The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 03:41:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 84
Author Topic: The Hofoid House of Absurd & Ignorant Posts VII  (Read 240982 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: February 18, 2018, 08:40:05 PM »

There is nothing absurd nor ignorant about that post.

i'm curious as to why you find that a reasonable idea?

i don't think height can predict someone's political beliefs in any way
Height?  No.  Insecurity?  Most definitely.
🙄
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1051 on: February 18, 2018, 10:29:53 PM »

you don't have to be insecure about your height. that's your own problem

You don't have to be an idiot. That's your problem.

I'm not an idiot I have an IQ of 500
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1052 on: February 19, 2018, 01:54:24 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2018, 02:10:42 AM by Scott🦋 »

Wasn't George Wallace pretty much a segregationist (and socially conservative) Bernie Sanders?
This isn't as absurd as it seems on the surface. Wallace was fairly progressive on economic issues.

...He was conservative to the core.

Let's dispel the fiction that Dixiecrats were "economically progressive."  Even during the New Deal, Southern Democrats aided the GOP in opposing FDR's programs.  Most of the Democrat party bosses who controlled the region didn't like black or white poors.

How are 7, 8 and 11 "conservative to the core," exactly?

7 is kind of vague.  Conservatives though aren't necessarily opposed to agriculture programs (like subsides) or assistance to industry... especially if they benefit agriculture and industry in their own states.

"'Common sense' (nonsense term) approaches to solve problems of the large cities" sounds borderline dog-whistle-y to me.  That could mean anything from more infrastructure spending to escalating the war on drugs/being "tough on crime."  Since it's Wallace, I'm inclined to think the latter.

11 is actually not that unpopular among paleocons.  Steve Bannon supports the exact same thing.

Overall the Wallace platform isn't very different from the (early) Trump platform, minus the anti-immigration stuff.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1053 on: February 19, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »

today, most people are angered when civil rights are trampled upon

Then what makes you think most people will embrace the trampling of our civil rights protected by the 2nd amendment? Gun rights are human rights.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1054 on: February 19, 2018, 07:26:35 PM »

This is absurd. Its a violation of fundemental human rights and it's not draconian way of interrupting young people's plans and ambitions. The state not exist to provide social cohesion and solidarity. It exists to provide services in exchange for tax dollars. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the atomization and globalization of society.

The terminology of "fundamental human rights" was first formulated during the French Revolution. Revolutionary France was also the first country to institute universal conscription in its modern form.

It is not unreasonable to say that citizenship entails both rights and duties. Those who say that "conscription is slavery" are not much better than the libertarians who say that "taxation is theft".
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1055 on: February 19, 2018, 11:07:14 PM »

This is absurd. Its a violation of fundemental human rights and it's not draconian way of interrupting young people's plans and ambitions. The state not exist to provide social cohesion and solidarity. It exists to provide services in exchange for tax dollars. Besides, there's nothing wrong with the atomization and globalization of society.

The terminology of "fundamental human rights" was first formulated during the French Revolution. Revolutionary France was also the first country to institute universal conscription in its modern form.

It is not unreasonable to say that citizenship entails both rights and duties. Those who say that "conscription is slavery" are not much better than the libertarians who say that "taxation is theft".
"all men... are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" came before the French Revolution.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1056 on: February 20, 2018, 12:53:28 PM »

Hoping for a Pressley win. If she can get this close with just a month of campaigning, hopefully she can pull out a win.

Why? 

Because the Massachusetts delegation is all-white and severely lacking in women. It may not be important to you, but having proper representation of women and minorities in Congress is important for some people. Tough luck for Capuano, but times are changing.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1057 on: February 20, 2018, 01:39:42 PM »

Hoping for a Pressley win. If she can get this close with just a month of campaigning, hopefully she can pull out a win.

Why? 

Because the Massachusetts delegation is all-white and severely lacking in women. It may not be important to you, but having proper representation of women and minorities in Congress is important for some people. Tough luck for Capuano, but times are changing.

Believing that more than 20% of Congresspeople should be women is not absurd or ignorant.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1058 on: February 20, 2018, 01:41:40 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2018, 01:49:42 PM by Santander »

Why?  

Believing that more than 20% of Congresspeople should be women is not absurd or ignorant.

"Congressman" is a neuter term. Also, saying that an individual candidate should or should not win solely based on gender is definitely both absurd and ignorant.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1059 on: February 20, 2018, 01:57:42 PM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.

Technically, an amendment to the Constitution repealing the 2nd Amendment would be, by definition, constitutional. Much like the Amendment repealing prohibition.

The wisdom, or lack thereof, of doing so, or indeed seeking to repeal any portion of the Bill of Rights, is an entirely different matter of course.

Fun fact. The second amendment was not construed to protect private citizens rights to own firearms until relatively recently, as in during Justice scalia's tenure on the bench, uncoincidentally. There's that whole well-ordered militia language. Not to mention Eric almost Minutemen collected their armaments to fight the Redcoats at Lexington and Concord plus other similar early battles from local Regional stores run by the Continental Congress and local governments, and relatively few took their personal hunting musket from off over the fireplace to defend their Liberty as we might imagine.

Another fun fact. Colonial and Articles of Confederacy era governments throughout America had ordinances requiring the registration of individual firearms. Somehow in all his defense of original intent ism, Scalia the duck hunter plain ignored this unquestioned historical fact throughout multiple opinions he wrote.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1060 on: February 20, 2018, 02:01:10 PM »

Technically, an amendment to the Constitution repealing the 2nd Amendment would be, by definition, constitutional. Much like the Amendment repealing prohibition.

The wisdom, or lack thereof, of doing so, or indeed seeking to repeal any portion of the Bill of Rights, is an entirely different matter of course.

That's exactly why I would never support repealing the Second Amendment.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1061 on: February 20, 2018, 02:31:48 PM »

Wasn't George Wallace pretty much a segregationist (and socially conservative) Bernie Sanders?
This isn't as absurd as it seems on the surface. Wallace was fairly progressive on economic issues.

...He was conservative to the core.

Let's dispel the fiction that Dixiecrats were "economically progressive."  Even during the New Deal, Southern Democrats aided the GOP in opposing FDR's programs.  Most of the Democrat party bosses who controlled the region didn't like black or white poors.

Democrats controlled an entire region; to say that all of them were "economically progressive" OR economically conservative would be dumb.  There was obviously a spectrum.  However, Southern Democrats only began to oppose the New Deal once it was solidly in place and seen as helping Blacks a tad too much.  There weren't any Southern Democrats opposing the initiatives in the first few years.  It's disingenuous to insinuate they were pretty much just voting exactly like Republicans.

To be fair, the Republican Party at a national level wasn't necessarily monolithically "conservative" back then (certainly not in the post-WWII, "movement conservative" sense) as it is today. Then again, as you noted, the Democrats 100% controlled via Jim Crow practices and memories of Lincoln and Reconstruction an entire region - the very same region in which the Republicans are hegemonic today (and among the same demographic - said region's white voters are the largest, most consistent, and most monolithically "conservative" regional bloc of Republican voters in the way in which most people use the term post-WWII, post-Goldwater/Wallace/Nixon/Reagan/Gingrich and yes, in our current Age of Trump). 

Good luck finding any Rockefeller/Dewey/(George)Romney/Scranton-style Republicans in that region at any point in American history (unless you count the almost-forgotten first crop of Southern Republicans during Reconstruction, ironically enough! Tongue ).

Also, keep in mind the kinds of Southern Democrats who tended to chair and control Congressional Committees, which were of course much more powerful fiefdoms back then. Those Dixiecrats certainly weren't what you'd call bleeding hearts, needless to say...
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1062 on: February 20, 2018, 03:28:29 PM »

you don't have to be insecure about your height. that's your own problem
Exactly.  I don't care if you're short or tall.  Just don't be a dick about it.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1063 on: February 20, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »

They want to pimp out their friend’s deaths and make a statement? Well then we the people have the right to answer them. The ultimate victory of the NRA this time around will be an important life lesson for them anyway: you can’t always get what you want.

Mods please ban.

You can leave. You don't have to wait until you're banned.  If you want an echo chamber, go elsewhere.
What wonderful mods we have!

Thank you. Freedom includes the freedom to be an idiot. As long as people don't post lies or attacks, I have far better things to worry about than what a random poster posts. Calling people despicable or the like may be cathartic, but it doesn't win arguments.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1064 on: February 20, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »

Why? 

Then support some female candidates to knock out Republican men.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1065 on: February 21, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »

Proving that youthful and trendy movements of "hope and change" can not change the minds of wise adults. These kids have been through alot, but gun control simply does not work. What works is letting responsible teachers store guns with restricted access inside the school. That could save dozens of lives in the case of a shooting.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1066 on: February 21, 2018, 10:10:00 PM »

I love them, they're always so sharp.

Top 10 most negative influences on America in the 20th century, no contest.

If hell is real, I hope Billy is down there.

How can you say that he was one of the most negative influences of the last century? He did the right thing and bailed out MLK when MLK was in jail over Selma. He stood rightly on the marriage issue(against gay marriage).  No man is perfect (except Jesus) but the good Rev Graham did in bringing many millions to faith in Jesus is near incalculable.

You see, my friend... Most people in America today are not homphobes, and support gay marriage. Your kind will die out eventually, and become, at most, a fringe, tiny group, exactly like segregationists today. You're on the wrong side of history on this issue.

I’m not a homophobe nor am I gonna be relegated to a fringe group. Those against gay marriage will not be treated as a segregationist for one simple fact. Segregation was wrong. Opposing gay marriage is moral and scientifically logical.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #1067 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:24 PM »

obviously TR then Lincoln. Both would obviously be Democrats today.

Im not sure about that, as the current politician that most like both those Presidents are Republicans .

Most like TR is John McCain

Most like Lincoln is Bruce Rauner

The distortion of TR's legacy continues it seems. And fu'cking Bruce Rauner as any comparison to Abraham Lincoln is laughable.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1068 on: February 22, 2018, 11:10:05 PM »

Like seriously, what do you want other than a suburban mother of two who is one of the principle figures of the #resistance? She's practically grown in a vat to run in the Panera Belt in 2018.
She's also a carpetbagger who is paying her husband lots of money from here congressional account.  Seems like a great get right there.

She moved home (something the DCCC seems more than willing to support in other candidates) and her husband happens to work for one of the better digital firms in the country. Good try Jarkansas.
Pointing out the truth isin't trying anything honey.  But go on ahead and support her, I know you guys have to support some women to seem fair.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1069 on: February 23, 2018, 01:04:05 AM »

Im not sure about that, as the current politician that most like both those Presidents are Republicans .

The distortion of TR's legacy continues it seems. And fu'cking Bruce Rauner as any comparison to Abraham Lincoln is laughable.

Ok Rauner was a bad comparison but Lincoln would be most like a moderate Republican today(and since Rauner was one and from Illinois i made that comparison)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1070 on: February 23, 2018, 01:17:20 AM »

Ok Rauner was a bad comparison but Lincoln would be most like a moderate Republican today(and since Rauner was one and from Illinois i made that comparison)

Ah yes. The party that defends the Confederacy and their traitor statues and goes berserk when black people kneel would be a great fit for a modern day Lincoln.

Not to mention the Lincoln that said that "Labor was prior to capital" and corresponded with Marx.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1071 on: February 23, 2018, 02:25:33 AM »

Ah yes. The party that defends the Confederacy and their traitor statues and goes berserk when black people kneel would be a great fit for a modern-day Lincoln.

The vast majority of  Republicans 100% denounced that

No we are getting mad because that action is disrespectful to the flag.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1072 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:32 AM »

Apparently, people want California to be the wholly own subsidiary of MS-13. Nice.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1073 on: February 23, 2018, 09:17:31 AM »

Ah yes. The party that defends the Confederacy and their traitor statues and goes berserk when black people kneel would be a great fit for a modern day Lincoln.

Not to mention the Lincoln that said that "Labor was prior to capital" and corresponded with Marx.

Feel free to prove me wrong, but I am led to believe that Marx simply wrote him a letter of congratulations upon his 1860 victory. And I believe noted social democrat William McKinley was the next GOP nominee to place labor before capital.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #1074 on: February 23, 2018, 10:52:29 AM »

In the ongoing Russia investigation, Bernie Sanders has said that he unwilling know the Russians were targeting Hillary Clinton campaign. What he hasn't acknowledged is the backing he received from Vladimir Putin and co. Russian Facebook memes showed a shirtless geriatric warning primary voters not to support Hillary Clinton. Ted Devine, one of Bernie campaign mangers, has been in contact with the Russians during the lead up of the election. Bernie responses resemble the the man who was ultimately put into Oval Office by the same cronies.

Will this scandal doom Bernie campaign if he decides to run in 2020?

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies