquest of some of Canada's most valuable and populous lands.  See Cathcon, Phillip Seymour.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #441 on: April 26, 2014, 06:19:31 PM »

I know I sound like a broken record right now, and my obsession with warm weather has probably annoyed the hell out of everybody already, but just don't get it. Anarchists, Communists, and Fascists make more sense to me than cold weather lovers. Tongue
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2014, 08:31:46 PM »

Wow, he really doesn't want that Nomination does he?

Maybe he thinks that he can run above the fray of the Republican primaries. If the GOP has a lot of serious candidates who are running to the right in order to win primaries in 2016, Paul could be viewed as the most reasonable voice.
But this is the Republican party, where you're not allowed to support abortion.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

I think 3 sounds good.

1. Local (county, municipality)
2. State
3. Federal

Ideally, national government only deals with a few big issues. More specific issues transfer down to the state and local levels. The very idea of a international government is horrific.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2014, 08:38:14 PM »

I mean, it is a lot more interesting than watching a guy get injected with a needle if your into that type of thing.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2014, 09:57:29 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: May 01, 2014, 12:08:01 AM »

Yes, I've noticed this as well. It's all the gays' fault that we're not getting our glorious proletariat revolucion. If only we had a new racist, homophobic, and sexist (but economically far left) party, we could appeal to many Republicans and finally turn the USA into the USSA!

(Never mind the inconvenient truth that most far righties the True Leftists hope to appeal to despise them and everything they stand for, and that includes their economic views).
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #447 on: May 01, 2014, 12:16:39 AM »

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #448 on: May 01, 2014, 01:04:55 AM »

Daschle was a terrible Senator and I'm glad he lost.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #449 on: May 01, 2014, 02:40:24 AM »

From the hills and valleys to the treetops to the big gray smokestacks!  This is the Mideast Workingman!  The Mideast's voice for Free Labor!:

WORKERS OF THE MIDEAST UNITE!  YOUR REVOLUTIONARY SAVIORS ARE HERE TO FREE YOU FROM THE BONDS AND SHACKLES OF FAR REICH MORAL AUTHORITARIANS AND THE CRIMES OF NEOLIBERAL MASS MURDERERS!

Before I begin let me ask you all a question, a very simple question:  ARE YOU SICK GODDAMN IT!?

ARE YOU GODDAMN SICK!  Because I sure as hell am!  I'm sick to the pit of my stomach at the crimes that the leaders of the Federalist Party have foisted upon this region!  It is truly a crime and an atrocity and it just makes me pissed to my core that these liars, these dictators, these motherfInksers can think they can walk in here and dictate to us, the working men and women of this great region, like we are tinker toys for their Great Old Puppet Show!  Well I say enough is enough!  I am mad goddamn it!  I am mad!  And I am sick and tired of all of these tyrants who think they can force their own moral codes and their sick and degraded lifestyles on the god fearing people of this great region!

This is the REAL PEOPLE'S PAPER!  We will be coming to live, not live, 24/7 to advance the cause of the workingmen and women of this region!  No longer will you be forced to deal with removed national papers that have no idea of the concern, of the pangs that you have!  We, the writers of the Mideast Workingman, are here for your concerns!  First and foremost!  We promise to give and represent the interests of the Mideast workers as best as we can against the jokesters in Nyman who think that they know best what we think!

We are coming for you, each and every one of you!  And we will not stop, we will not cease, we will not falter or retard our advances, until each every single one of you are fycking dead!

With that said, I will be accepting applications for positions at this paper.  I've already ran out of ideas, so please submit.  Apply now, as positions will run out fast!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 56  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies