The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:16:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240846 times)
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: May 29, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »

i'm sure some not-that-bright republicans showed up to protest,sure.that doesn't really help though sanchez.i'm not even sure why we're arguing about this stuff.nobody came away looking good
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1526 on: May 29, 2018, 10:40:09 AM »

When Trump said “there are fine people on both sides” he implied that some of the counter-protestors were not white nationalists. Of course, the media ignored the fact that a sizable portion of those protesting the statue’s removal were run of the mill conservatives and labeled everyone who showed up as “white nationalists” because a handful of actual Nazis showed up the night before and did their lame little tiki march. It became a much broader event.

The fact that Antifa showed no discrimination in attacking the demonstrators shows how irresponsible and outright false our media has become. There will be other posters who will respond to this assuredly by insulting me, continuing to perpetuate the “official” narrative, and then lament the division in the country in a typical three act Atlas play.

But to continue the trope that Trump endorsed white supremacy after Charlottesville, or that both sides were basically black and white in terms of the context of responsibility, than you’re either willfully or inadvertently only worsening the divide.

I don't know what you're definition of a "handful" is, but it doesn't match mine.  If any "fine" person showed up to this and couldn't realize in about 2 seconds that this was an Aryan sh**t show, then they really weren't that fine of a person.

I'm not arguing that the Tiki march was sparsely attended, or that the white supremacist presence in Charlottesville wasn't marginal - but they still only represented a fraction of the right leaning protesters present.

You're arguing that there were only a handful of Nazis, I'm saying that's more than a handful and in the video of the daytime festivities  they looked the same too.  If any fine people showed up to protest (some hardcore civil war reenactor) they probably had the common sense to get out of there, common sense that Trump lacked when he choose to pontificate on the events.  Although, that's because Trump is a bigot.
Again, you're entitled to your opinion but not your own facts. Repeatedly posting pictures of the Tiki March does not make the case that the crowd in Charlottesville was overwhelmingly far/hard right does nothing to change the fact that it simply wasn't.

I'm not denying that the Neo-Nazis were present, nor that they were violent - there is plenty of evidence in support of that. IIRC a black man was savagely beaten in a parking garage in addition to the car crash incident.

Regardless, I'm not going to cry any crocodile tears. The "counter-protesters" and their ilk have displayed a far more immediate and concerning penchant for violence.

How do you explain stuff like this? Besides "muh deflection."

What about this? Why does my side have to take the blame for a lame tiki march when another angry old Democrat like you was responsible for this?

This is literally a daily recurrence on my Twitter feed.

I'm sick and tired of this "both sides do it" nonsense. BS. Your side does it.

First you say that it's only a handful and then you say your not arguing that the tiki march was sparsely attended.  Where is your proof that there was a large contingent of non-supremacists protesting at the event.  I could post a bunch of pictures of the Aryans with their flags and special battle shields at the daytime event, where are your picture of Civil War Reanactors Local 521 at the event?  You can't back up one bit of what you spout.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1527 on: May 29, 2018, 10:48:14 AM »

McCain should resign. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see his wife (or preferably, daughter) get sworn in?
If he is still alive come 2020 (unlikely,) he should resign so that the seat will be on the ballot in 2020. That way, republicans will be more likely to hold it and will have an incumbent come 2022; holding an open seat in the 2022 midterms would be very difficult, as 2022 will more likely than not be blue-favored as Trump will, more likely than not, be re-elected.

We can't afford to lose another senate seat. I'm glad McCain made it past the special election deadline because if he didn't, chances are we'd be losing both Arizona senate seats at once, and our senate majority would be in real danger.

>As if the Republican Senate majority was not already in danger in 2018 as is, and implying that Trumps re-election is likely, let alone possible.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1528 on: May 29, 2018, 10:53:56 AM »

Hey Sanchez, let's say, hypothetically, that you are a "fine" person and you had an opportunity to attend the protest against the statute removal, would you have stuck around if you saw the tiki march?  Or when you showed up for the day event and saw all the Aryan symbols and battleshields?  Would you have just stayed in the imaginary cordoned off area for "fine" protestors?
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1529 on: May 29, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »

Hey Sanchez, let's say, hypothetically, that you are a "fine" person and you had an opportunity to attend the protest against the statute removal, would you have stuck around if you saw the tiki march?  Or when you showed up for the day event and saw all the Aryan symbols and battleshields?  Would you have just stayed in the imaginary cordoned off area for "fine" protestors?

I mean, let's be real, he would've been carrying a torch himself. And he's not the only person on Atlas who wishes he was there.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1530 on: May 29, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »

going a little far with the trolling there
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1531 on: May 29, 2018, 11:04:12 AM »

I mean, let's be real, he would've been carrying a torch himself. And he's not the only person on Atlas who wishes he was there.

I'm certain some very fine posters were indeed in attendance!
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #1532 on: May 29, 2018, 11:04:53 AM »

McCain should resign. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to see his wife (or preferably, daughter) get sworn in?
If he is still alive come 2020 (unlikely,) he should resign so that the seat will be on the ballot in 2020. That way, republicans will be more likely to hold it and will have an incumbent come 2022; holding an open seat in the 2022 midterms would be very difficult, as 2022 will more likely than not be blue-favored as Trump will, more likely than not, be re-elected.

We can't afford to lose another senate seat. I'm glad McCain made it past the special election deadline because if he didn't, chances are we'd be losing both Arizona senate seats at once, and our senate majority would be in real danger.

>As if the Republican Senate majority was not already in danger in 2018 as is, and implying that Trumps re-election is likely, let alone possible.

The senate majority isn't entirely safe, but there's probably only a ~15% chance of dems getting to 51 seats.
It takes extraordinary circumstances to unseat an incumbent president, and with the way things are going now, yes, I think  Trump is more likely to win than lose come 2020. I'm not saying he will win, just that it's somewhat more likely for him to win than lose. Dems still haven't learned to stop underestimating him, and still don't have a very unifying message. Unless they get their act together, they are risking another 4 years of Trump.
I give him 60%-65% percent chance of being re-elected. He'd probably lose if the election were held today, but just as Clinton, Obama and many other modern presidents have done, I think he'll recover after the midterms.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1533 on: May 29, 2018, 11:13:50 AM »

Now, let's not go putting torches in his hand, let him answer for himself
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1534 on: May 29, 2018, 11:23:22 AM »

It's hilarious how just the idea of Trump potentially winning New Hampshire turns any thread into an instant dumpster fire.

It’s not far-fetched, he won it in 2016 if you deduct the illegal votes
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1535 on: May 29, 2018, 11:53:54 AM »

I wouldn't have attended because I'm not particularly hot and bothered by Confederate monuments, but nice try.

Hey Sanchez, let's say, hypothetically, that you are a "fine" person and you had an opportunity to attend the protest against the statute removal, would you have stuck around if you saw the tiki march?  Or when you showed up for the day event and saw all the Aryan symbols and battleshields?  Would you have just stayed in the imaginary cordoned off area for "fine" protestors?

Etu Santander?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1536 on: May 29, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »

Peak Naᛋᛋo

What if I'm offended by what they believe? How come that doesn't count?

You can read minds?

You're missing my point. I personally get offended by things like "Black Lives Matters" but being offended by them doesn't count. But if THEY get offended, then it counts? Double standard.

Liberals believe that if you aren't a liberal, you're offensive. Then they say offensiveness cannot be "tolerated" and try and suppress freedom of speech.

You’re offended that the lives of black people matter?

I'm acknowledging the moral equivalency between things like Black Lives Matter and the KKK. I think all racial organizations that pit people against each other are disgusting.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1537 on: May 29, 2018, 01:42:06 PM »

Why is Modern Family - a show with an explicitly offending agenda allowed to continue on ABC?

Because they think their perverse liberalism is "progress" and "discovery".

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1538 on: May 30, 2018, 03:56:31 AM »

What if I'm offended by what they believe? How come that doesn't count?

You can read minds?

You're missing my point. I personally get offended by things like "Black Lives Matters" but being offended by them doesn't count. But if THEY get offended, then it counts? Double standard.

Liberals believe that if you aren't a liberal, you're offensive. Then they say offensiveness cannot be "tolerated" and try and suppress freedom of speech.

You’re offended that the lives of black people matter?

I'm acknowledging the moral equivalency between things like Black Lives Matter and the KKK. I think all racial organizations that pit people against each other are disgusting.

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1539 on: May 30, 2018, 06:33:42 AM »

The Democrats soared to the far left.

In 2000 when Al Gore ran, 22% of Democrats identified as "liberals". By Obama's time a decade later, that number doubled into the 40% range.

Obama ran opposed to same sex marriage, by his second term he lit the White House in the rainbow flag and issued federal directives to schools about transgendered bathrooms.

Obama started defending criminal felons due to their race, people who used to be out-right condemned by both political parties.

They became the crazies. Trump's America has always been there.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1540 on: May 30, 2018, 02:01:20 PM »

Hey Sanchez, let's say, hypothetically, that you are a "fine" person and you had an opportunity to attend the protest against the statute removal, would you have stuck around if you saw the tiki march?  Or when you showed up for the day event and saw all the Aryan symbols and battleshields?  Would you have just stayed in the imaginary cordoned off area for "fine" protestors?

Etu Santander?

I'm sure there were some very fine people in attendance. Smiley
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1541 on: June 01, 2018, 01:09:26 AM »

Linking Ann Romney and Hillary Clinton because they're both white women. You wouldn't do that with Mitt Romney and Bill Clinton, for example. Furthermore, I've noticed a tendency to write off very left wing politicians like Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand as being closet centrists (if only), and yet I have never seen such a insinuation made against a white male Democrat.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1542 on: June 01, 2018, 05:03:22 AM »

I’m a Trump supporter and never liked Roseanne...still don’t. But the double standard going on right now is what pisses me off more than anything. Hateful remarks made by the likes of Michelle Wolf, Samantha Bee, and Bill Maher are dismissed and even defended, but any hateful remark made by a Trump supporter is met with sanctimonious moral outrage. The First Amendment doesn’t, and shouldn’t, pick sides.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1543 on: June 02, 2018, 07:37:52 AM »

We had anti administration waves in 2006, 2010, and 2014.  Actually history would mitigate against a 4th similar wave.

Evidence of different projections for college educated and non college voters would support such a likelihood.

In 2016 we all know the nation voted like 2 different nations. It may be that division will continue in 2018.  It may we’ll be that national generic polls may well mask this division.

You know in 2016 we were all surprised Trump was elected, that the GOP retained the Senate, and the GOP did not lose more seats in the House. Surprise again.

Midterms are almost always bad for the party in the white house. Its not a recent trend that started in 2006.

Not Always

In 2002 the GOP gained 8 House seats and 2 Senate seats
In 1998 the GOP actually lost 4 House seats and the Senate numbers did not change
In 1990 the GOP only LOST just 7 seats in the House and 0 in the Senate
In 1982 the Senate was unchanged, the GOP LOST 26 in the House
In 1978 the GOP gained 15 in the House and 2 in the Senate
In 1970 the GOP lost just 2 in the House and gained 3 in the Senate
In 1962 the GOP lost 4 in the House and only gained one in the Senate.

Since 1896 there have never been four successive midterm wave elections.  I do not believe before 1896 either
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1544 on: June 02, 2018, 12:21:39 PM »

JFK got snookered by the Russkies over Cuba, if he had a backbone he would have removed Cuba from the map.

I hope Trump is stronger than JFK.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1545 on: June 02, 2018, 12:31:34 PM »

Another try for the haters to get Joy Reid fired.

Wish this time spent on her would go out to more repugnant reporters whose views have been consistent in their bigotry.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1546 on: June 02, 2018, 03:08:32 PM »

Ohio, because of its proximity to VA and the competitiveness of VA.

AZ won't flip unless its a 2012 landslide.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1547 on: June 03, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

I think it should be used for stupid control. I think there needs to be a license to procreate and that certain people should not be allowed to have children.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1548 on: June 04, 2018, 07:44:26 AM »

1992 --> D+4.7
1996 --> R+2.2
2000 --> R+3.8
2004 --> R+4.7
2008 --> R+7.5
2012 --> R+13.3
2016 --> R+18.7

Only Atlas would see MO trending D.

Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1549 on: June 04, 2018, 09:41:31 AM »

Ohio, because of its proximity to VA and the competitiveness of VA.

AZ won't flip unless its a 2012 landslide.
He made this argument in 2016 as well. Ohio is close to southwestern Virginia, and Virginia has northern Virginia pulling it left, so Ohio is a blue state now.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies