Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:15:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 146457 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: November 10, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »

Patrick, first of all, thank you for not giving up on me when it'd be so easy and somewhat justified to do so.  I know things must change and change soon.  I've seen the scale go higher and I need to find a way to curb it.  All these family dinners that I have no control over are not helping, but I can't use that as an excuse.  One big thing is I've been having way too many regular sodas lately.  I need to switch exclusively (as far as pop goes) to Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Coke.  The reason I have sandwiches for lunch is it's the easiest thing to fix for lunch and is slightly better than Ramen or Mac & Cheese bowls.  I just have one small bag of chips and five cookies (usually fig newtons) for lunch with a Diet Dr Pepper.  Tonight for supper I had 3 ribs and a Diet Dr Pepper.  Nothing else.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1201 on: November 10, 2014, 07:50:00 PM »

Bushie did you eat a single vegetable today?

Also, what kind of ribs?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1202 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:55 PM »

Patrick, first of all, thank you for not giving up on me when it'd be so easy and somewhat justified to do so.  I know things must change and change soon.  I've seen the scale go higher and I need to find a way to curb it.  All these family dinners that I have no control over are not helping, but I can't use that as an excuse.  One big thing is I've been having way too many regular sodas lately.  I need to switch exclusively (as far as pop goes) to Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Coke.  The reason I have sandwiches for lunch is it's the easiest thing to fix for lunch and is slightly better than Ramen or Mac & Cheese bowls.  I just have one small bag of chips and five cookies (usually fig newtons) for lunch with a Diet Dr Pepper.  Tonight for supper I had 3 ribs and a Diet Dr Pepper.  Nothing else.

People starving in famines have no control over how much they eat.  You most certainly do. No one is forcing you to "clean up the meat".  Eat slow and know when to put down the fork.  So you are broke right now and may not have many options, however, you have a computer and can keep track of the caloric level at the very least. You keep your calories down and put your exercise up, you will lose weight at your size. Even if you continue to eat poorly, you should still get some exercise in as it has positive mental impacts too.  With that said, Im going to go workout as its been couple of days. Indolence becomes a habit if you let it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1203 on: November 10, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »

Bushie did you eat a single vegetable today?

Also, what kind of ribs?

No veggie today, but I have been eating more lettuce and cheese salads and green beans at the family dinners.

BBQ pork ribs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1204 on: November 10, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »

People starving in famines have no control over how much they eat.  You most certainly do. No one is forcing you to "clean up the meat".  Eat slow and know when to put down the fork.  So you are broke right now and may not have many options, however, you have a computer and can keep track of the caloric level at the very least. You keep your calories down and put your exercise up, you will lose weight at your size. Even if you continue to eat poorly, you should still get some exercise in as it has positive mental impacts too.  With that said, Im going to go workout as its been couple of days. Indolence becomes a habit if you let it.

I can definitely limit myself to one plate at the dinners.  I am not saying that.  I just have no control over when these family dinners occur.

How would I go walk outside for 30 minutes in 30 degree weather, I don't get home until 1745 and it's already nearly pitch black outside.  The last thing I want to do is get back in the car and go to a mall (which there are none real close) and walk for 30 minutes.  That would end up taking 2 hours including the drive and I don't have much time in the evenings to begin with.  Outside of Saturday's, my schedule and location don't lend themselves to walking for 30 minutes.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1205 on: November 10, 2014, 08:05:39 PM »

People starving in famines have no control over how much they eat.  You most certainly do. No one is forcing you to "clean up the meat".  Eat slow and know when to put down the fork.  So you are broke right now and may not have many options, however, you have a computer and can keep track of the caloric level at the very least. You keep your calories down and put your exercise up, you will lose weight at your size. Even if you continue to eat poorly, you should still get some exercise in as it has positive mental impacts too.  With that said, Im going to go workout as its been couple of days. Indolence becomes a habit if you let it.

I can definitely limit myself to one plate at the dinners.  I am not saying that.  I just have no control over when these family dinners occur.

How would I go walk outside for 30 minutes in 30 degree weather, I don't get home until 1745 and it's already nearly pitch black outside.  The last thing I want to do is get back in the car and go to a mall (which there are none real close) and walk for 30 minutes.  That would end up taking 2 hours including the drive and I don't have much time in the evenings to begin with.  Outside of Saturday's, my schedule and location don't lend themselves to walking for 30 minutes.

Well you could start by not being a whiny pu$$y for a few hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1206 on: November 10, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to waste 2 hours of my night just to walk for 20 minutes.  I only get 4 hours between the time I get home and bed time and I am not going to throw away half of that driving all over creation just to find a lighted path to walk.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1207 on: November 10, 2014, 08:42:07 PM »

Just don't f#$%ing go to the family dinners - or at least don't go to every single one as you seem to. I live in the same city as nearly all of my extended family and I basically never see them save for Christmas and maybe a couple of other times a year. So I don't know how your parents and grandmother keep pulling these family dinners out of thin air or how they haven't run out of houseguests at this point. You have like five family dinners in a weekend - how is that even logistically possible?!

Pretty sure you can walk in the dark. Humans have been doing it for hundreds of thousands of years (yes, at least hundreds of thousands, sorry). I just got home and drove past several walkers/joggers/runners on my way who seemed to be doing just fine. Barring that, gym memberships are like $20 a month - of course then I'd just be giving you another way to create more bills that your parents can pay while you claim on Facebook that you paid them yourself.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #1208 on: November 10, 2014, 08:43:57 PM »

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to waste 2 hours of my night just to walk for 20 minutes.  I only get 4 hours between the time I get home and bed time and I am not going to throw away half of that driving all over creation just to find a lighted path to walk.

Huh

2 hours = 120 minutes > 20 minutes.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1209 on: November 10, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »

You can't just walk around your neighborhood?  Does Oklahoma not have street lights?  Anything nearby your office that you could walk around on a lunch break?
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1210 on: November 10, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »

Apologize to yourself.  In the time it took to type out all of these excuses you could have done something. To follow the prison analogy from before, there have been plenty of people trapped in solitary confinement who managed to stay in shape.  You need to figure it out.  It is cold outside, get a jacket. Too dark, find a step- stack some old cadd textbooks if you have to. If you don't feel like it just say it but dont delude yourself into thinking you are trying.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: November 10, 2014, 08:49:55 PM »

I'm way out in the country, a good distance away from the main suburbs and City of Oklahoma City so the streets aren't well lit.  My grandmother has a few more street lights near her as she is on a major US Highway, but the road is usually pretty busy even at night, especially at the hours I would want to walk.

Dallasfan, the 2 hours accounts for the 30-40 minute drive one way to the nearest mall.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1212 on: November 10, 2014, 08:50:58 PM »

Apologize to yourself.  In the time it took to type out all of these excuses you could have done something. To follow the prison analogy from before, there have been plenty of people trapped in solitary confinement who managed to stay in shape.  You need to figure it out.  It is cold outside, get a jacket. Too dark, find a step- stack some old cadd textbooks if you have to. If you don't feel like it just say it but dont delude yourself into thinking you are trying.

Don't waste your time, Patrick. Jeff's entire life is a litany of reasons why he can't, why it's other people's fault or forces beyond his control, and why it really doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do because God's going to hand him a corner office a Barbara Billingsley-esque Mrs. Jeff Brown and a house with a white picket fence because he deserves it.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: November 10, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »

Smash, I could walk around the parking lot at work, but there is not a real walking path.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1214 on: November 10, 2014, 09:01:05 PM »

I'm way out in the country, a good distance away from the main suburbs and City of Oklahoma City so the streets aren't well lit.  My grandmother has a few more street lights near her as she is on a major US Highway, but the road is usually pretty busy even at night, especially at the hours I would want to walk.

Dallasfan, the 2 hours accounts for the 30-40 minute drive one way to the nearest mall.

Hell download a flashlight app on your phone if you walk in an area without much lights.  You don't need a walking path to walk, I go running at night around my neigborhood going up and down streets.  If I see a car I move to the side of the road.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1215 on: November 10, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »

If two sandwiches is BARE MINIMUM how many (4) would you eat to feel satisfied? 
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: November 10, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »

FWIW, 2 sandwiches is bare minimum, but 3 sandwiches is too much even for me.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1217 on: November 10, 2014, 09:49:29 PM »

Bushie, here is an amazing invention that will help you walk even somewhere where there are no streetlights:

In any case, you're still at your parents' place for now, and won't move in with Grandma for another week, no?  Why don't you take the dogs for a walk while you're still staying with your parents?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1218 on: November 10, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »

FWIW, 2 sandwiches is bare minimum, but 3 sandwiches is too much even for me.

2 is "bare minimum", while 3 is too much?  Doesn't that mean that 2 is both bare minimum and absolute maximum?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1219 on: November 10, 2014, 09:52:04 PM »

lol so many great Bushieism being said tonight

"I'm not going to spend 2 hours of my day walking for 20 minutes"
"Bare minimum of 2 sandwiches, but 3 is too much"

Both Top 10 classics.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1220 on: November 10, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »

Okay.... Wait here.  Normal sandwiches? Or like piled high with meat and cheese and slimed with a generous quart of mayonnaise?

Normal sandwich would be two pieces of sandwich bread...like 3-4 slices of deli meat and enough cheese to cover the bread with one layer plus a tablespoon of mayo.

Thats 4 servings of bread and 2 servings of meat and 3 servings of cheese... Which is adequate for a lunch for a guy with a sedentary lifestyle.

If you had a couple pickle slices with it, I might let you count that as a veggie serving.  If you behave yourself.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1221 on: November 10, 2014, 09:58:25 PM »

So do you pack 2 and a half sandwiches every day? Or pack three and throw away whatever portion of the third you're unable to finish?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1222 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:35 PM »

Environment does matter a lot. Bushie doesn't have a neighborhood. He lives somewhere that looks like this.
There's not a scale that is conducive to walking, which makes things extremely tedious. There are all sorts of critters scurrying about. And one could very easily trip and fall. To say nothing of the hazards of getting lost in the dark when there are no landmarks to find your way home. In all likelihood, Mama Bushie won't let him out of the trailer after dark either. Although I don't have any actual experience with it, life in the country has to be absolutely miserable. No wonder they stuff their faces all day long.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1223 on: November 10, 2014, 10:11:16 PM »

Going back to the terrible film Interstellar, it's kind of hilarious to think Bushie and his family would never even be aware of the apocalypse in that movie as its most ominous signs are respiratory problems, inability to walk outside, limited water supply, and no produce available except corn.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1224 on: November 10, 2014, 10:18:23 PM »

Environment does matter a lot. Bushie doesn't have a neighborhood. He lives somewhere that looks like this.
There's not a scale that is conducive to walking, which makes things extremely tedious. There are all sorts of critters scurrying about. And one could very easily trip and fall. To say nothing of the hazards of getting lost in the dark when there are no landmarks to find your way home. In all likelihood, Mama Bushie won't let him out of the trailer after dark either. Although I don't have any actual experience with it, life in the country has to be absolutely miserable. No wonder they stuff their faces all day long.
Ma and Pa Bushie likely live in a setting more like this:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies