The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 10:34:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240834 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: June 17, 2018, 07:52:02 PM »

Tom Perez does? Keith Ellison? Chuck Schumer? Ben Ray Lujan? Nancy Pelosi (who has endorsed tons of male candidates?)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1601 on: June 17, 2018, 08:01:25 PM »

The leading candidate in this race is a white male you idiots.

Yeah, but I was told Democrats hate white men. Never mind that 61% of Democratic Senators (including the Democratic Senate leader and whip) and 81% of Democratic governors are white men, they HATE white men because I said so.

(This is sarcasm, if it’s not obvious enough)

Most of these men were grandfathered in from before the Jeppe/Bosse-types violently took over the party and started imposing penis penalties on anybody running in Democratic primaries.  I guarantee those percentages are skewed.

“Penis penalties”

To be fair, this is actually a pretty accurate characterization of Jeppe’s raisón d’ętre for politics

Hmm that is a good point, though I don’t think Hofoid was being quite that specific

(Gauche had a similar worldview as I recall)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1602 on: June 17, 2018, 08:04:31 PM »

Yeah, but I was told Democrats hate white men. Never mind that 61% of Democratic Senators (including the Democratic Senate leader and whip) and 81% of Democratic governors are white men, they HATE white men because I said so.

Most of these men were grandfathered in from before the Jeppe/Bosse-types violently took over the party and started imposing penis penalties on anybody running in Democratic primaries.  I guarantee those percentages are skewed.

“Penis penalties”

To be fair, this is actually a pretty accurate characterization of Jeppe’s raisón d’ętre for politics

Hmm that is a good point, though I don’t think Hofoid was being quite that specific

Gauche and Jeppe are the same poster.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1603 on: June 17, 2018, 11:49:07 PM »

I'm assuming this is being done as a not-subtle "screw you" to Palestine.

Contrary to what the internet would have you believe, Hamasistan and the West Bank kleptocrats are actually a very minor issue in the grand scheme of world affairs.
Darth Pi is clearly aware enough to know the UNHRC's only job is to sh**t on Israel, but doesn't care.  That's suspicious.

I mean, Israel has only been illegally occupying the West Bank for 50 years? Why not take it slow trying to fix it? Especially with a Likud government that is less interested in peace than any before it in Israel's history.

Look, the UNHRC is far from perfect. It should be devoting more time to other human rights abuses, absolutely. And yes, it is an absurdity that there are countries like Saudi Arabia on it. But that doesn't change the fact that the Israeli government deserves to be called out, frequently, for its record. And it doesn't change the fact that the Trump administration is doing everything it can to bolster the forces who support the occupation and silence those who criticize it.

How is this post REMOTELY absurd or ignorant? It's incredibly rational and two-sided.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1604 on: June 18, 2018, 07:33:16 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2018, 08:17:49 AM by X Marks The Spot »

Contrary to what the internet would have you believe, Hamasistan and the West Bank kleptocrats are actually a very minor issue in the grand scheme of world affairs.
Darth Pi is clearly aware enough to know the UNHRC's only job is to sh**t on Israel, but doesn't care.  That's suspicious.

I mean, Israel has only been illegally occupying the West Bank for 50 years? Why not take it slow trying to fix it? Especially with a Likud government that is less interested in peace than any before it in Israel's history.

Look, the UNHRC is far from perfect. It should be devoting more time to other human rights abuses, absolutely. And yes, it is an absurdity that there are countries like Saudi Arabia on it. But that doesn't change the fact that the Israeli government deserves to be called out, frequently, for its record. And it doesn't change the fact that the Trump administration is doing everything it can to bolster the forces who support the occupation and silence those who criticize it.

How is this post REMOTELY absurd or ignorant? It's incredibly rational and two-sided.

1) Israel objectively has a really good human rights record, better than at least half the countries on UNHRC.

2) None of that land is occupied.  God gave it to the Jewish people.  You can’t occupy land that already belongs to you Tongue  Plus, even if one doesn't believe that God gave the land to the Jewish people, the idea Israel illegally occupied land is still absurd.  Israelis were the victims of several unprovoked attacks and defended itself against all odds.  Netanyahu is horrible, but he is not Israel anymore than Trump is America.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1605 on: June 18, 2018, 07:40:30 AM »

A full page of arguments over her anti semitism (or lack thereof) and no one is concerned that she's all for female circumcision. That's far more disturbing than a couple of par for the course tweets.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1606 on: June 18, 2018, 09:39:58 AM »

Quick Someone calculate the chance Collins is defeated:
*calculating*
*calculating*
*calculating*

0% chance.

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1607 on: June 18, 2018, 11:31:20 AM »

“Penis penalties”

Gauche and Jeppe are the same poster.

Wait really
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1608 on: June 18, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »

Indeed, Warren has flip-flopped on whether she would support a universal health care system. She wrote in her 2008 co-authored essay titled Get Sick, Go Broke that the most obvious solution would be universal single-payer health care. However, in 2012, Warren flip-flopped on that issue since she told a local TV host that she did not support a single-payer health care system.

So she definitely is not the best candidate to run against Trump.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1609 on: June 18, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »

Make no mistake, the economy was a lot better back in 2009 - when The Media suddenly started complaining about how horrible it was.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1610 on: June 18, 2018, 02:42:04 PM »

Make no mistake, the economy was a lot better back in 2009 - when The Media suddenly started complaining about how horrible it was.

lmao. well the anti-Semitic media did kind of blow the recession out of proportion in order to criticize Goldman Sachs, but the economy did dip back then pretty hard. It's definitely better today.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1611 on: June 18, 2018, 03:37:58 PM »

Darth Pi is clearly aware enough to know the UNHRC's only job is to sh**t on Israel, but doesn't care.  That's suspicious.

1) Israel objectively has a really good human rights record, better than at least half the countries on UNHRC.

2) None of that land is occupied.  God gave it to the Jewish people.  You can’t occupy land that already belongs to you Tongue  Plus, even if one doesn't believe that God gave the land to the Jewish people, the idea Israel illegally occupied land is still absurd.  Israelis were the victims of several unprovoked attacks and defended itself against all odds.  Netanyahu is horrible, but he is not Israel anymore than Trump is America.

1l the poster never claimed otherwise. He actually noted that several member countries have poor human rights records. He simply also noted, quite correctly, that Israel shouldn't get a pass because it's an American ally or a democracy.

2l Thank you for posting directly into the thread. Most people have an innate aversion to basing politics or foreign policy on any kind of divine will. Whether it's ISIS citing God for the destruction of the Jews and all other "unbelievers, "Deus Vult" and it's progeny among religious right fundamentalists, or Israel claiming ownership of the West Bank and Gaza by "Divine Right", the results are inevitably catastrophic and horrendously unjust.

Even Less compelling an argument is one based essentially on might makes right, As you are also doing here. No one doubts the righteousness of Israel defending itself throughout the Wars, including the 1973 on Kippur War. However, absolutely none of that grants Israel the right to Palestine by Conquest. Not to mention it is inevitably a shooting oneself in one's own foot argument.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1612 on: June 19, 2018, 03:23:07 PM »

It's literally a fair map though, on any normal year, it would elect a 10-8 R delegation. in 2016, Republicans won 53.91% of the house vote, which proportionally elect 10 republicans (9.704 quotas rounded up).

The Supreme Court has repeatedly rejected proportional representation.

Of course, as even the plaintiffs noted, the Wisconsin assembly map is full of fair and compact districts. Occam's razor suggests that the winning party is simply superior at the elections and the loser party is simply inferior.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1613 on: June 19, 2018, 11:48:41 PM »

Where's the empathy around here for the victims of MS-13?  Or for the victims of violent crimes at the hands of illegal immigrants?

Some people have good reason to find Steve King more empathic than the bulk of Atlas.  I'm not there yet, but there are hurting people (hurt by MS-13 and other transnational gangs) that don't feel the love here.

This is an incredibly bad person, if it wasn't clear enough.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1614 on: June 19, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »

Where's the empathy around here for the victims of MS-13?  Or for the victims of violent crimes at the hands of illegal immigrants?

Some people have good reason to find Steve King more empathic than the bulk of Atlas.  I'm not there yet, but there are hurting people (hurt by MS-13 and other transnational gangs) that don't feel the love here.

This is an incredibly bad person, if it wasn't clear enough.

I generally like Fuzzy Bear but this is just a bridge to far to me. MS-13 and the few crimes illegals commit (which are not defensible) does not outweigh Trump's actions.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1615 on: June 20, 2018, 01:00:05 PM »

A reminder why this thread is named this way:

WI Dems need to disband. This is their death knell. Where were all the people that mocked me for saying this was a Solid R race?
Wisconsin SC Race 2019
hofoid

« Reply #1616 on: June 20, 2018, 01:01:58 PM »

WI Dems need to disband. This is their death knell. Where were all the people that mocked me for saying this was a Solid R race?
We'd sooner see a Governor Cordray (and that has a 3% shot of happening) than a Governor Roys/Evers. That's a fact.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1617 on: June 20, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »

We'd sooner see a Governor Cordray (and that has a 3% shot of happening) than a Governor Roys/Evers. That's a fact.
You do realize not all polls are going to show the same result, and 2 other polls showed Walker behind? Both Evers and Cordray are slightly ahead in poll averages.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1618 on: June 20, 2018, 04:12:50 PM »

Baiting a leftist into undermining his own argument is my favorite hobby. And I have to thank this wonderful forum for giving me so many opportunities to do so on a daily basis.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1619 on: June 21, 2018, 07:03:02 AM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1620 on: June 21, 2018, 06:03:58 PM »

This is an extremely potent metaphor that makes it personal for Trump. Extremely misleading headline. This is in no way a serious proposal. It shouldn't need to be condemned. It's a very serious call to action that should make the Trumps defensive. Suddenly the folks who are totally ok with harassing people in public, are not ok with this? Give me a break...

But ... the virtue signaling in this thread is about toxic masculinity not poc. You're thinking of if the thread had been labeled "Peter Fonda stands up for oppressed brown dreamiez detained at border". But since the title mentions rape, and men are taught to rape because of toxic masculinity, we all have to publicly proclaim that the tweet was bad.

lot going on here.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #1621 on: June 21, 2018, 11:42:44 PM »

RIH Krauthammer,  the evil piece of trash.  The world is a slightly better place now that he's no longer in it. I'm sure Satan has plans for him.

Krauthammer was a vile warmonger and liar. In no way was he 'respectable' or 'an intellectual' or whatever other 'wasn't he wonderful?' eulogy nonsense has been written about him here.
James Monroe

« Reply #1622 on: June 22, 2018, 12:53:53 AM »

Not a real person so it doesn't matter
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1623 on: June 22, 2018, 03:32:49 AM »

WI is trending R and will become a Lean R state but it wont become as Republican as Ohio
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1624 on: June 22, 2018, 05:55:09 AM »

RIH Krauthammer,  the evil piece of trash.  The world is a slightly better place now that he's no longer in it. I'm sure Satan has plans for him.

Krauthammer was a vile warmonger and liar. In no way was he 'respectable' or 'an intellectual' or whatever other 'wasn't he wonderful?' eulogy nonsense has been written about him here.

Came here to post that. Dude's middle aged and posting like an edgy teenager.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies