Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:50:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 82
Author Topic: Update XIX: Melancholy and the Infinite Napping  (Read 206313 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: December 28, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »

bushie is it true that your parents' church is less conservative than yours?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1376 on: December 28, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »

It was on their facialbook today.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1377 on: December 28, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »

bushie is it true that your parents' church is less conservative than yours?

If anything, they may be slightly more conservative.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1378 on: December 28, 2014, 02:05:49 PM »

things ive learned over the last few pages:

1. only southern baptists go to heaven

2.  bushie still spends money for no good reason.

Nowhere have I ever said or implied that only Southern Baptists go to heaven.  The only requirement to go to heaven is that one admits to God they're a sinner, believes that Jesus died on the cross for their sin, and ask Him to come into their hearts and save them.  That's it.  Pure and simple.  Anybody can do that, not just Southern Baptists.  I have many friends who are Methodist, Nazarene, Catholic, and other denominations, and the entry requirement into heaven is the same across the board.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1379 on: December 28, 2014, 02:10:18 PM »

^ So then ultimately what is the point of having any kind of denominations?  Why not attend a Catholic mass?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1380 on: December 28, 2014, 02:12:14 PM »

^ So then ultimately what is the point of having any kind of denominations?  Why not attend a Catholic mass?

I agree, denominations are stupid and won't be recognized in heaven.  I can worship with anybody as long as they believe the fundamental things I mentioned the previous post.  I believe Catholics are just another denomination, not a separate division.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1381 on: December 28, 2014, 03:42:04 PM »

Yet just a few seasons ago, he was saying that he would never attend a Pentecostal church because of doctrinal differences. I believe ODF has also stayed that he would not even allow a Mormon to enter his home.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1382 on: December 28, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »

Yet just a few seasons ago, he was saying that he would never attend a Pentecostal church because of doctrinal differences. I believe ODF has also stayed that he would not even allow a Mormon to enter his home.

Pentecostals do have fundamental differences I don't like.  Also, Mormons are not Christians.  They are a separate religion.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1383 on: December 28, 2014, 03:46:49 PM »

Pentecostals do have fundamental differences I don't like.  Also, Mormons are not Christians.  They are a separate religion.

You can't pick and choose which denominations are Christians. If they view themselves as a Christian denomination, they're Christians, simple as that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1384 on: December 28, 2014, 03:48:42 PM »

You can't pick and choose which denominations are Christians. If they view themselves as a Christian denomination, they're Christians, simple as that.

You have it backward.  It doesn't matter what somebody thinks.  It only matters what God thinks.  Why can't people understand that?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1385 on: December 28, 2014, 03:49:04 PM »

Jeff comes from the Marguerite Perrin Theological School of Christianity.

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1386 on: December 28, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »

Can't speak for Bushie but the reason I'd never be Catholic is I'd never associate with a church that doesn't permit women to be pastors or leaders. Of course that would also exclude me from being a Southern Baptist.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1387 on: December 28, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »

Indeed.  People can call themselves whatever they like.  

I consider myself more of a Christian than Bushie, as a matter of fact, because my my political views are pretty much in line with what Bill Maher says Jesus's are.  
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1388 on: December 28, 2014, 03:51:18 PM »

Bushie is, of course, correct about mormanism.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1389 on: December 28, 2014, 03:54:08 PM »

Agree with Lief and Bushie on Mormons.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1390 on: December 28, 2014, 04:08:59 PM »

So basically what Bushie believes is he can do whatever he wants and just because he knows he's a sinner and believes in Jesus that he will be saved. Fits perfectly with his life, no personal responsibility. Also pretty disgusting, he should be ashamed of himself and better get that turned around or he'll be roasting in hell.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1391 on: December 28, 2014, 04:28:59 PM »

All the denoninations have fundamental differences. That's the whole reason they exist. Do you think you have no fundamental differences with the Papist Church?
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #1392 on: December 28, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »

By any definition, Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is certainly influenced by Christianity but it's a separate faith that operates according to doctrines derived from a holy text that Christians don't recognize.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1393 on: December 28, 2014, 06:49:17 PM »

Also, Mormons are not Christians.  They are a separate religion.

But you just said that all it takes to get into heaven is to admit to God that you're a sinner and believe that Jesus died for your sins.  Mormons believe that as much as any other denomination.  So I guess by your logic, Mormons aren't Christians, yet they're still able to get into heaven, whereas other non-Christian religions aren't going to have people going to heaven because they don't buy into the Jesus part?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1394 on: December 28, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »

Can't speak for Bushie but the reason I'd

Nobody asked you, and this isn't about you.  Your life and your beliefs aren't interesting in any way, so stop trying to inject it into a thread dedicated to one that is.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1395 on: December 28, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »

By any definition, Mormons aren't Christians. Mormonism is certainly influenced by Christianity but it's a separate faith that operates according to doctrines derived from a holy text that Christians don't recognize.

If that's your definition then Orthodox Tewahedo aren't Christian either.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1396 on: December 28, 2014, 07:48:52 PM »

Also, Mormons are not Christians.  They are a separate religion.

But you just said that all it takes to get into heaven is to admit to God that you're a sinner and believe that Jesus died for your sins.  Mormons believe that as much as any other denomination.  So I guess by your logic, Mormons aren't Christians, yet they're still able to get into heaven, whereas other non-Christian religions aren't going to have people going to heaven because they don't buy into the Jesus part?

He also said that Christianity isn't a religion at all. He's just making it up as he goes, stringing together phrases he's heard at church.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1397 on: December 28, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »

Oh dear, according to the Facebook feed, he is referring to the orphans again as: "son" and "daughter." It may be damage control time.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1398 on: December 29, 2014, 12:28:22 AM »

Oh dear, according to the Facebook feed, he is referring to the orphans again as: "son" and "daughter." It may be damage control time.

I should have my parents send a modest check to Africa so I can too know the joys of parenthood.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1399 on: December 29, 2014, 12:31:24 AM »

Wasn't it actually his grandmother that was paying for them? So by that standard he's actually their nephew.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 82  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies