The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240750 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: May 09, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »

I disagree. We're talking about stay-at-home mothers here, not stay-at-home parents, implying that the norm is for mothers to stay at home--which is wrong, and indicates a sexist societal norm. Regardless, I don't have much respect for parents who choose to stay home.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1451 on: May 10, 2018, 12:40:24 AM »

DeWine will win, I would still vote for Cordray since I am hackish like that, but DeWine would be a better Governor.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1452 on: May 10, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".
No, the SPLC is a scam. At the end of the day it’s merely a scam.

Says the "reformed" white supremacist....

Says the "former" Democrat....
Badger could wipe his ass with your best efforts and still improve upon them.

I guess if you're into the sort of thing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1453 on: May 11, 2018, 01:26:35 AM »

The SPLC is a hate group who "routinely espouse a wide range of utter falsehoods".

Owning hapless hacks like you?
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1454 on: May 11, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »

If a candidate wins a congressional special election in a seat previously held by the other party, then it means that every incumbent from their party in Congress in seats stronger for their party than the seat they just won is a clear favorite for re-election.

Currently, this means that the only Democratic incumbents in Congress who cannot be declared clear favorites for re-election before looking at individual race factors are Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp in the Senate, and Collin Peterson in the House, based on the threshold set by Conor Lamb.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1455 on: May 11, 2018, 11:47:32 AM »

Owning hapless hacks like you?

Would you consider yourself a hack?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1456 on: May 11, 2018, 12:57:29 PM »

The Iranian people are proud people who call themselves Persians as opposed to Arabs.

Iranian people are Persians

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1457 on: May 11, 2018, 07:00:13 PM »

I am probably in the minority here, but I believe that the disincentive towards investment caused by capital gains taxes is a good thing, and that the lower investment levels are desirable.

I think we need heavy taxation on stocks, bonds, and dividends to ensure that people cannot simply make money through them faster than they will ever need to spend it, provided that they are already wealthy at the start, so that those people actually have to get a job instead of being able to never have to work a hard day in their life.

Uh... why should somebody “have” to get a job if they are already rich? Who the hell are you to tell them that they should? Also, I can tell you understand nothing about capital gains taxes. They are already extremely heavily taxed in the United States. Most European countries have NO capital gains taxes. The reason is that they heavily tax incomes and payrolls. Restricting investment is the dumbest thing you can do to an economy. I would rather do a 100 percent wealth tax than that.

Hey Solid, go check out a graph of GDP growth compared to % of GDP in the financial sector. You’ll find that as the financial sector has boomed, so has Real GDP. Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it. A capitalist country can not exist without a vigorous investment sector. Also... you realize that for the economy to grow, some people will become proportionately richer, right? Unless everyone gets paid the exact same amount or something.

I am probably in the minority here, but I believe that the disincentive towards investment caused by capital gains taxes is a good thing, and that the lower investment levels are desirable.

I think we need heavy taxation on stocks, bonds, and dividends to ensure that people cannot simply make money through them faster than they will ever need to spend it, provided that they are already wealthy at the start, so that those people actually have to get a job instead of being able to never have to work a hard day in their life.

Uh... why should somebody “have” to get a job if they are already rich?

Because the only reason why they are rich in the 1st place is because they got lucky.

Also payroll taxes need to be abolished, since they disproportionately affect the poor.

Really, the way investment is set up, it is somewhat of a watered down version of slavery with the investors at the top being effective slave owners, and everyone else effective slaves.

Voluntarily buying stock is not slavery, you imbecile.

Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it.

Instead of having a draconian investment system in society, we need to have higher taxes on the rich, and higher spending on government programs to help the poor.

Please explain in one sentence or less what draconian means. The way you used it shows you have no idea what it means.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1458 on: May 11, 2018, 07:42:48 PM »

MI: UWS
FL: Fuzzy Bear
PA: Krazen1211
OH: Reaganfan
IA: BenBurch
TN: ExtremeConservative
KY: Santander
NH: Singletxguyforfun
VA: LimoLiberal
MD: SunshineAroundTheWorld

Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1459 on: May 11, 2018, 11:55:59 PM »

IT HAS NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE WORTHLESS KIDS WHO ALL DESERVED TO HAVE THEIR HEADS SMASHED IN OR THE ABSOLUTE TRASH THEY LISTENED TO.
Human garbage.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1460 on: May 12, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »

So therefore jimtrex's plan is invalid, as the maximum deviation (PA-3, -1.96%) is far in excess of the maximum deviation as set out under criteria 4: "Populations must be provided; maximum allowed deviation is 0.5%".

Is my plan invalid or are the rules invalid?

Your plan is invalid.
Is there a rational basis for the rules? What is it?

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1461 on: May 12, 2018, 09:16:47 AM »

WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #1462 on: May 12, 2018, 10:56:57 AM »

Professor Solid gives us a lecture about finance and the English language, neither of which he understands at even a basic level. This guy thinks people who choose to buy stock are being "enslaved", for God's sake.

Honestly, you could pretty much put any Solid post in here, but we need to try and save some bandwidth here.

Because the only reason why they are rich in the 1st place is because they got lucky.

Also payroll taxes need to be abolished, since they disproportionately affect the poor.

Really, the way investment is set up, it is somewhat of a watered down version of slavery with the investors at the top being effective slave owners, and everyone else effective slaves.

Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it.

Instead of having a draconian investment system in society, we need to have higher taxes on the rich, and higher spending on government programs to help the poor.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1463 on: May 12, 2018, 11:14:46 AM »

For the record, I was saying that Trump might go from one person to two, thereby doubling his support.

Wrong: https://youtu.be/RRkdV_xmYOI?t=43s
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1464 on: May 12, 2018, 11:32:35 AM »

Professor Solid gives us a lecture about finance and the English language, neither of which he understands at even a basic level. This guy thinks people who choose to buy stock are being "enslaved", for God's sake.

Honestly, you could pretty much put any Solid post in here, but we need to try and save some bandwidth here.

No, I was saying that the workers were basically slaves to the investors, since the money investors make from the stock market was basically money that should have been included in the workers salary.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1465 on: May 12, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »

Uh... why should somebody “have” to get a job if they are already rich? Who the hell are you to tell them that they should? Also, I can tell you understand nothing about capital gains taxes. They are already extremely heavily taxed in the United States. Most European countries have NO capital gains taxes. The reason is that they heavily tax incomes and payrolls. Restricting investment is the dumbest thing you can do to an economy. I would rather do a 100 percent wealth tax than that.

Hey Solid, go check out a graph of GDP growth compared to % of GDP in the financial sector. You’ll find that as the financial sector has boomed, so has Real GDP. Investment is not just numbers on a page- it’s a liaison between those who require capital, and those who can lend them money to buy it. A capitalist country can not exist without a vigorous investment sector. Also... you realize that for the economy to grow, some people will become proportionately richer, right? Unless everyone gets paid the exact same amount or something.

Voluntarily buying stock is not slavery, you imbecile.

Please explain in one sentence or less what draconian means. The way you used it shows you have no idea what it means.

Oh, one half of that conversation absolutely belongs here...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1466 on: May 12, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »

How can someone with such a rudimentary a. concept of American psephology and b. grasp of the English language have such confidence?
Disagree with him all you like, but I understand what he meant, even though his English is not perfect. How is your Russian?
WritOfCertiorari

« Reply #1467 on: May 12, 2018, 01:35:16 PM »

No, I was saying that the workers were basically slaves to the investors, since the money investors make from the stock market was basically money that should have been included in the workers salary.

Then there wouldn't be any investors... meaning there wouldn't be any money. How do you not understand that?

The money that people make in the stock market has nothing to do with the company itself, at least after the IPO. It's all traded between individuals who are attempting to make a profit off of the movement of the stock price. If that money were "given to the workers", no one would participate in this transaction, and the share price would be zero, defeating the entire purpose of your proposal.

What you need to realize that you aren't owed anything other than your salary and benefits when you work for a company. It's not slavery because you are choosing to accept or decline the terms of a contract, which means you have ownership of your labor. A slave is someone who is forced to perform labor regardless of what they get in return.

Ironically, you are the one advocating slavery! You want to mandate how much money someone can make off their own transactions, even to the point of total redistribution. You are probably even okay with stealing money from one person to bribe another, which I'm assuming you want to do for votes in the next election or something. This has nothing to do with the well being of workers, at all- its just a vendetta against people who have more money than you do.

Listen, capitalism has been messed up for some time now. Socialists have been making valid arguments for years. But a smart socialist would realize that the financial sector is going to be necessary one way or another, most likely through the state in that scenario. Whatever you call it, disincentivising it is a recipe for stagnation.
BenBurch
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.74, S: 7.22

« Reply #1468 on: May 15, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »

Sorry, but Hamas is entirely to blame for the violence going on in Gaza right now...they are attacking the Israelis with guns, Molotov Cocktails, and rocks, while using victims as human shields.  The Israelis are doing all any nation can be expected to do.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1469 on: May 16, 2018, 07:34:07 AM »

Really beautiful to see Republicans like John Morganelli and Brad Ashford getting T H R A S H E D in the primary by progressives!

I agree. Your chances to pick up those seats just fell off a cliff
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1470 on: May 16, 2018, 08:00:54 AM »

Really beautiful to see Republicans like John Morganelli and Brad Ashford getting T H R A S H E D in the primary by progressives!

I agree. Your chances to pick up those seats just fell off a cliff
Wild is still a favorite in PA-07.
Eastman threw away a winnable seat.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1471 on: May 16, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »

I mean, that's a pretty accurate description of Jeffress.

Romney is 100% right. This bigot, who attacked Jews in what seems to me like a classically antisemitic remark, shouldn't have been allowed to appear in any public event in Israel, and the fact that our spineless government bent down for Trump and allowed that just because they're salivating over the embassy is yet another stain of dishonour on them.

Pastor who did the benediction (different guy) said "Hitler was a hunter sent by God to force Jews to move back to the Holy Land."

Yeah this is terrible. I generally came to support the embassy move, but the whole ceremony around it is gross.

I guess this ceremony had everything for every Trump supporter out there. The fundies and neocons were happy that the move finally came, the fundies and altright were happy about the religious entourage we brought were Anti-Semitic, and of course moderates and the altright(mostly those who call themselves monarchists) were delighted by Ivanka and Jared's role in the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure no one has ever been delighted by Jared's presence, he's probably the most universally despised member of TrumpWorld.  Plus, I'm also not really sure why Jarvanka would have any sort of appeal to moderates.

Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have always been the level-headed moderates in this administration.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1472 on: May 17, 2018, 07:47:57 AM »

Another case of Atlas posters defending gang members and terrorists while they are sitting on their iPads in the safety of their own homes.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1473 on: May 17, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »

Eastman is a Socialist by Admission (TM). Because of this, Nebraska voters are left with no other rational choice but to re-elect Don Bacon. Thanks, Cenk.

Do you have a quote from her saying she's a Socialist? I haven't seen one. Maybe she is, maybe she isn't, but her positions are in line with the mainstream Democratic party and she campaigned for Hillary over Bernie.

And Cenk? Eastman announced in May 2017. Justice Democrats, an organization Cenk resigned from months ago, did not endorse her until April 2018.

Anyone who supports single payer like Eastman does is a Socialist.

Do you consider Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand Socialists? They supported Bernie's single-payer legislation.
So did centrists Lou Correa and Jim Cooper. Cooper and Correa are not socialists.

All 4 are socialists.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1474 on: May 17, 2018, 01:07:11 PM »

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Next time I have a bad hair day, I’m gonna consider joining a violent criminal cabal. Two wrongs don’t make a right, and you know that.

He thinks basically all undocumented immigrants are criminals, and every gang member was a normal kid before they got caught up in s**t. Us middle class whites literally cannot comprehend what it feels like to go through the s**t that would drive someone into a gang. You know nothing about these kids lives, yet you judge them as literally inhuman without a second thought.

Because people who join violent gangs are evil , and people shouldn’t show any sympathy to them .

Should have known my point would go in one ear and out the other...

You were the person who called me a horrible person for not empathizing with people who join terrorist groups as well(Like Omar Khadar).

Yeah, dismissing people as just evil without even trying to understand what drove them to do what they did after being called on it is kind of bad.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies