2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 09:11:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37
Author Topic: 2012 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 80775 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2013, 04:57:31 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Statement:
The Ron Paul campaign is appalled by the constant negative ads run by our opponents, and find it disgraceful to the electoral process. Instead of attacking others, take a honorable stand and promote your own record, and if you can not promote your own record, then perhaps you should not be in this race at all. The Ron Paul campaign stands by less government and Ron Paul has never voted for a tax hike, and if that is the man you want, Ron Paul is your Man. A man of principle who stands by his record.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2013, 05:24:34 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 12:
Rally in Ames, IA
Rally in Newton, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA with St. Sen. Kent Sorenson

Dec. 13:
Rally in Clive, IA
Town Hall in Altoona, IA
Barnstorm in Johnston, IA

Dec. 14:
Speech in Des Moines, IA with Rand Paul, Justin Amash and Penn Jillette
Rally with Justin Amash in Urbandale, IA
Appear on Freedom Watch

Dec. 15:
Rally in Muscatine, IA
Barnstorm Clinton, IA

Dec. 16:
Barnstorm Coralville, IA
Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
Appear on Fox News

Dec. 17:
Barnstorm Burlington, IA
Rally in Ottumwa, IA

Dec. 18:
Barnstorm Marshalltown, IA
Rally in Cedar Falls, IA

Kent Sorenson to Iowans:
"My fellow Iowans, I stand here with Ron Paul, because he is the candiate who will restore sound money and government, and protect your rights as individuals. And as parents, the right to homeschool your children, Ron Paul is the man for the job, so come this January, vote Ron Paul!"

Debate Answer:
Absolutely not! Here we are broke and on a bankruptcy course, and what do we want to do? Print more money! Spend more money! The best thing we can do for the EU is become fiscally responsible ourselves, get out of debt and bring the economy back before we can even think of sending any money anywhere!

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2013, 05:50:19 PM »

TV and Radio ad to run in Iowa and NH:
Ron Paul: The man with a plan, a plan to restore America now. To cut a trillion dollars each year, end the federal reserve, and eliminate the IRS. Want to be sure? Look at his record: Never voted for spending or tax increase, always voted with the constitution, even when it wasn't popular among congress. Ron Paul doesn't play political games, Ron Paul follows the rules, The constitution. Ron Paul: The man with integrity, the man with a plan.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2013, 10:01:47 PM »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead

Week of December 12th - 18th: Big Shocker: More New Hampshire

December 12th (with Ambassador and Dartmouth grad Stephen W. Bosworth)Sad
Meet and greet, Meredith, NH
Meet and greet, Center Harbor, NH
Townhall, Gilford, NH
Rally, Laconia, NH

December 13th (with Bosworth)Sad
Breakfast with Buddy, Alton, NH
Meet and greet in Belmont, NH
Townhall in Sanbornton, NH

December 14th (with State Senator Bob Odell):
Meet and greet in Springfield, NH
Meet and greet in Plainfield, NH
Lunch in Cornish, NH
Rally in Claremont, NH

December 15th (with Odell):
Rally in Charlestown, NH
Meet and greet in Acworth, NH
Meet and greet in Lempster, NH
Townhall in Washington, NH

December 16th (with Odell)Sad
Service at the Newport United Methodist Church, Newport, NH
Meet and greet in Goshen, NH
Rally in Unity, NH
Townhall in Langdon, NH

Major speech on recent events, to be broadcast on MSNBC, CNN, and whoever else.

It's great to be here in Unity, New Hampshire, and that's what I want to talk about today - Unity. Specifically, party unity. With this massive battle between Governor Huckabee and Governor Daniels, what we need to focus on is unity. While a healthy debate is essential to party strength, and we should air the differences between our visions of conservatism, we should not make the mistake of violating Ronald Reagan's Eleventh Commandment - thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican. We need party unity if we want to focus on our goal in November - we want to defeat Obama, not ourselves; he is the real problem, and I'll say this now - anyone in this field would be leaps and bounds above the current administration. Moderate, conservative, libertarian, whatever you're campaigning as, from Paul to Daniels to Huckabee, all would be better than Obama's liberalism, and that's what we need to focus on - presenting a viable, conservative contrast to the current policies. On unity.

December 17th:
Meet and greet in Marlow, NH
Lunch in Alstead, NH
Meet and greet in Walpole, NH
Townhall in Westmoreland, NH

December 18th:
Breakfast in Chesterfield, NH
Lunch in Hinsdale, NH
Meet and greet in Winchester, NH
Townhall in Richmond, NH

Debate Response

Really, as to whether we should bail out the Euro, that depends on the situation at the time. If it wouldn't have much of an impact on America's economic fortunes, then I would support that money being used on something different - like investments in our infrastructure or education, or tax cuts for middle-class Americans, and letting Europe deal with Europe's problems. However, we really can't afford to fall back into another recession: if it's absolutely necessary to act, I would do so. But unless it's absolutely necessary to protect the American taxpayer and that's the best way we can spend our money, Europe needs to fix their own problems so we can focus on ours. Fundamentally we should protect the American economy - if this is how we can do it, then we should, but if it's not, and right now it's not, then we certainly shouldn't.

ENDORSEMENTS

Former VP Candidate Pat Choate

I'm proud to offer my support to Governor Roemer in this race. My job is studying long-term US economic policy, I'm an economist, and the candidate who is going to do the most for promoting jobs here in America is Buddy Roemer.

Stephen W. Bosworth

The best candidate out of all of these ones is Gov. Roemer. He's got a head on his shoulders - he'll be good in the complex world of foreign affairs. I have a long experience in foreign affairs, from Korea to the Philippines to Tunisia to Japan, and Gov. Roemer will be the best of em all, both at promoting global stability and international trade for American industries.

Bob Odell

I'm proud to offer Gov. Roemer my endorsement. Not many candidates make their way out to my little town of Lempster, but Governor Roemer has, and he's done the same for dozens of other small towns - he's reaching out to small-town America, and that's something I really respect, which is why I offer him my support in this primary election, and I do believe that he can do really well in this state of New Hampshire.
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2013, 10:59:14 PM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Schedule December 12th-18th
     "Iowa voters, your caucuses are first in the nation. Y'all play a huge part in the process we know as the Republican Primaries and because of this you must be bold this year, daring in fact. I stand for the values not only Iowa espouses, but the majority of the nation as well and I hope y'all see that in my campaign which grows day by day thanks to the efforts of everyone of you. As our message spreads I believe it will draw in support for the true Republican candidate in this race, one who is staying out of the constant bickering by other members of my party. Iowa make a statement this January, I think we can all agree one is desperately needed!"

Monday December 12th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with Mary Fallin, John Thune, John Kyl, Susana Martinez, and Tom Latham
Rally in Des Moines with Republican Women
Meet and Greet with Independents in Des Moines
Fundraiser with small donors in Des Moines
Appearance on the "O'Reilly Factor"

"Well Ladies, 100 years ago we didn't have the right to vote yet everywhere, ain't that something? Since that time however, we've gained it and because of this we've caused waves in America, positive waves, in my view. We've seem women Supreme Court Justices, Senators, and Representatives, even Vice Presidential Nominees, but never a Women President or even Presidential nominee. I think its time to change this, don't y'all. Its time to get a women in the White House. While there are other female candidates in this race, all who have my utmost respect, I think I can make it to the White House and break the glass ceiling. Ain't it time? Today we move forward and together we'll win."

Tuesday December 13th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Jeb Bush, John Kyl, and Tom Latham
Speech in Sioux City on the Economy
Rally in Waterloo on Foreign Policy
Meet and Greet with Veterans in Waterloo
Speech in Waterloo to Farmers

Wednesday December 14th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with Jan Brewer, Chris Christie, and Tom Latham)
Speech to Undecided Youth Voters in Des Moines
Rally with Farmers outside of Des Moines
Record Interview for "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams"
Fundraising dinner in Des Moines

Thursday December 15th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Chris Christie, Jan Brewer, Olympia Snowe, and Susan Collins)
Speech in Concord on the future of the GOP
Rally in Dixville Notch with local residents
Speech to undecided voters at St. Anslem's College
Appearance on "The Situation Room"

Friday December 16th, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, and Susana Martinez)
Townhall in Manchester with Voters
Meet and Greet (alongside surrogates) following Townhall in Manchester
Rally in Manchester
Fundraiser in Concord

Saturday December 17th, 2011 SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Lindsey Graham and NRA Spokespeople)
Speech in Myrtle Beach to Gun Owners
Rally in Myrtle Beach with undecided voters
Speech to Campaign Volunteers in Columbia
Appearance on Local TV

Sunday December 18th, 2011- NEVADA (Campaigning with John Kyl, Susana Martinez, Jan Brewer, and Gordon Smith)
Rally in Suburban Las Vegas
Speech to Hispanics in Las Vegas
Rally in Reno focused on the Economy
Fundraiser in Reno with small donors

Debate Response: I'll echo Gov. Roemer's opinion when I say it should depend on the effect the economy in Europe is going to have on that here in the United States. I don't think, and I hope my sentiment is shared by all those on this stage, that we need to be sending a lot of American money over there if their is little risk to the U.S. economy. I know it sounds cruel, but we need to focus on repairing our economic standing before we repair the standing of other countries. In recent years our economy has been sluggish with growth hard to find under the Obama Administration. If we reelect him, this growth will continually be hard to find and eventually we'll find ourselves in a situation much like Europe's today.

John Kyl:
     "People of Arizona, as well as the rest of this beautiful nation, I am here today to endorse the candidate I know will lead us to victory this November, Kay Bailey Hutchinson. It won't just be Republicans who will benefit from a Hutchinson presidency, but everyone. Kay will fight unemployment, work on immigration reform, and other issues involving those who never seem to get a voice in today's political climate, especially under President Obama. Its time to quit blaming and dividing, instead we should be forgiving and uniting, and I know under a Kay Presidency, this will occur. Thank you."

Gordon Smith:

"Looking at the field this cycle, with all the bickering there's one candidate who has my support, and that's Kay Bailey Hutchinson. It was amazing to see her work in the Senate so diligently and I am so inspired to have the honor of appearing here today. Kay is tireless, diligent, and hardworking things we desperately need in a President which aren't present in the high amount in any other candidate that they are in Kay. She is the person I'll be voting for this November and I hope you'll join me. It'd be my greatest honor."

Jan Brewer:

"Earlier in this campaign I endorsed Mitt Romney, and supported him 100%. Of course I understood when he dropped out of the race and that made me look for someone else who will lead our party to victory. I didn't have to look hard, I found the same great qualities that made me endorse Governor Romney in Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She is amazing and will represent every American and she sure is one of the most trustworthy politicians I have ever seen. She really holds herself true to her constituents and that is a quality I think is undervalued in today's political climate. Vote for Kay, Vote for Our Present and Our Future"

Susana Martinez:
     "When I was looking for who I would endorse in this extremely important election I looked for the candidate whom I viewed as the most friendly to small businesses, which have been suffering during the last 4 years. I had to look no further than Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Kay will fight for the common man in Washington and truly understands the importance of Main Street America. That's really important to me and I know it'll be important to a lot of voters on Election Day. We need a new direction during these next four years, and let me tellya, Kay is that new direction. She'll dispel the rumors of America's supposed decline and will lead our nation forward, forward to a brighter future."
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #205 on: June 07, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »

Kelly Ayotte Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 12:
Barnstorm Marshalltown, IA
Rally in Cedar Falls, IA

Dec. 13:
Barnstorm Coralville, IA
Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
Appear on Fox News

Dec. 14:
Rally in Clive, IA
Town Hall in Altoona, IA
Barnstorm in Johnston, IA

Dec. 15:
Rally in Muscatine, IA
Barnstorm Clinton, IA

Dec. 16:
Barnstorm Burlington, IA
Rally in Ottumwa, IA

Dec. 17:
Rally in Ames, IA
Rally in Newton, IA
Town Hall in Indianola, IA

Dec. 18:
Rally in Muscatine, IA
Barnstorm Clinton, IA

Rick Santorum to Iowans:
"Now, do you the people of the great state of Iowa want someone who will be able to defeat Obama in November!  If you say yes to to question, then Kelly Ayotte is the person for you.  Over the years, she has been a hard worker, and as president, will continue to do this."

Debate Answer:
No, that is my simple and short answer, but since I have time, I'll give the crowd my long answer.  We as a country are at a crossroads, if we keep going down this road, then we will find ourselves in the same hole as Europe.  The EU has counties which can help the failing ones.  Right now, we need to get on a path of fiscal responsibility so that we won't end up in 20 or 30 years like some EU countries begging for a bailout.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #206 on: June 07, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 05:36:48 PM by Jayhawker »

The week of December 19th -25th starts now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 28%
Hutchison: 26%
Huckabee: 19%
Huntsman: 10%
Paul: 7%
Ayotte: 5%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 2%

IOWA

Daniels: 22%
Huckabee: 22%
Hutchison: 21%
Paul: 14%
Ayotte: 4%
Huntsman: 3%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 15%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Huntsman: 20%
Ayotte: 17%
Hutchison: 16%
Daniels: 15%
Roemer: 7%
Huckabee: 6%
Paul: 5%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 14%

Candidates Feud, Hutchison Benefits

After receiving praise from President Obama last week, Republicans, primarily Governor Mike Huckabee, pounced on Governor Daniels, and it is working, as his national lead has all but evaporated. However, Daniels hasn't gone down without a fight, and his attacks on Huckabee are working as well. Through it all, the final "first-tier" candidate, Kay Bailey Hutchison, is seeing the most benefit, as she is in position to retake the lead nationally.

More and more Americans are starting to pay attention to Buddy Roemer after impressive debate performances - could he be a dark-horse candidate? Huntsman's campaign has developed an excellent ground game in New Hampshire, superior to Ayotte's. It will be hard to stop him there. Ayotte's move to campaign in Iowa this week, a state where she has little chance, was questioned by many in the party and within her own campaign...she has fallen to second place in New Hampshire.

Jesse Ventura's Independent bid has also gotten off to a strong start, but will it derail the Republican's effort at defeating Obama? Polling has him at 3% right now, and a majority of his supporters identify as conservatives or libertarians.

Tentative Primary Map:

Hutchison - Green
Daniels - Red
Huckabee - Light Blue
Huntsman - Dark Blue

Daniels is the default candidate for much of the Midwest, and has also claimed the mantle in the Northeast, though Huntsman has moved into second in most of those states, and rising. Huckabee has a strong base in the Deep South, but will he be able to hold on without winning IA, NH, or SC, as he is currently not projected to do?

Debate Grades:
Mike Huckabee - B
Jon Huntsman - A-
Kay Bailey Hutchison - B-
Buddy Roemer - B+
Kelly Ayotte - B-
Mitch Daniels - B+
Ron Paul - A-

Debate Question: Affirmative action in higher education is about to be being reconsidered before the Supreme Court. Do you support affirmative action in any form, and do you believe legacy admissions should benefit children of privilege like your own??

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #207 on: June 07, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 03:35:32 PM by Spiral »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: December 19 - December 25

December 19
-Town Hall in Helena, MT
-Town Hall in Kalispell, MT
-Town Hall in Belgrade, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Billings, MT

December 20
-Town Hall in Anaconda, MT
-Town Hall in Havre, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Missoula, MT
-Appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

December 21
-Rally in Gresham, OR
-Rally in Salem, OR
-Rally in Eugene, OR
-Rally in Portland, OR
-Appearance on Late Night with David Letterman

LETTERMAN: So, governor, how does it feel to be back in the political spotlight again?

VENTURA: As good as it can be, I suppose. Going around the country, I see a lot of people enthusiastic about my campaign. I'll tell ya, a lot of these folks have been voting Democrat and Republican all their lives, but I get so many of them coming up to me after the rallies and stating that they're willing to vote for an independent like me without it feeling like a 'wasted vote' to them. That's progress if anything. My other goal besides to win is to obliterate the myth of the wasted vote with third-party candidates, and if the momentum keeps going at this rate, that could very well happen.

LETTERMAN: What do you think about the other candidates in the race?

VENTURA: Oh, I don't think much about them. [audience laughs] Well, I take that back: I'm very fond of Ron Paul, who I endorsed for the Republican nomination, as well as Buddy Roemer, who I think is taking a very noble stance against big money. I would be content if either were the nominee for their party, though I doubt it's going to happen because the establishment won't let it happen. Otherwise, I think everyone else are hacks. The other Republicans are just like Bush--they love militarism and crony capitalism. And as for Obama, where's the change I heard so much about? He's just like Bush too, but he's even worse when it comes to the wars, our civil liberties, and so on. Come the general election, I'll be the only choice for voters if they want to see a true difference in policy.

LETTERMAN: One last question: Do you really think that you can win this thing?

VENTURA: It's definitely possible, so long as the people are willing to vote for me. Let's look at this, David: I'm polling at 3% nationally right now, and considerably higher in select states. When I first jumped in the governor's race in Minnesota back in 1998, I was only polling at 5%. I still have almost a year's worth of time to catch up, so the two parties better watch it. [winks]

LETTERMAN: Thank you for your time, Governor Ventura.

VENTURA: Glad to be here again, David.

December 22
-Rally and Fundraiser in Aurora, CO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Colorado Springs, CO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Northeast Jefferson, CO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Denver, CO

I heard that you'll be voting on a measure next year on whether to legalize marijuana. I say, it's been long enough already! The War on Drugs has been a total failure all around. After more then forty years of this federal policy, drugs are still as accessible to people, if not more now, and our prison populations are through the roof with non-violent criminals occupying them because of petty crimes like possessing a little pot. This isn't the way to go forward. When Obama first came into office, I was slightly optimistic about changes happening in this respect, because his administration early on promised it wouldn't crack down on medical marijuana dispensaries where they're legal anymore. What has happened instead? Now the Obama administration pulled back on that promise, and is cracking down on the facilities at a rate not even seen during Bush's term in office. The answer is simple: we've got to legalize marijuana. Do you really want to see billions of more taxpayer dollars and the lives of innocent people go down the drain?

December 23
-Town Hall in Bedford, NH
-Rally in Concord, NH
-Rally in Nashua, NH
-Rally in Manchester, NH
-Appearance on Conan

AUDIENCE MEMBER: What do you think about this controversy with Mitch Daniels and how he's not conservative enough for people like Mike Huckabee?

VENTURA: It's all baloney. All of these clowns are trumpeting the 'conservative' mantle to their name like they actually practice it, but it's not true. How can you be a 'conservative' and refuse to cut spending on areas like defense, and how can you be one when you continue to let atrocious deficits happen because of that? I'm a Goldwater conservative--I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal. The Republicans we have today are just as financially reckless as the Democrats supposedly are.

December 24
-Rally in Plymouth, MN
-Rally in Duluth, MN
-Rally in Saint Paul, MN

December 25
-Rally in Reno, NV
-Rally in Paradise, NV
-Rally in Henderson, NV
-Rally and Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #208 on: June 07, 2013, 02:59:25 PM »

Jon Huntsman schedule-December 19th-December 25th.

Monday, December 19th, 2011:
10:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Nashua, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Lunch at Margarita’s Mexican Restaurant.
3:00 PM-5:00 PM: Going door-to-door in Amherst, New Hampshire.
6:00 PM: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire.

Tuesday, December 20th, 2011:
9:00 AM: Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
12:00 PM: Flight to Wisconsin.
3:00 PM: Opening the campaigns central Wisconsin office with supporters in Madison, Wisconsin.
8:00 PM: Appearance on The O’Reilly Factor.

Wednesday, December 21st, 2011:
12:00 PM: Lunch with Congressman Paul Ryan (seeking endorsement) at the Cozy Inn Chinese restaurant in Janesville, Wisconsin.
3:00 PM: Rally in Janesville, Wisconsin.
6:00 PM: Rally in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Thursday, December 22nd, 2011:
6:00 AM: Board rented bus to drive from Kenosha Wisconsin to Iowa.
9:00 AM: Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
12:00 PM: Rally in Ames, Iowa.
3:00 PM: Rally in Iowa City, Iowa.
6:00 PM: Rally in Davenport, Iowa.

Friday, December 23rd:
Flight to Utah, no events planned.

Saturday, December 24th:
No events planned.

Sunday, December 25th:
Spending Christmas with family, no events planned.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #209 on: June 07, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: Dec 19-25

DeMint Rallies Conservatives for Huckabee
"Conservatives are coming home, coming home to the true candidate in the race and that is Mike Huckabee. Hutchinson, Huntsman and Daniels are all respectable individuals with a decorated resume, but in a race where need a clear contrast between the economic policies of free market and limited government, with that of Barack Obama's big government liberalism. Mike Huckabee is represents that choice. He is the voice of conservatism and will rally all people, Democrats and Republicans alike and defeat Barack Obama."

Dec. 19: Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, IA with Rep. Steve King
-Town Hall in Clinton, IA
-Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
-Phone Bank in Ames, IA

Dec. 20: Iowa
-Town Hall in Boone, IA
-Town Hall in Le Claire, IA
-Town Hall in Adel, IA
-Door-to-Door in Adel, IA
-Appearance on Hannity from Adel, IA

Dec. 21: South Carolina
-Town Hall in Columbia, SC
-Rally in Greenville, SC with Sen Jim DeMint
-Rally in Anderson, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Fundraiser in Florence, SC with Sen. Jim DeMint
-Apperance on the Fox Report from Florence, SC

Dec. 22: New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Concord, NH
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
-Appearance on The Rachel Maddow Show from Sommersworth, NH

Dec. 23: Iowa
-Town Hall in Cedar Falls, IA
-Town Hall in Mason City, IA
-Rally in Sioux City with Rep. Steve King

Dec. 24: Christmas Eve

Dec. 25: Christmas

Mike Huckabee on the Stump in Adel, IA
"I need your help Iowa. I need your help. I need you to go out for me like you did four years ago. We're the underdog in this race, running up against two opponents who will say and do anything to win the nomination and if elected would be no different than Barack Obama, the only difference being party ID. I represent a change of the guard, I will be the voice of you, the voice of the forgotten America. Iowa you can get the attention of the nation, so tell your friends, talks to your neighbors, rally together because if we win here we'll win the nomination and we'll defeat Barack Obama in November!"

Huckabee Ad: Christmas (Airing in: IA/NH/SC)

"Hello, I'm Mike Huckabee and amid all the business of the Christmas season I'd like to take this moment to extend my best wishes from our families to yours. We wish you a Merry and Blessed Christmas and to a happy and healthy New Year. Despite of the challenges we face in our country today, we count our blessings for still living here in the greatest nation on earth. For in the word's of scripture: Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men."

I'm Mike Huckabee and I approve this message.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: June 07, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »
« Edited: June 07, 2013, 10:08:48 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Huntsman rally in Concord, New Hampshire.

“I was watching a speech by a respected Senator from South Carolina. He made a great point that a clear contrast is needed between President Obama and the Republican nominee. He mentioned three candidates, Senator Huntsman, Governor Huckabee, and myself, and I can say he is about two- thirds right. Senator Hutchinson and Governor Daniels all have wonderful resumes, but they do not offer bold solutions. And you can add Governor Huckabee to that bag as well; in fact, Governor Huckabee offers more of the same, and would be bad for the party and the nation as a whole. We need bold solutions to provide a clear contrast against President Obama's failed and frankly dangerous policies.”
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #211 on: June 08, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »

Hutchinson Campaign Schedule December 19th-25th, 2011
     "There's sure been some criticism lobbed our way over the past few days hasn't there? I've been called not a conservative and been told that I do not offer "bold solutions" by one of the most moderate candidates in this race, Governor John Hunstman, a man appointed by Obama himself. Ain't it ridiculous? My campaign is focused on the issues affecting millions of Americans such as job creation and foreign policy, not name calling and infighting and I hope my fellow Republican Primary Candidates decide to do so as well. I know myself, Senator Ayotte, Representative Paul, Governor Roemer, and  Governor Daniels have."

Monday December 19th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, John Rich, and Mary Fallin)
Rally in Des Moines
Speech on policies of other Candidates in Des Moines
Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids
Townhall in Cedar Rapids

Tuesday December 20th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with Jan Brewer and Susana Martinez)
Speech in Sioux City on the economy and unempolyment
Charity fundraiser for homeless
Townhall in Sioux City
Meet and Greet in Sioux City

Wednesday December 21st, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Jan Brewer, and John Kyl)
Speech in Waterloo on the future of America
Rally in Waterloo with undecided voters
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor
Speech in Waterloo on unemployment

Thursday December 22nd, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with Chris Christie, Olympia Snowe, and Susan Collins)

Speech in Concord on the future of America
Townhall in Concord
Meet and Greet in Concord
Appearance on the Rachael Maddow Show

Friday December 23rd, 2011- NEW HAMPSHIRE (Campaigning with John Kyl, Chris Christie, and Lisa Murkowsi)

Speech in Hillsburough
Rally on the economy in Concord
Fundraising dinner in Concord
Charity volunteering in Concord

Saturday December 24th, 2011

No events scheduled

Sunday December 25th, 2011-
 No events scheduled

Debate Answer: I don't support Affirmative Action on the grounds that it removes true, blind equality from the system. I believe Affirmative action doesn't create true equality, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed and those with the most merit do because people with better qualities may be left behind just because their skin is white, or they're male, or they're Catholic etc. While there was terrible inequality in the past, its time to get past it. Preferencing certain ethnic groups kind've defeats the purpose. Its reverse to what went on in the past, everyone now deserves and equal chance at life, be they white, black, Jewish, Baptist, French, or Mexican.

Chris Christie:
    "All this criticism being hurled at Hutchinson is baloney being spouted out by rivals who have no record, Kay does. John Huntsman served under Obama and Mike Huckabee accuses her of saying anything to win the nomination, if you actually look you'll see that he's the one who'll say anything. Its ridiculous. Are they serious? Kay is one of the few Republicans who can lead us to victory in this extremely important election. Let me tellya, Huckabee isn't one. Especially if he keeps on spouting his rhetoric.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #212 on: June 08, 2013, 11:46:51 PM »

Ron Paul Debate Answer:
I am firmly against affirmative action, it doesn't promote individual motivation, it puts people in to groups based on where they come from, or what they look like. That sounds more discriminatory than what we had before! We need to eliminate affirmative action programs, what matters is each individual, not groups of people. You hire the person best suited for the job, not because of their race, but because of what they have accomplished, rather than filling a quota that is required by the government. This only hurts businesses, and qualified people looking for a job, or education.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »

Buddy Roemer for President: Free To Lead

Week of December 19th - 25th: New Hampshire

December 19th-22nd
Events in Cheshire County, maybe a few in Hillsborough.

December 23rd-25th
Christmas in Louisiana.

Debate Response

I don't believe in affirmative action for the same reason a lot of people support it - equality. To me, equality means that everyone gets a fair shot, a fair go at it, regardless of race, sex, whatever. Perhaps there's some room for affirmative action based on the quality of your education and such, but as a small business owner, I wanted the absolute best candidate for the job - and our colleges and government jobs should go to the best.

OOC: Sorry about the quality of this; on vacation on my phone and the hotel doesn't have reception so I can't get online much/for very long.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »

Kelly Ayotte Schedule December 19th-25th, 2011

New Hampshire and Maine

December 19th:
-Meet and Greet in Lewinston, Maine
-Lunch with supporters in Portland, Maine
-Meet & greet in Portland, Maine

December 20th:
-Morning breakfast in Dover, NH
-Meet and greet in Portmouth, NH
-Lunch in North Hampton, NH
-Meet and greet in Hampton, NH
-Town-hall in Rye, NH

Kelly at Town Hall in Rye

December 21st:
-Meet and greet in Eaton, NH
-Meet and greet in Effingham, NH
-Lunch in Wakefield, NH
-Townhall in Brookfield, NH

December 22nd:
-Meet and greet in Manchester, NH
-Meet and greet in South Hookestt, NH
-Townhall in Hookestt, NH

December 23rd:
-Breakfast with supporters in Concord, NH
-Meet and greet in Concord, NH
-Lunch in Franklin, NH
-Townhall in New Hampton, NH

December 24th:
-Rally in Berwick, ME/Somersworth, NH
-Lunch in Rollinsford, NH
-Rally in Dover, NH
-Fundraiser dinner in Durham, NH

December 25th:
-Spend Christmas with Family in Afternoon, in morning spend time with poor and homeless in soup kitchen.

Kelly touring food supply at homeless shelter.

Debate Response

Affirmative action.  This is something which I am completely against for many reasons.  The main reason we all should be against it is for this, it is modern day condoned racism.  You are basically saying that African Americans are lesser than whites, so they need a step up.  You are a hypocrite if you support it and also denounce other types of racism.  The other reason I don't support it is this, all people should be on the same level, no matter race, sex or religion.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #215 on: June 09, 2013, 12:40:10 PM »

Mitch Daniels's Schedule: From December 19 to December 25, 2011:

A Political Christmas:

December 19: (With Rick Perry)

Town Hall in Ankeny, IA.
Town Hall in Urbandale, IA.
Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA.

December 20: (With Rick Perry)

Bus Tour in Sioux City, IA.
Bus Tour in Iowa City, IA.
Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA.

"You know what, Iowa? I think Mitch Daniels is going to win this, I believe that he will be victorious in the state, and that he will earn the GOP nomination through his hard work, his strong organization and his disciplined message. A vote for him is a vote for a real conservative leader, and I strongly encourage you to go and vote for him in January!"

December 21: (With Tim Pawlenty)
Barnstorm in Ames, IA.
Rally in Ames, IA.
Barnstorm in Davenport, IA.

December 22: (With Tim Pawlenty)
Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA.
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA.

"I’m proud to support Gov. Daniels! He's a great candidate. He's a great debater. And He's going to be a great president. In a race where records, experience and economical policies are the crucial issues, he is qualified, and I'm sure that you will get out and vote for him."

December 23: (With Steve Forbes and John Kasich)
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm Des Moines, IA.
Rally in Des Moines, IA.

December 24:
Campaign Strategy Meetings in Des Moines, IA.
Christmas Party with supporters in Indianapolis, IN.

December 25:
Spend Christmas with family in Indianapolis, IN.

Announcements, Messages and Other Things:

1.- Debate Answer:

"My government policy (I think we can agree in this) is the following: sexual orientation and gender identity shall not be a consideration in decisions concerning hiring, development, advancement and termination of civilian employees. I believe in an incluse society, and if we are going to become a state that is forward looking and ready to compete, willing to take risks and try new things, it will take leadership and that leadership should come from every sector of society. Still, affirmative action is not the answer.

I'd like to take the example of college education for this answer: As we know, we are at a time when higher education has never been more important, entering college and earning a college degree is taking Hoosiers too long, costing them too much, and leading far too many to pile up debt with no degree. But affirmative action is not going to solve the problem, is going to create greater ones, which is why I don't support it in, for example, the college admissions process. There are other ways, and Indiana took an essential step with student-centered legislation that makes it easier for more Hoosiers to realize the promise of a college degree
."

2.- Speech in Des Moines, Iowa:

"Americans have seen these last two years what doesn't work. The failure of national economic policy is costing us more than jobs; it has begun to weaken that uniquely American spirit of risk-taking, large ambition, and optimism about the future. We must rally them now to bold departures that rebuild our national morale as well as our material prosperity. Our proposals will be labeled radical, but this is easy to rebut.

Opponents will expect us to be defensive, but they have it backwards. When they call the slightest spending reductions “painful”, we will say “If government spending prevents pain, why are we suffering so much of it?” And “If you want to experience real pain, just stay on the track we are on.” When they attack us for our social welfare reforms, we will say that the true enemies of Social Security and Medicare are those who defend an imploding status quo, and the arithmetic backs us up. They will attack our program as the way of despair, but we will say no, America’s way forward is brilliant with hope, as soon as we have dealt decisively with the manageable problems before us."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: June 09, 2013, 12:53:54 PM »

Huntsman debate response.
"My opinion of affirmative action has already been stated much more eloquently than I ever could put it by Senator Ayotte and Governor Roemer. Affirmative action is in its essence a slap in the face to African Americans. Some critics have called it reverse racism. It is not. It is universal racism. To African Americans, says that they are lesser and need the help of the government to go on in life. To others, it says that they will receive fewer opportunities within the education system because they are not a certain race. This is wrong and it is not what the leaders of the civil rights movement would want." [/ftp]

OOC: Can we have so form of moderated debate where another post asks all the candidates questions and we all respond like in the 2008 game? I think that would be fun.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #217 on: June 09, 2013, 01:33:57 PM »

Speech in Sioux City, IA

"...in order for America to come roaring back we need more than simply shrink the size of the government, cut some taxes and follow the constitution, and then call it a day. We need to do all three things, but there is more nuance to it then that. The goal of my administration is not to do away with government, but to make it work and be more effective in our lives. We need to downsize the federal bureaucracy. Do we need a federal department of education, or is this something that can be applied to the states and local governments? Is the IRS a matter of necessity or can it all be solved with a flat tax? It is time to start thinking i the scale of limited government. That was and should be the intent...."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2013, 05:03:51 PM »

Ron Paul Campaign Schedule:

Dec. 19-21:
Barnstorm Iowa Small Towns

Dec. 22-25:
Rest and celebrate Christmas with Family in Texas

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »

Bump?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2013, 01:42:20 AM »

The week of December 26th - January 1st starts now! Smiley

The New York Times

Polling Update

NATIONAL

Daniels: 27%
Hutchison: 25%
Huckabee: 19%
Huntsman: 10%
Paul: 7%
Ayotte: 6%
Roemer: 3%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 3%

IOWA

Huckabee: 24%
Daniels: 23%
Hutchison: 23%
Paul: 15%
Huntsman: 4%
Ayotte: 3%
Roemer: 1%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 7%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Huntsman: 20%
Ayotte: 20%
Hutchison: 16%
Daniels: 14%
Roemer: 7%
Huckabee: 6%
Paul: 5%
Someone Else/Not Sure: 12%

Quiet Week

After months of intense campaigning, this was a quiet week, as most Americans tuned out of politics to focus on the Christmas season.

Voters are beginning to come home in Iowa, where the race is essentially down the Hutchison, Daniels, and Huckabee. While PPP has Huckabee ahead by 1, ARG has Hutchison up by 3, WAA has Huckabee up by 3, and Insider Advantage has Daniels up by 1. Iowa is truly make or break for some candidates - with New Hampshire between Huntsman and Ayotte and South Carolina leaning towards Hutchison, Iowa could either send Hutchison straight to the nomination, or provide the momentum Daniels or Huckabee needs to last for the long haul. Could either of them survive without winning IA, NH, or SC? By the looks of it, one of them will have to try to, possibly even both.

Endorsements:
Tom Coburn (Former Romney Supporter) endorses Jon Huntsman!
The Des Moine Register endorses Mitch Daniels!
Terry Branstead chooses NOT to endorse - aids say he was deliberating endorsing Daniels or Hutchison
Linda Lingle endorses Kay Bailey Hutchison
John McCain: I will support whoever wins the nomination
Barry Goldwater Jr.: "I'll support Ventura if Paul doesn't win the nomination, and I know of many others who will too!"
Judd Gregg endorses "favorite daughter" Kelly Ayotte
Huckabee earns endorsement of Senator Chambliss and Sessions (Former Romney supporter)

Debate Grades:
Huckabee: N/A (Did not participate)
Hutchison: B
Paul: A-
Roemer: A-
Ayotte: C+
Daniels: A
Huntsman: B

Analysis:
Huntsman chose not to participate in the debate, which many in the party questioned. Overall, candidates gave strong responses, however, after a string of lackluster performances, some are beginning to wonder if Senator Ayotte is fully prepared to go up against President Obama in a General Election.

There will be no question this week - I'm going to try and find an outsider to moderate (Julio?) for next week.

This turn will be open 48 hours. Please PM me for endorsements. It's difficult for me to reward endorsements when I've received so few requests.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2013, 07:37:51 AM »

Huckabee Campaign Schedule: December 26-January 1
Iowa, Iowa, Iowa!

Senator Chambliss Endorses and Campaigns for Huckabee in Iowa
"Iowa is the state that will put Governor Huckabee on the path to win the Republican Nomination!"

Senator Sessions Backs Huckabee
"All conservatives should rally behind this man because a year from now I predict he'll be the President-elect of the United States!"

Dec. 26: South Carolina, Iowa
-Rally in Columbia with Sen. DeMint
-Rally in Des Moines, IA with Sen. DeMint and Rep. King
-Rally in Cedar Falls, IA with Sen. DeMint and Rep. King
-Rally in Ames, IA with Chuck Norris

Huckabee Campaigns in Des Moines, IA
"Four years ago this state made this underdog the winner and I hope we can do it again this time. I feel the momentum growing with our campaign. Our supporters are energized. We're ready for victory! President Obama doesn't want to face us in November, I'll beat him and beat him handily, because I unlike the other candidates in this race offer a clear contrasts between the last four years and a new beginning. The difference is bigger government or limited government. Higher taxes or lower taxes. More spending, or cuts in spending. President Obama is a big government liberal, probably the biggest I've ever seen. Frankly, he's George McGovern's politics with Jimmy Carter's ineptitude."

Dec. 27: Iowa
-Appearance on Good Morning America from Ames, IA
-Rally in Iowa City, IA with Sen. DeMint, Chuck Norris
-Rally in Sioux City, IA with Rep. King
-Rally in Davenport, IA with Chuck Norris
-Phone Bank/HQ Meet & Greet in Des Moines, IA

Huckabee Answers Questions on Good Morning America

Stephanopoulos: "You've come under fire from some Republicans recently by choosing not to appear in the recent debate. Why?

Huckabee: "George, we've done a dozen or so debates. We're scheduled to appear in the one right before the Caucuses. I felt after awhile the debates become redundant and only allow our answers to become fodder for the Democrats and President Obama in November.

Stephanopoulos: "This campaign has taken a nasty turn particularly between you and Governor Daniels. Is going after each other the right approach or does it only weaken the nominee?

Huckabee: "The party must nominate a true conservative in order to win against President Obama. We went with the moderate in 2008 and lost. Today President Obama has a record and it's a poor record. A conservative Republican offers a clear choice to that, not a squishy middle ground. Look, personally I like Governor Daniels, he's a decent man, but when it comes to facing Barack Obama he is not the strongest candidate to put up against him. I believe I can defeat the President, otherwise I wouldn't be in this race.

Dec. 28: Iowa
-Rally in Waterloo, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Burlington, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Council Bluffs, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Victory Office Stop in Council Bluffs, IA
-Appearance on Hannity from Council Bluffs, IA

Dec. 29: Iowa
-Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally in Dubuque, IA with Sen. DeMint, Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Mason City, IA with Sen. DeMint, Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Town Hall in Marshalltown, IA
-Appearance on NBC Nightly News from Marshalltown, IA

Dec. 30: Iowa
-Town Hall in Pella, IA
-Town Hall in Grimes, IA
-Rally in Johnston, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Winterset, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris
-Rally in Fort Madison, IA with Rep. King and Chuck Norris

Dec. 31: Iowa,
-Town Hall in North Liberty, IA
-Town Hall in Fairfield, IA
-Town Hall in Newton, IA
-Town Hall in Clear Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA

Jan. 1: Iowa
-Pancake Breakfast in Clinton, IA with Chuck Norris
-Rally in Clinton, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA
-Rally in Ames, IA

Huckabee and Norris at a Pancake Breakfast
"Many of the candidates talk from the head on a prepared script, like I did as an actor. When I look at Huckabee, he's talking from the heart. That impresses me. It impressed me four years and impresses me today. He doesn't have a speech prepared. This is the man we need in the White House an authentic, straight shooter who will clean up the mess in DC."
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2013, 11:03:49 AM by Spiral »

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule: December 26 - January 1

December 26
-Rally in Twin Falls, ID
-Rally in Caldwell, ID
-Rally in Pocatello, ID
-Rally and Fundraiser in Boise, ID
-Appearance on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

December 27
-Town Hall in Wind River, WY
-Town Hall in Laramie, WY
-Town Hall in Jackson Hole, WY
-Rally in Casper, WY
-Appearance on The Colbert Report

COLBERT: I'm sitting here with former Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura. Let's see, governor, mayor, actor, professional wrestler, Navy SEAL, author, and bodyguard for the Rolling Stones. Is there anything you HAVEN'T done?

VENTURA: I can think of one thing off the bat: President of the United States. [audience cheers]

COLBERT: Well, okay then. But tell me, why are you running as an independent? I can't really trust anyone who isn't a Republican, you see.

VENTURA: Well, because I don't stand for anything that either the Democrats or Republicans advocate for. For instance, I actually want to end the wars for good, bring our boys home, and restore our Constitutional freedoms unlike the Democrats, who have just been all talk. I want to cut spending, balance the budget, and lower taxes for everybody unlike the Republicans, who have only just spouted this stuff off too without substance. The party system as a whole is corrupt, too, and politicians by and large will listen to the word of the party elders above their own constituents back home, which is tragic. I have no allegiance to any party, because I'm not one to kiss up to my higher-ups regularly. You put me in a debate with the two party candidates, and I'll show them who's boss.

COLBERT: Wow. I think he's got me convinced, ladies and gentlemen. JESSE VENTURA 2012!

December 28
-Rally in Warwick, RI
-Rally in Cranston, RI
-Rally in Pawtucket, RI
-Rally in Providence, RI

December 29
-Town Hall in Kenai, AK
-Town Hall in Kodiak, AK
-Rally in Juneau, AK
-Rally in Anchorage, AK

December 30
-Rally in Fort Worth, TX
-Rally in El Paso, TX
-Rally in Arlington, TX
-Rally in Corpus Christi, TX

December 31
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Cloud, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN
-Appearance on Your World with Neil Cavuto
-Appearance on CNN Newsroom
-Appearance on The Rachel Maddow Show

This campaign is very serious. Already we're gaining momentum nationwide as more people are tuning in to my message. Aside from my home state of Minnesota, we're also polling very good especially in places like Alaska, Maine, and Montana. I think my success so far has been because the people are tired of having only Coke and Pepsi as their choices at the voting booth, and they see me as something entirely new as refreshing to offer. My campaign team will be rolling out a new TV ad in the next week or two, and we'll really kick things in high gear from that point on.

January 1
-Rally in Sioux City, IA
-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA

I believe I have a lot of fans here in Iowa. I tell you what, folks, let's show the parties and the media how strong we are out here already. Two days from now, the Republicans are going to have their caucus here. I want all of my supporters in Iowa to go out and come in support of Congressman Ron Paul's candidacy. Ron is a good man, and I endorsed him for the Republican nomination before I started my own campaign. Unfortunately, the Republican establishment is doing everything they can to suppress his ability to have a fighting chance. Well, let's show those party bosses who the people really support, why don't we?
Spamage
spamage
United States

« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Campaign Schedule December 26th-January 1st 2011/2012
As we Republicans embark on this journey, starting here in Iowa, I want to first thank all of you. Without your effort and support none of this would be possible. If it hadn't been for the grassroots fundraising and door to door campaigning we'd still be at 6% here in Iowa. Instead we could be first, and even if we don't win, remember that the delegates are allotted proportionally and that will be the key to our success. We are one of the few campaigns polling well in the first 3 states. We not only, as of today, are ahead in more states than any other candidate, we also show one of the greatest success stories, and that's all thanks to your volunteering. By going door by door and street by street we spread our message of a better, safer, and brighter tomorrow for us all to share. America, our comeback begins here. Today. Its time for a new era in Washington, one of success, growth, and employment. Thanks again!- Speech to Campaign volunteers

Monday December 26th, 2011- SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Lindsey Graham and Jeb Bush)
Meet with shoppers returning items following Christmas in Columbia
Townhall focused on the economy and job creation in Myrtle Beach
"Speech on the Beach" in Myrtle Beach on Iran and North Korea
Rally in Columbia with undecided South Carolina Voters

Tuesday December 27th, 2011- SOUTH CAROLINA (Campaigning with Lindsey Graham, John Rich, and Linda Lingle)

Rally in Columbia with Republican Women
Townhall in Columbia focusing on Foreign Policy
Speech on the failures of the Obama Administration in Charleston
Appearance on the O'Reilly Factor

Wednesday December 28th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Jeb Bush, George H. W. Bush, Videos by Nancy Reagan, and Mary Fallin)
Rally in Des Moines with Campaign volunteers
Speech in Des Moines about the importance of Democracy
Rally with Undecided voters in Sioux City
Appearance on "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams"

Thursday December 29th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with John Thune, Tom Latham, Olymia Snowe, John Cornyn, and Chris Christie)
Speech in Cedar Rapids to Students on Education
Rally in local field with Farmers focused on the future of Job Creation
Lunch with farmers and families in Cedar Rapids
Appearance on "The Situation Room"

Wolf Blitzer (WB)Sad Today we get to sit down with Kay Bailey Hutchinson the current Republican Presidential Candidate who is looking quite competitive in the first 3 states. First off Kay I'd like to welcome you, and then I have one initial question, what will your priority be in the first 100 days of your prospective presidency.

Kay Hutchtinson (KBH)Sad Well Wolf, its truly a pleasure to be here. If I am elected I think its time for Washington to get cracking on job creation. Too many Americans are out of work and many have lost hope and given up searching. We need to work on a realitic budget and combat the deficit. Besides these there's many other things I would tackle as well. American needs a friend in the White House, and I agree.

Friday December 30th, 2011- IOWA (Campaigning with Jan Brewer, Susana Martinez, Mary Fallin, Linda Lingle, Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Barbara Bush)
Speech to Republican Women with Surrogates in Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines with Small Business owners
Speech in Des Moines to Unemployed workers focusing on job creation
Appearance on the "Rachael Maddow Show"

Saturday December 31st, 2011- IOWA

Townhall in Sioux City
Fundraising lunch in Sioux City with small donors
Film Ad in Sioux City
Campaign office New Years Eve Party open to public for free

January 1st, 2012- IOWA (Campaigning with Chris Christie, John Thune, and Tom Latham)
Townhall in Des Moines
Townhall in Boone
Townhall in Caroll
Meet and Greet in Caroll
Speech in Red Oak on the Economy

Linda Lingle:

"Aloha, as many of you know, I'm from one of the most Liberal States in this nation. During my tenure as Governor I had to work with Democrats everywhere. While some of the candidates in this race may view that with great disdain, not Kay. She works tirelessly for the American people in the U.S. Senate and guess what, she cares. To her, it doesn't matter if your a Democrat or a Republican or a Libertarian, she'll do her best to work for you regardless. You know, many people these days regard the office of the Presidency above the American people when its actually by the American people. Kay understands this and with her as the first female president (cheers) we will really see change come to Washington. She will lead us back on our path to greatness, she will work to fix our economy and will tackle foreign policy. We need Kay in Washington!"

John Cornyn Campaigns for Kay:

"We need Kay as our next President, our nation's future depends on it. Iowa, South Carolina, Florida, New Hampshire, Washington, Texas, Maine, Kansas, Alabama, Massachusetts, Maine, Indiana, and every other state, Kay is counting on you. Kay is the path to a better future, and I see that. While I'll miss serving alongside her in the Senate, as shes such an inspiring example of diligence and hard work, I know that she'll do even better in the White House. Tomorrow begins today, and I know come Caucus Night, we'll have a Kay Bailey Hutchinson victory here in Iowa and from there we go on to the RNC and eventually the White House!"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

Jon Huntsman Campaign Schedule: December 26th, 2011-January 2nd, 2012.

Monday, December 26th, 2011:
10:00 AM: Rally in Manchester, New Hampshire with Tom Coburn.
2:00 PM: Rally in Concord, New Hampshire with Tom Coburn.
8:00 PM: Appearance on The O’Reilly Factor.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011:
10:00 AM: Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
1:00 PM: Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
4:00 PM: Townhall in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
7:00 PM: Flight to Florida.

Wednesday, December 28th, 2011:
8:00 AM: Breakfast with supporters the state campaign headquarters in Orlando, Florida.
11:00 AM:  Rally in Orlando, Florida with Tom Coburn and Charlie Crist.
1:00 PM: Rally in Kissimmee, Florida with Tom Coburn and Charlie Crist.
3:00 PM: Rally in Titusville, Florida with Tom Coburn and Charlie Crist.
5:00 PM-10:00 PM: Touring the Cape Canaveral Space Center.

Thursday, December 29th, 2011:
9:00 AM: Rally in Melbourne, Florida.
11:00 AM: Rally in Vero Beach, Florida.
1:00 PM: Rally in Port Saint Lucie, Florida.
3:00 PM: Rally in Stuart, Florida.
6:00 PM: Rally in Jupiter, Florida.
8:30 PM: Fundraiser in Palm Beach, Florida.

Friday, December 30th, 2011:
10:00 AM: Rally in Miami, Florida.
2:00 PM: Rally in Key West, Florida.
8:00 PM: Fundraiser in Key Largo, Florida.

Saturday, December 31st, 2011:
8:00 AM: Rally in Cape Coral, Florida.
10:00 AM: Meet and Greet in Labelle, Florida.
1:00 PM: Rally in Port Charlotte, Florida.
4:00 PM: Rally in Venice, Florida.
6:00 PM: Rally in Sarasota, Florida.
8:00 PM: Attending campaign organized New Year’s Party with supporters in Sarasota, Florida.

Sunday, January 1st, 2012:
10:00 AM: Rally in Bradenton, Florida.
12:00 PM: Rally in Saint Petersburg, Florida.
2:00 PM: Rally in Clearwater, Florida.
5:00 PM: Rally in Tampa, Florida.

Monday, January 2nd:
8:00 AM: Flight to New Hampshire.
Remainder of the day: Resting with family in New Hampshire.

Tom Coburn endorses Huntsman!
“I am supporting Jon Huntsman in 2012 because he is the only candidate who has the right experience to tackle the problems we face. As a businessman, a diplomat, and a Governor, Jon Huntsman is by far the strongest candidate in the field to take on President Obama in the fall. I have great respect for all the candidates, but they represent the rejected ways of the old Republican Party and will be rejected at the polls the same way we were in 2008. It is time for a Republican rebirth-no “moderates” or “Tea Partiers” or anything like that-it is time for a plain old conservative restoration in the party, and Jon Huntsman represents that.”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies