Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:07:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 78322 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2020, 06:28:15 PM »

The Democrats have no smoking gun. It turns out they have brought forward a case with very little substance. By asking for more time, more documents and witnesses, the Democrats have themselves brought to light the total weakness of their case.

It is starting to look like a simple mud throwing exercise.

Following the days play:

Republicans 1 Democrats 0

This Trail is a complete Circus IMO. No matter of witnesses are being called or not the outcome no matter if it's 2, 3 or 5 weeks like the Clinton Impeachment will be the same. Trump will be acquitted as there ain't 67 Votes to boot him from Office.

And some of these Senate Races are already pre-determined: For example Cory Gardner in Colorado will lose his Seat no matter if he convicts Trump or acquits him. Colorado is basically the new Virginia.

In Arizona McSally is highly likely to lose no matter what she does. The more interesting Senator from that State in Sinema.

Collins in Maine hasn't draw a serious Primary Challenger so she may call for witnesses.

I am hearing a lot of assertions, and not a lot of evidence here. Assertions don't work in this case without evidence.

Donald would be loving this.
I agree with you. But then what did you expect from these Clown Car House Democrats like Schiff and Nadler. This is single handily all orchestrated by those two.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

The levels of bad faith in which people like Meclazine and 2016 engage in is amazing. They never actually defend Trump with evidence but just rely on bs partisan talking points and insults

He's happily descended into a complete troll shtick. Just hit the ignore button
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2020, 06:33:17 PM »

The Schumer Amendment No. 2 is tabled 53-47. Amendment No. 3 offered by Mr. Schumer.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »

The levels of bad faith in which people like Meclazine and 2016 engage in is amazing. They never actually defend Trump with evidence but just rely on bs partisan talking points and insults

It’s not even those two. I mean has Trump’s own defense team defended his actions once? No they just repeat “witch hunt” garbage and lies nor do they even attempt to engage with the evidence Schiff has presented. The entire party (spare the small leftovers like you, Penn, and OSR) have just engage in bad faith, trolling, and a complete contempt for our system of government from Trump downward to their base
Junior Chimp

« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2020, 06:39:51 PM »

It’s not even those two. I mean has Trump’s own defense team defended his actions once? No they just repeat “witch hunt” garbage and lies nor do they even attempt to engage with the evidence Schiff has presented. The entire party (spare the small leftovers like you, Penn, and OSR) have just engage in bad faith, trolling, and a complete contempt for our system of government from Trump downward to their base
And you don't understand Politics, do you? The outcome of this Trail has already being determined. It would be Political Suicide for someone like Susan Collins, Martha McSally, Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, Thom Tills to convict Trump. There ain't enough Independents & Democrats in those States to offset losing the Republican Base. They're forced to acquit Trump to have any chance at all.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2020, 06:46:11 PM »

And you don't understand Politics, do you? The outcome of this Trail has already being determined. It would be Political Suicide for someone like Susan Collins, Martha McSally, Cory Gardner, Joni Ernst, Thom Tills to convict Trump. There ain't enough Independents & Democrats in those States to offset losing the Republican Base. They're forced to acquit Trump to have any chance at all.
I’m simply talking right and wrong here and you guys never actually defend what Trumpndid because you’re partisan hacks who think any president with an (R) should get to act like a dictator
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2020, 07:01:27 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2020, 07:07:08 PM »

I am totally onboard what WH Counsel Pat Cippolone just said on the Senate Floor. MAN, that guy is good.

The House Inquiry is a complete HOAX orchestrated by Pelosi, Schiff and Nadler.

Cipollone continued: “If I showed up in any court in this country and I said, ‘Judge, my case is overwhelming, but I’m not ready to go yet. I need more evidence’ … I would get thrown out in two seconds and that’s exactly what should happen here.”

So, we should just ignore the overwhelming amount of incriminating, corroborated evidence that has already been gathered?

What a joke Poll from Liberal Hack Manu Raju.

Thus far in the States that matter in the Electoral College come November. "Removing Trump from Office" is either tied or below.

How many people did SSrS have to poll from CA, NY, IL to get that 51 % Number. CNN AGAIN fabricating Polls like they did for Gillum and Nelson in FL during 2018 Midterms.

You are a nut.

A MAGAdamia nut.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2020, 07:11:42 PM »

60% in ME?! That seems too good to be true. If it is, then Collins is done.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2020, 07:13:24 PM »

I’m simply talking right and wrong here and you guys never actually defend what Trumpndid because you’re partisan hacks who think any president with an (R) should get to act like a dictator

We have had TOO MANY PRESIDENTS with a "D" next to their Name who enacted "Dangerous Legislation" like ObamaCare and Dodd-Frank.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2020, 07:17:10 PM »

We have had TOO MANY PRESIDENTS with a "D" next to their Name who enacted "Dangerous Legislation" like ObamaCare and Dodd-Frank.
My god you’re a partisan hack
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2020, 07:21:04 PM »

60% in ME?! That seems too good to be true. If it is, then Collins is done.

Those numbers are mind-boggling, especially since Civiqs has generally had pretty good numbers for Trump.  If these translate to the general election, Trump will be toast.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2020, 07:27:02 PM »

Basically, support for impeachment of the President is over 53% in all states that President Trump lost, majority in Arizona, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin; and with pluralities for impeachment in Georgia and Ohio. It's almost an inverse of what I would expect in approval.  

Trump will not be removed; Mitch McConnell will see to that. The fix is in, and it is only a matter of time before Republicans start crowing that Trump is vindicated. Dislike the result? Vote Democratic in November.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

There is no limit to how low the right can sink.   There really isn't.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2020, 07:35:18 PM »

The Schumer Amendment No. 3 is tabled 53-47. Amendment No. 4 offered by Mr. Schumer.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #440 on: January 21, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »

Here we go...
Junior Chimp

« Reply #441 on: January 21, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »

Here we go...
Doesn't matter! Romney isn't up for Re-Election this year. His next Election will be in 2024.
However this will probably happen in every single State with a competitive Race this year.

That's why the likes of Gardner, McSally will not vote to call witnesses and documents. McSally already has drawn a Primary Challenge.
Cinemark

« Reply #442 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50:19 PM »

Romney is still at +10 according to the Morning Consult that is being referenced in the article.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #443 on: January 21, 2020, 08:06:37 PM »

Here we go...

He isn't up for re-election until 2024. He'll be fine. I hope he keeps that in mind and continues doing the right thing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #444 on: January 21, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #445 on: January 21, 2020, 08:42:19 PM »

If it is decided to call witnesses, the GOP will take heavy advantage of the situation. For every John Bolton demanded by the Democrats there will be a Hunter Biden, Whistleblower, (possibly Joe himself) to testify.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: January 21, 2020, 09:15:20 PM »

I sincerely urge every Democratic & Republican Senator in the Senate to start this Trail and not getting caught in these Amendments.

There will be a time for everything including witnesses. Why the heck now before presenting the Case of FOR or AGAINST.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #447 on: January 21, 2020, 09:19:03 PM »

If Dems wanted witnesses they should of done so in the House and they chosed not to. There isnt no whistleblower either
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #448 on: January 21, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2020, 09:32:36 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

If it is decided to call witnesses, the GOP will take heavy advantage of the situation. For every John Bolton demanded by the Democrats there will be a Hunter Biden, Whistleblower, (possibly Joe himself) to testify.
I just love transparently fake your parties “don’t tread on me” gimmick has been shown to be by your hardon to out a legitimate whistleblower because he blew the whistle on “your side”
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #449 on: January 21, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »

Although I do believe Trump is guilty, Trump is exactly right, this is a publicity by the media to get ratings, while average Americans arent getting their lives changed, that's why Trump is at 48/52 approvals, Rassy polls and leading by 5 in FL
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies