The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:35:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240795 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:20 PM »

EVERYTHING is about race/sex. Everything.

Remember kids, it's OK for white males to refer to themselves as "the next president" or whatever, but not OK when women or minorities do it.

If you don't think race plays some factor (in fairness, it's probably subconscious more often than not) in the True Leftist rage against Kamala Harris (2nd most progressive Senator) and Cory Booker (3rd most progressive senator), you're willfully ignorant.

Yeah, look at how much the True Leftists love Andrew Cuomo.  Oh wait...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #951 on: February 01, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »

Logical fallacy posted directly into the reservation. Apparently "A -> B" is disproven by "~C -> ~B" now?

Yeah, look at how much the True Leftists love Andrew Cuomo.  Oh wait...

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #952 on: February 02, 2018, 08:13:11 AM »

Remember kids, it's OK for white males to refer to themselves as "the next president" or whatever, but not OK when women or minorities do it.

If you don't think race plays some factor (in fairness, it's probably subconscious more often than not) in the True Leftist rage against Kamala Harris (2nd most progressive Senator) and Cory Booker (3rd most progressive senator), you're willfully ignorant.

I don’t really care about this conversation, but it seems a tad disingenuous to label someone the second most progressive Senator after a *year*.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #953 on: February 02, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »

I don’t really care about this conversation, but it seems a tad disingenuous to label someone the second most progressive Senator after a *year*.

I'm just quoting their DWNominate scores since those are the most commonly cited scores out there. We can use other scores and rankings if you'd rather, which consistently put the pair in the top 10, but always 2-3.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #954 on: February 02, 2018, 10:21:52 AM »

I'm just quoting their DWNominate scores since those are the most commonly cited scores out there. We can use other scores and rankings if you'd rather, which consistently put the pair in the top 10, but always 2-3.

I’m discussing duration of time; one’s record probably isn’t as good a barometer as that of someone who’s served four or five years, and particularly in these polarizing times.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #955 on: February 02, 2018, 12:57:36 PM »

I'm not a bernie supporter BUT I think the best shot for the bernie bros, other than bernie himself, would be Brown and Warren.

Brown voted to ban flag burning in the early 2000s. Since Sanders supporters hate America that won't sit well with them.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #956 on: February 02, 2018, 08:50:46 PM »

Yesterday at 4:52pm I was finishing a bag of goldfish and getting ready to head out to the pyscologist, anyways, sorry for your loss.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #957 on: February 02, 2018, 09:32:05 PM »

The idea tax cuts is some master political strategy is weird. Even in the 1980s crime panic and late Cold War jingoism did far more to win the GOP votes than tax cuts. Nobody really cares about taxes anymore and the few people that do always vote Republican.

100% bet you don't even pay taxes at all.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #958 on: February 02, 2018, 09:38:38 PM »

While the 18th amendment was repealed and all 50 states allow some alcohol sales and consumption, all 50 states still ban drinking in public, all 50 states heavily restrict where alcohol is sold, American Medical Association will call you an "alcoholic" if you drink at certain times of day or drink amounts of alcohol that aren't dangerous, and there's a social stigma surrounding "needing alcohol to have fun".
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #959 on: February 03, 2018, 09:06:39 AM »

> Both have left-wing economic policy

> Both oppose the EU and rant against the "globalist elites"

> Both want to stop all immigration, one is just more outwardly bigoted about it.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #960 on: February 03, 2018, 11:30:00 AM »

Who would be on Massachusetts Rep. Joe Kennedy III's vice presidential shortlist?

Kennedy III is a wealthy, white male liberal Northeasterner. Should Kennedy III's VP:

• Be a white male by reinforcing white males on the ticket (Sherrod Brown, Richard Cordray, Tim Ryan, Eric Swalwell)
  • Add racial and gender diversity (Booker, Harris, Klobuchar, Gillibrand)

Who would be Joe Kennedy III pick as his vice presidential running mate?

What is you left wingers sick obsession with race and sex?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #961 on: February 03, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »

Uhh what is this racial take? Back when I was home (1 month ago admittedly) the race of the candidates wasn't really an issue. Rather it was that SF politics is heavily factionalised into personal camps and local issues like development. Politics is also "pyramid shaped meritocratic" so everyone wishes for the top job. Breed at the time seemed like a compromise candidate between the factions whp cpuld keep the ship running. She however was gaining popularity quickly, much quicker than a seatwarmer should. But even then, people were expecting a Leno push for the office in November.

I guess I should go and check up whats happening back home.

The racial take was very prominent, as the progressives brought up her race when removing her from office, albeit they said they were disappointed they had to replace a black woman who grew up in public housing with a rich white millionaire from Pacific Heights.

This wasn't about being progressive. Neither of them is progressive. It was about not having the same person having too much power by being both President of the Board of supervisors and mayor.  Of course the non progressives do everything they can to stop there from being a progressive mayor of San Francisco, whether it's assassinating a progressive mayor in 1978 so that Dianne Feinstein can become mayor, or Newsom delaying taking office as Lt. Governor in 2011 so that a more conservative board of supervisors picks his replacement.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #962 on: February 03, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »

How long till jfern starts posting Seth Rich and Vince Foster assassination conspiracies?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #963 on: February 03, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »

If Hillary had said, "I will sign whatever tax cut Ryan and McConnell want, and won't demand it be diluted nor will I demand anything in return," would she have won?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #964 on: February 04, 2018, 12:04:00 AM »

context:

Yes, she would have racked up even bigger margins in the Philly, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Maricopa, suburban areas to flip those states, and would have improved her margins elsewhere as well.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #965 on: February 04, 2018, 09:46:03 AM »

I really feel like a lot of the Tulsi hate is stemming from her endorsing Bernie and going so hard after the Clintons. Manchin is a literal DINO and gets far less grief and he happened to endorse Hillary.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #966 on: February 04, 2018, 08:04:21 PM »

He's obviously DOA if Lipinski wins the primary, but what if Newnan pulls it off?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #967 on: February 04, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »

Must be from the moderate wing of the party.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #968 on: February 04, 2018, 08:08:18 PM »

Do I have to put an /s at the end of every joke or is something else at play here?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #969 on: February 05, 2018, 09:38:43 AM »

Jones also said he doesn’t support interracial marriage or integration in schools, and he hesitated when asked whether African-Americans and Latinos should have the right to vote.

“I don’t believe in equality — period,” Jones said.

So he's pretty rank-and-file with his party there.

I'm not too worried about this seat since Hillary did win it, but isn't this the socially conservative Democratic district where these kinds of views could resonate with the deplorables?
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #970 on: February 05, 2018, 10:14:11 AM »

context:

Sounds like a typical Illinois Republican to me.

Amen. Never met someone in Chicago who was not like this.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #971 on: February 05, 2018, 10:18:34 AM »

Wrong thread.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #972 on: February 05, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »

The Russians are our great friends and allies and we should definitely enlist their help in defeating terrorists and winning the 2018 and other future elections.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #973 on: February 06, 2018, 12:51:08 AM »

I’m extremely shocked right now, I was expecting the Market to be up big today. If this continues I may have to reavaluate some of my political predictions.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #974 on: February 06, 2018, 01:45:07 AM »

The Russians are our great friends and allies and we should definitely enlist their help in defeating terrorists and winning the 2018 and other future elections.

Come on man. Even I've grown to accept that k r a z e n is nothing more than a clown and a stain on the Mod Squad respectability meter.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies